Rant! "what do you know, you dont have kids"

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
:growlmad:I sware if i some one else tells me im talking crap about baby matters because i dont have kids i am going to scream!!!!!!

I dident spend 2 years in collage doing an nvq 2 in early years care and education to be told this and work in a playgroup with children aged between 2 and 5.
I am the oldest of 5 kids the youngest being 2, i have looked after him since he was born and i am the only person my mam can leave him with where he dosent scream the house down when she goes.
I have baby-sat my 2 youngest cusins from them being 6 weeks old and i regulary look after 6+ kids at a time rangeing from 13 to 6 weeks old and they tell me i know fuck all about kids!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok feel slightly better now. Any one else get this?

:hug:
I've not had anyone be like that with me, though I don't have much experience with kids anyway. It sound like you have loads of experience and some people generally talk rubbish because they think they know best and won't take anyone else's advice.

Thanks, a friend was asking for advice on potty training her son, so i gave her some and she turned around and said "oh what do you know, u dont have kids" One: i have potty trained dozens of kids when i was at the nursery and TWO! if you are going to disregard my advice why ask me in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just because my advice was the opasit (sp?) of what she was doing. Last time i give her help.

My MIL and OH's family are like that. The whole "you've not lived" and "you have no idea" when it comes to kids. I mean, fair do's, like Nyx I don't have that much experience with kids but I've had a bit of involvement bringing up mum's foster kids and my nephews and neices and stuff.

I know that having kids is hard work, but I'm OK with that, and I can't wait too! I think from your experience though you're VERY well prepared for it and, who knows, they might even be a little jealous and intimidated by all the experience you do have!

Ignore them, you're gonna have fabulous, well adjusted kids that are gonna put theirs to shame ;)

(slap my wrist for the bitchy bit, lol)

x

lol on the second post, that's just her insecurities showing through ;)

lol thanks ready2go

What bitchy bit? that could be cos i am a bitch, well at the moment i am anyway.

Yey! A fellow bitch!

Nah, I think if people are sensitive what I said could have been construed as a little harsh, but I think you're well within your rights to be peeved - you really do have much more experience than they do and they just can't accept it!

You rant as much as you want though! x

I like being a bitch, waaaay more fun than being nice although my Oh dosent agree. Im not a complet bitch only when im peeved or they deserve it.
Its not the fact iv got more experiance than her, she knew this and thats why she asked but why ask and then tell me im talking crap cos iv got none, yet it would be the advice she would get from anyone who had potty trained a kid before. The cow.

Mooooron

She's probably gone home and taken you advice anyway - just doesn't want to show her weakness. Guess it's hard for her, but it's hard for you too and you didn't deserve her ungratefulness.

Its ok, the next time she askes anything im just gonna say "what do i know, i dont have kids. remeber" see how she likes it lmao

If she didn't want your advice then why ask in the first place? You sound like you would know what you're talking about, I might have to ask you for advice lol.
I have a sister in law who says she will NEVER have children, she has no real experience with kids at all and is always always telling me what to do with my son, now that drives me nuts! xxx

all the time. I mean, I can see where they are coming from, but that doesn't make us completely ********, you know what I mean?

I have 2 younger sisters. I was 11 years of age when my littles sister was born. I've been watching her since birth. I *RAISED* my friend's 1st daughter because she couldn't be bothered to up until recently. I used to work in daycare. MY entire life *revolves* around babies. I'm currently studying to be able to safely and naturally DELIVER them.

Good GOD, I HATE people sometimes!:hissy:

yep ist crap isent it, i mean im no expert but i know what im talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->