RANT: I hate it when people say things like...

a woman came up to me when i was minding my own business waiting for OH and said my god are you having twins and I said no and she said christ good luck with that then!!!

a woman came up to me when i was minding my own business waiting for OH and said my god are you having twins and I said no and she said christ good luck with that then!!!

Oh my God!!!!! How unbelievably cheeky!!! Talk about not engaging the brain!!!

i do think that the older generation forget how big u get - when they were preg ppl used to wear tents and cover up no we have nice clothes and some that accentuate the bump so maybe thats why they think we all look maaaaaaaaaaaassiiiiiive :rofl:

You've started something here Silas!!!

- MIL "make sure you let Matt (OH) do things, i know that he can be a bit... but he'll make a good dad' WTF!!!??? First of all 'he can be a bit - like what? and secondly, its his frigging, child - of course i'm going to let him do stuff!!!

- MIL (sorry its not meant to be a MIL slagging off session :blush:) "now i know what your like, your like me" (err no i'm not) "you have to take it steady, have you been resting, you can't possibly take the dogs out for a walk, or go to the shops, make sure Matt, that she doesn't do too much and takes it easy"....... O.K. I appreciate the concern, but i'm pregnant, not dying, and surely if i feel like i can manage to do these things i should? I know loads of pregnant ladies that would give their OH's left testicle to be able to be as active as i have been during the late stages of pregnancy.... i'm not a child, and i will slow it down when i feel i need to!!!

This is the best one...

- friend of MIL, who i met once at the MIL's birthday meal in a restaurant. I was sat opposite her....
" oh dear you look blooming, really well!!!! Well i do hope everything goes well for you, after all you have had 2 miscarriages, and your brother has died, and your other brother is disabled - it's just i hope he (the bump) is normal" topped off with a look of pity!!! :dohh: what type of a re**rd goes around saying that to anyone - let alone a pregnant woman your meeting for the first time!!!

Oh my goodness Diz, that is an awful thing to say - what kind of response can you give to that? :hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

for all of you ladies surrounded by insensitive people

Can't believe what some morons say!!!

My MIL is a lovely lady but she has been telling me
" you must get your rest, your gonna need it"
Then follows that on with a hundred calls a day and if I don't answer the phone she is around at the door.
To which she says
"oh did I wake you? what are doing sleeping at this time?"
Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the fact I don't sleep much at night which I HAVE told you, and that Im trying to take naps in the day, which oh, I HAVE told you that too!!!
Im sooo tired Im wondering if I'll be able to deliver this cheeky monkey when it comes!!!

People are really sensitive aren't they! I can't believe some of the things you girlies have had to put up with.

I thought it was bad enough that half the people I know think I am huge and must be having twins - despite the four scans I have had that prove otherwise (apparently it could be hiding behind the other on lmao! :haha: The other half think the bump is small and neat.... are they being polite, or is everyone just insane??

The other thing that really gets to me is people that say ' you are doing so well, I am surprised how well you are looking etc etc'. I like to remind people that I am pregnant NOT sick lol. I am a big girl, so maybe they are impressed that I am not flat on my back at 8 1/2 months and still out and about, but I think they forget that I have been a LOT bigger than this in the past without being pregnant, and I did run a marathon about a month before I got pregnant.

I think some people are just concerned/want to be involved, they just forget to engage their brain before their mouths bless them! As for the really insensitive buggers... they just need a slap in my opinion!

:hug:

You've started something here Silas!!!

This is the best one...

- friend of MIL, who i met once at the MIL's birthday meal in a restaurant. I was sat opposite her....
" oh dear you look blooming, really well!!!! Well i do hope everything goes well for you, after all you have had 2 miscarriages, and your brother has died, and your other brother is disabled - it's just i hope he (the bump) is normal" topped off with a look of pity!!! :dohh: what type of a re**rd goes around saying that to anyone - let alone a pregnant woman your meeting for the first time!!!

Oh my goodness Diz, that is an awful thing to say - what kind of response can you give to that? :hugs:

To be honest Silas it takes a lot to offend me - the woman must have been nearly 80 ... i just though Jesus Christ woman what a thing to say.....

Yesterday I got told by 2 separate people that I was huge and probably wouldn't go full term the size I am!!

And also that I was small for 6 months... WTF!!

yeh its the mixture isnt it some ppl tell you that your small and have a lovely neat bump - all out front :rofl: and others say my god your HUGE :dohh:

People are really sensitive aren't they! I can't believe some of the things you girlies have had to put up with.

I thought it was bad enough that half the people I know think I am huge and must be having twins - despite the four scans I have had that prove otherwise (apparently it could be hiding behind the other on lmao! :haha: The other half think the bump is small and neat.... are they being polite, or is everyone just insane??

The other thing that really gets to me is people that say ' you are doing so well, I am surprised how well you are looking etc etc'. I like to remind people that I am pregnant NOT sick lol. I am a big girl, so maybe they are impressed that I am not flat on my back at 8 1/2 months and still out and about, but I think they forget that I have been a LOT bigger than this in the past without being pregnant, and I did run a marathon about a month before I got pregnant.

I think some people are just concerned/want to be involved, they just forget to engage their brain before their mouths bless them! As for the really insensitive buggers... they just need a slap in my opinion!

:hug:

i think if you have been bigger in the past people must expect you to binge on krispy kreme the second you get your BFP hehe, I get a lot of surprise about this!!!

"Oh, you don't even look pregnant"

WHY would anyone say this?! Do i usually look this fat then?! Grrr...

This baby is my first and given my age, probably only through childbirth. I know I could very likely have another healthy baby, but I have decided that it is not the right choice for me.

So I have told ppl, that we will probably adopt a girl next time.

Certain family members ---oh once you hold that baby in your arms, you'll change your mind. You'll just love that baby.

Yes, I am hoping so, but what does that have to do with wanting to adopt a second. What you think having a child will make it impossible for me to love a child I didn't give birth to? Maybe, you are the one that wants me to have the second child, and you are trying to tell me how I should feel---so frustrating

Apparently my severe morning sickness, that rendered me stuck in my bed from 5+2 to 21weeks, off work and unpaid for a while, was Mother Nature's way of telling me I needed to lose weight!!! (MIL) (And I'm not that big really!)

Apparently my severe morning sickness, that rendered me stuck in my bed from 5+2 to 21weeks, off work and unpaid for a while, was Mother Nature's way of telling me I needed to lose weight!!! (MIL) (And I'm not that big really!)

She actually said that?! Thats awful :hugs:

ohh this thread is making me laugh....

ive had a few too...

"you sure thats not twins?"...um im pretty sure id know by now if it was
"my god, you'll never make it to november..."....why exactly?
"look how big youve got!!"...yes...theres a BABY in there...its GROWING.
"make sure you get plenty of rest, youl need it when baby comes"....so...sleeping for hours NOW will make me feel less tired in november?
"it'll fly in"...what exactly is it thats "flying" in??
"Your all at the front..must be a girl"...Why MUST it be a girl? are you pyshic??
"my such and such (insert sister/cousin/aunt etc) is due around the same time as you and shes TINY"....why, thank you, now i feel great.

but my FAVOURITE one....

"its alright...it wont be long till your better"........better?? am i ill??? since when was pregnancy classed as some sort of disease??

its amazing how its random people in asda or on the street that feel the need to say these things. half of them with kids....im like and i suppose you were the picture of a perfect pregnancy where you??

xxxx

its amazing how its random people in asda or on the street that feel the need to say these things. half of them with kids....im like and i suppose you were the picture of a perfect pregnancy where you??

xxxx

someone actually lost conversation walking past me the other day as she was having such a good look at my belly!

one person has even walked past me in town and shouted "GOD WHY IS EVERYONE PREGNANT!" like it is illegal.... AS she had about ten of her brood following behind and pushing a pram!!!

my 'good' friend said to me a while back 'Your a lot bigger than L' knowing that L is 2 weeks ahead of me :growlmad: that is obviously what I wanted to hear :trouble:

I dont mind people saying i'll soon feel better, mainly because i've been ill through most of the pregnancy. I do hate people saying oh but it will all be worth it.

I KNOW IT WILL, I NEVER SAID IT WOULDN'T BE!

xxxx

someone actually lost conversation walking past me the other day as she was having such a good look at my belly!

one person has even walked past me in town and shouted "GOD WHY IS EVERYONE PREGNANT!" like it is illegal.... AS she had about ten of her brood following behind and pushing a pram!!!

doesnt she know why someone get pregnant...:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->