Ranting NHS/molar pregnancy (finally got my recent hCG quant tho!)

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
Well I got my hCG results finally, by shouting at the secretary this morning :rofl:

I told her in fine detail why it's so important, as it's ..um....potentially life threatening??? :dohh:

& a delay could mean the different between needing full chemo or not!!!

They still haven't got round to referring me me tho, bloody idiots.

It's been 5 weeks today since I mc, I can't believe they have kept me waiting so long, lol!
They knew 3 weeks ago something was up with my tissue sample (it's on my notes) & no one told me.
Not even a phone call to say don't have unprotected sex. :growlmad:
Imagine if my levels had gone up in those weeks & I was growing tumors in other parts of my body! :shock:
Or was pregnant again with another molar :shock:

The only reason I have a hCG count for the 1st of April is because I asked for it myself via a friendly nurse at my local GP surgery!!! :hissy:

Well, at least I can keep tabs on the levels myself now, via my GP.
While I wait to be referred. https://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/111/111893dyo9dvclsb.gif

As luck would have it, the hormone has gone down again, so I'm not going to panic.

Anyway, here are my levels over a 3.5 week period ....

21st March - 1123
1st April - 469
14th April - 161

They seem OK to me, just a bit on the slow side :)

Rant over xxx sorry :shock: :rofl:

Disregard my PM then, I got my answer. Boy are some people incompetent!

Thank God you are so utterly ON it and have some answers.

That looks good to me as well, but yeah, frustratingly slow, eh? What's the recommendation from here on? Are you okay to TTC right away?

PMSL I just PM'd you before I read this :dohh:

thank God for that! good for you keeping up the persistence to get those results through!

Lets hope they keep dropping for you xxxx

God almighty they haven't half arsed you about at a time when arsing about is just about the worst thing they can do to you :hugs:

Why the feck have they not been taking your beta's every 48hrs from the word go, honestly it makes my blood boil!!

My consultant wanted me to have the methotrexate, but I managed to be given a weekends grace & my body did the decent thing (finally), after a week of my hcg remaining in the 700s, & let go of the baba.

My HCGs fell over 11 days from 1,700 to 52 & were 2 yesterday (18 days after they were first taken), they seem to have really dithered over your case & that's just not on, why should you have to fight to get your own results here???!

I hope they start treating you with the care & sensitivity that you truly deserve sweetheart, sending you huge hugs xxxx

Blimey u have really been through it haven't you - the hosp here has been really good with me and finally 4 weeks after MC my levels are down to 18 and the Dr is happy with that and doesn't want to see me again.
I can't believe how things can be so different in different parts of the country.
But well done you for persisting and getting the info out of them, fingers crossed yr levels keep going down and everything works out ok eventually

:hug:

That's fabulous news wilsmum! 18!! You're nearly there!!! :D xxx

Oh Dan-o so sorry you had to go through this again! I think the nurses at the hospital think I am a :witch: because I don't make a very good patient.:rofl: After my dd was born 10 yrs ago my mom appologized to them for my behavior, but I didn't think I was so bad. LOL I guess it help sometimes when you are a :witch: to get the things done that need to be. Hope it's a swift recovery!:hug:

What a dreadful carry on! You are being so brave about this. As you know I was messed about too and my GP is making a formal complaint on my behalf. Its maybe soemthing to think about, although I am sure you have enough on your mind at this moment in time.
I hope you get your referal soon, and as ever you are in my thoughts. XXX

It is really frustrating that it all depends on what hospital etc that you have and no wonder you are so frustrated. I hope that from now on they buck their ideas up. Thinking of you xx

What a dreadful carry on! You are being so brave about this. As you know I was messed about too and my GP is making a formal complaint on my behalf. Its maybe soemthing to think about, although I am sure you have enough on your mind at this moment in time.
I hope you get your referal soon, and as ever you are in my thoughts. XXX

Yes, I thought the handling of your ectopic was disgraceful!! xx

OMG Dan-o just caught up on your news! Really shocked- I'm so so sorry! What a nightmare for you! its so unfair! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->