Raspberry leaf tea.

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
For those who are deciding to drink it...

When did you start? And are you going with tea or the capsuals?

I'm 31 weeks and wondering when I should start with it?

Thanks ladies! :flower:

I'm drinking the tea - aiming for 4 cups a day. I started at 34 weeks this time but last time I started at 32 weeks and I really do think it helped in labour and after. I only had about 5 pushes with DD and afterwards my uterus contracted down really quickly. The midwives all commented on it so it must have worked.

That's why I thought I'd give it a go, my sister tried it in her pregnancy and she had a relatively short labour and a very quick pushing stage, so I'm willing to give it a try.

I think I started taking it around 31-32 weeks? Just the capsules.. I hate fruit tea! And then I upped my dose at about 37 weeks?? My memory's so crap.

I'm not sure how it affected my labour. I was in latent labour contracting every 2-3 minutes for about 30 hours before I reached the active stage. My waters broke at 9.40am and I was examined and I was at 4cm. By about 2pm I was fully dilated! So my active stage was very quick but my latent stage lasted ages. Maybe the RLT helped with the active stage? Once my waters had gone it was all systems go!! So maybe :thumbup:

Yes AK it's supposed to help with the active stage and helping your uterus contract back afterwards so it sounds like it did work for you 😃

I will be doing the capsuals too as I don't like tea.

How many would I take per day to start with?

I will be doing the capsuals too as I don't like tea.

How many would I take per day to start with?

I'm sure it will say on the box how many to take as it will depend on the dosage. I love the tea!

I started the tea at 35 weeks, it's horrible and I can only manage 1 cup a day. Would prefer the caps but can't justify the cost,almost £10 for a 30 day supply when you have to take upto 6 a day. Sod that.

I drank 2 cups a day starting at 27 weeks and then upped to three by 35 weeks and stuck by that until until I delivered.

I don't know if it helped me at all because I pushed for 2 hours and ended up needed an episiotomy as his head got stuck coming out and his heart rate started to drop.

This time round I drink about 4 cups a day. I pour it into a big cup, add some fruit juice and ice. Chill in fridge :)

With my son I drank it religiously and on a schedual of upping it a cup a week. I pushed for 4 hours and ended in an episiotomy because he was face up. However my uterus contracted back to normal quite fast and my bleeding also didn't last too long.

I started at 35 weeks last time, once capsule a day gradually increasing to about 5 a day by the end (I went to 41 weeks).

I had a three hour labour with about 2 pushes and she literally flew out, so I'll definitely be taking it again this time round! I may start at 32 weeks instead this time.

I started drinking it the last week last pregnancy. I only had to push for 15 minutes, so maybe it helped? I like the tea but it turns my teeth brown if I drink too much!

I started drinking the tea at 35 weeks. At first one cup a day, now I do 2-3. Have no idea if it will help, but figured it can't hurt. I also eat 6 dates a day. Hoping between the two it helps shorten the process a bit.

I started drinking the tea at 35 weeks. At first one cup a day, now I do 2-3. Have no idea if it will help, but figured it can't hurt. I also eat 6 dates a day. Hoping between the two it helps shorten the process a bit.

i read about the dates but i cant do them everyday ... i try to eat a couple but its too sugary :(

I started around 32 weeks but only drank it on and off from 36 weeks, once I got to 10cm he wasn't even fully engaged but I only pushed about 4 times- took about 5 minutes:thumbup: The midwife couldn't get over the fact he had a perfect round head:haha:
He's 3 weeks old now and my uterus has gone right down, I'm almost the same size pre-pregnancy so I think it helped me:flower:

I've been having raspberry leaf tea since 32 weeks. The dosage was actually recommended by my midwife. 1 tea a day 32-35 weeks. 2 teas a day 35-38 weeks, 3 teas a day after 38 weeks. Not sure if it's going to work but I really hope so as I hate the taste but have been falsing myself to drink it.

Start from 32 weeks with just a cup/capsule a day and increase to 2 by 34w, 3 by 36 and then 4+ by 37w/onwards :flower:

Definitely worked for me :thumbup: second stage of labour with DD1 was just 13mins and with DD2 it was 5mins! Expecting this baby to just fall out :haha:

I think I did 1 cup a day from 33 weeks, then increase by 1 cup a day every week up to birth. I was on 6/7 cups a day by birth day!! And she flew out!

I'll definitely be doing it again!

Start from 32 weeks with just a cup/capsule a day and increase to 2 by 34w, 3 by 36 and then 4+ by 37w/onwards :flower:

Definitely worked for me :thumbup: second stage of labour with DD1 was just 13mins and with DD2 it was 5mins! Expecting this baby to just fall out :haha:

^^^ this is what iv read hun when iv been looking it up. the capsule box doesnt give any advice apart from you shouldnt take when pregnant lol.

i will be starting mine this week since i want to try go at 37 weeks.. epo starting next week just one a day then slowly building up each week. Ive got capsules and tea... the tea's not too bad tbh with a little sugar in it. xx

Oh my goodness the capsuals say not to take when pregnant? Ok, that's crazy lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->