Raspberry leaf tea.

yep im sure thats what my box says. it will just be because it can cause you to get more bhs so shouldnt be used in early pregnancy x

Yeah I wouldn't worry, it's because you shouldn't take RLT during early pregnancy because of it's effects on the uterus :thumbup:

I couldn't stomach the tea but took 1 capsule a day from 36 weeks. My labour was VERY quick - waters broke at 12:15am and she was born at 1:28am!!!

x

Last time I started around 30 weeks, having a couple of cups a day, This time I drank it from around 4 months pregnant, the best tasting one i would advise is the clipper organic one.

I'm glad you asked this. I'm 35 weeks and have thought about trying Raspberry Tea Leaf, not sure if I want the tea or the capsules or maybe both (just to switch it up every few days) I also want to start taking Primrose oil, I've heard good things about both and the quicker the labor I think the better x)

I'm also kind of praying it helps me go a little earlier than my EDD.

I have just started mine yesterday at 1 tablet a day for now and ill slowly up.

so 30 weeks 1 epo and 1 rlt
31 weeks 2 epo and 2 rlt
33 weeks 2 epo and 3 rlt
34 weeks 3 epo and 3 rlt
35 weeks 3 epo and 4 rlt
36 weeks 4 epo (one internal, 2 swallowed) and 5 rlt
37 weeks 5 epo (2 internal, 2 swallowed) and 5 rlt
38 - same as 37 as induction/section this week!

I will say the EPO caps are expensive £9.95 for 30 caps! so wont last long nearer the end .. and they taste horrible haha. Also im only starting as early as im racing against an induction/section at 38 weeks due to previous section and GD xx

I'm glad you asked this. I'm 35 weeks and have thought about trying Raspberry Tea Leaf, not sure if I want the tea or the capsules or maybe both (just to switch it up every few days) I also want to start taking Primrose oil, I've heard good things about both and the quicker the labor I think the better x)

I'm also kind of praying it helps me go a little earlier than my EDD.

Neither RLT or EPO help to induce labour I'm afraid! RLT helps strengthen the uterine muscles so the pushing stage is much quicker, and EPO helps the cervix become ripe and supposedly helps to stop the perineum from tearing :flower:

I looked at the capsuals as I was going to buy some of those I hate the tea, but when I saw the price I couldn't justify it because I'd need more than one box so I'm just holding my nose and drinking the tea :rofl:

I think the teas actually quite nice with a little bit of sugar in it :D I get the one from Tesco. I think ill mix it up with the capsules and the tablets. xx

I might try and chill it in the fridge and maybe add some dilute fruit juice too it? I wonder what that would taste like :rofl: x

haha i wouldnt like to find out pmsl. but for best effect it needs to be as hot as you can handle itxx

Oh really? I never knew that. Looks like I will have to grin and bear it then :haha: xx

from everything iv read it all says as hot as possible. have a google though hun other places might say other things xx

it is difficult to be exact with dosages if you drink raspberry leaf tea, because it depends on how long you steep the tea and the quantity you use. The best way to prepare your raspberry leaf tea is to boil a cup of water, placing it into a teapot. Put in a teaspoon of raspberry leaf tea, stir or swish and then let it steep for ten minutes. When ten minutes is up, pour it into your favourite mug and enjoy! The taste of raspberry leaf is a little bitter, so you may want to sweeten it with some honey.

You can have up to 4-5 cups of raspberry leaf tea in your third trimester, but have at least 2-3. If you’re in your first trimester, one cup per day is fine.

If you prefer raspberry leaf tablets, it is suggested that you take two 300mg or 400mg tablets with each meal, three times a day, from 32 weeks (Parsons, 1999).

there we go just found this :) xx

It says put In a tea spoon or RLT? They are tea bags, I'm confused haha! Xx

haha its because you can get it in loose tea leaves too from some places. 1 tea spoon is probably the equivalent to 1 tea bag. xx

Righty! I understand now thanks for the bit of information Hun :) x

Do any of you ladies know what the difference is with buying RLT capsuals from holland and Barrett and amazon? There is nearly a £5 different in the price!

i dont think the holland and barrett ones are as strong as those ones. but apart from that thats probably the only difference. holland and barret are 424mg and the ones i see on amazon are 750mg xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->