Rant:

mysteriouseye

Pregnant with No.3
Reaction score
Just a couple of things I need to get off my chest that are generally annoying me, this week a ‘friend’ of mine who is a good 10 weeks ahead of me has decided that she is going so take the baby name that we had for a girl. This girl knows that I liked this name and was told plenty of times because I trusted her as she was a ‘close friend’ I had more connection to this name as I am half Spanish and it is a Spanish/Latin name and she knows I generally go for Spanish Inspired names. Esmee I got from Esmeralda (Emerald) my birthstone in Spanish. The names I pick have meaning to myself. So when she looked at her husband with that smug look on her face she knew what she was about to do was going to annoy me. I didn’t give her the reaction that she wanted, as I knew this was because she wanted a reaction. I will now pick another name but I just don’t want to be her friend anymore as this just adds to the list of things that she has done to on purposely try and pee me off. She announced her pregnancy 20 minutes after my best friend announced her’s. My best friend was 12 weeks just had her scan, and this lady was about 19 weeks and had anytime to announce her pregnancy but decided to announce it 20 minutes after my best friends.. like she was trying to steal her thunder. Probably wouldn’t annoy some people and some people are probably just scratching their head but this was obviously done on purpose.

Ignore her and use your chosen name, she's the idiot not you. Just be flattered she wants to copy you.
Xx

I can't totally understand how you feel and think your feelings towards her are completely justified. Tbh Hun she sound like not a very good friend or one I would like to keep anyway.

Also stealing your best friends thunder like that is selfish and it sounds to me like she just want to be the centre of attention.

You don't need friends in your life that upset and irritate you. That's not what a friend is. Sending :hugs:

I cant be bothered, She will tell everyone that she picked that name when actually I picked it originally which she knew about, making me look like I am a copy cat when it is infact her... im just going to let her have it and not bother with her anymore... shes going to look stupid anyway :) the name does not go with the surname and her kid is English

Sorry just read my last post and it meant to say I can understand how you feel. Apologies :blush:

I know how you feel. With ttc for over 3 years I had names picked out that meant something to me. I told someone I thought was a good friend and they stole it :growlmad:

But now we have new names and we haven't told anyone! And I'm keeping it that way lol

I am so sorry. My cousin had a friend steal her boys name and it rightfully ended their friendships. I don't have any expecting friends so I am sure my names will remain mine. I want to say good for you on not giving her the reaction she was looking for----it probably irritated her that you stayed calm. The thing is if she is only 20 weeks, didn't get the reaction she wanted, she might change her mind on the name.

By the way I like that you make a name that is personal to you.

Its annoying isn’t it, I know I do not OWN that name I do not have any legal rights over it, but as a friend I expect her to stay away from it just as I would do the same for her. My best friend who is 16 weeks and I spoke about name so that this would not happen because she is my best friend and I would never want to take a name from her, I know she loves the name Olivia.. There would be not a chance in hell I would use that name as she is my best friend and I love her and would never want to be the one to hurt her. This ‘girl’ ill call her girl because she certainly isn’t acting like a grown up woman, I should of never trusted… I had a Csection with my daughter even though I really wanted a natural birth, it took a while for me to accept it and for a while after the birth I felt like I wasn’t a real woman. When this girl had her baby natural a couple of month after me she had the cheek to try and rub it in my face and tell me I didn’t go ‘through any pain’… I should of known from that point to never talk to her again.

Ugh! That would peeve me right off. Just reading that makes me SOOOOOO MAD! Lol well first things first, i would use esmee as your name and second drop that friend asap! She not only sounds like a horrible friend but a horrible attention sucking person.

You already have a daughter named Esmee, right? (Ticker). Now, she is totally copying?

No Apologies Esmee is my first daughters name :) I was just explaining how I generally pick names of my children, I havent put the name on here that she has stolen xx

That would definitely piss me off! How incredibly rude. "friends" like that are NOT friends at all. I admire your ability to not freak on her. I would have screamed at her that she is NOT taking the name I CHOSE for my baby and how low she is if she does. Then I would go on to tell her I would still be naming my child that, since it wont matter that she is since we won't be friends anymore, so there will be no connection! haha but thats just me! My hormones are also raging today so that doesn't help any lol.

I just knew that was what she wanted off me, she wanted me to go mad, but I refuse to let her know she has annoyed me, I’d be giving her what she wants then, same with the C-section Comment… every part of me wanted to tell her to go f**k herself, and that she shouldn’t throw comments like that around because she could end up having a section herself. But I just didn’t comment to it, shes a little girl who wants a playground fight… but she wont get that from me because I am an adult unlike her :) Its like a baby having a baby really.

That would really annoy me. I swear some people are just pathetic like that. Kind of reminds me of OH stepsister..
Definitely keep with your chosen name after all once you've explained to everyone the reason for your choice and that it has significant meaning behind it. Then she will be the one looking stupid at the end of the day and it will be obvious to people she has taken your idea. Just because she's further along than you doesn't mean she can steal your ideas x

She sounds like a delightful person! I'd stick with the name and tell people the reason for your choice. Her story will be a little more awkward! You don't need people like that in your life :)

omg. I'm sorry! I would be so extremely mad!.. I would !! lol . I would tell her straight up too, that you are very flattered that she trys in every possible way to copy you and sound's to me like she tries to get you jealous!? kinda sound's like my friend.. two weeks after my mc, I got a text that said "I'm pregnant shhhh" I was like reaaaaly?!? come to find out, she was not even pregnant when she sent me the text!! crazy, right?? girls suck! lol

I would be so mad! This is why I tell no one about names even my parents dont know... I went mad at OH cos he told his mum our ideas! I was like she could tell people and they could name their child it!!

Silly people like that obviously don't have good enough taste to pick their own x

I think it'd be different if she had always wanted that name too. The situation would be stickier then. But it seems she blatantly copied you. I would just go with your chosen name. In the end, who cares if others think you copied her? You'd have the name that is special to you and your little one will grow up knowing her name means something important. Even if you kept this woman in your life, the odds of your daughters growing up as friends is not high so I'm sure there won't be confusion between them.

Personally, I only really respect the name choices of family and very close friends. I don't care if a casual acquaintance uses, or wants, the same name as me. But then, I like traditional names so odds are higher that someone else will like it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->