Rant:

I can understand if you need to choose another name, she's soured the milk over that name. I think what you said is very accurate, she's stolen the name you chose, it's Spanish and she has an English last name. It's out of sorts.

Stay away from her, don't invite her to your shower if you have one, hang out with your girlies and enjoy your pregnancy. She's obviously insanely insecure and jealous to be playing these games and your happiness is her worst enemy. Be happy, and enjoy:wohoo:

If you no longer want to be her friend and won't see her anymore then stick to your original plan and use the name you love.

Our situation is different, but we came up with a girl's name we love shortly after our son was born. We both agreed that we really loved the name Isla and wanted to call our daughter that should we ever have one. About a year later our really good friends got pregnant and revealed the name they wanted to call their daughter: Isla. It wasn't that they had taken it from us, because we had never told them we liked the name. They called their little girl Isla, but we're still planning to use the name if we have a girl (we've asked if they'd mind and they don't - it's not like we're stealing their name, they know we had chosen it before they told us they were going to call their daughter that). I don't think you should compromise something as important as your child's name just because your friend's baby has the same name. We are very dear friends of this couple, but we know they plan to move back to New Zealand in the next few years. I would hate to think we didn't call our daughter a name we adored only to have the baby with the same name move half way across the world. We would obviously still stay friends, but we wouldn't see them very often any more (as much as this saddens me :( ).

x

It would be hard for me not to take a small jab because I would be so ticked off. Something like "it is such a beautiful name and you should give her my last name as well so it is as lovely as it can be" and you'd only be being truthful lol.

It would be hard for me not to take a small jab because I would be so ticked off. Something like "it is such a beautiful name and you should give her my last name as well so it is as lovely as it can be" and you'd only be being truthful lol.

I completely agree, I'd be inclined to say "it is such a beautiful name and you should give her my last name as well so it doesn't sound so out of place" haha. It'd be so hard for me not to speak to all our mutual friends and tell the story with pointing out how it suits a Spanish last name. :grr:

But again, this would feed her soul. People like this thrive off negative attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->