Raspberry Leaf Tea

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Is anyone drinking RLT or drank it in previous pregnancies?

When did you start drinking it, and how many cups per day?

I started at 32 weeks the last two times - 1 cup a day til 34 weeks, then 2 cups a day til 36, 3 cups til 38 and 4 cups until 40+.

I won't be doing it this time due to issues with irratable uterus and hyperstimulation last time - the RLT really upped my BHs and I don't think I want more than I'm having at the moment!

I drank it with my last pregnancy, I think from about 35 weeks but it's hard to remember as was so long ago! Think it was 2-3 cups per day.

I don't plan on drinking it this time around, mainly because I don't like the taste, but I don't feel that it really did anything. I guess I will see if there is a difference this time around :lol:

I got some pure RLT for later on, but I'm drinking this third trimester tea by earth mama angel baby organics. This tea contains red raspberry leaf but isn't the only ingredient but I wondered if this was okay to drink as they just say it's a third trimester tea and its suggested serving is 1-3 cups. It's so delicious that I had 3 cups over 2 days and I do wonder if that's okay! I don't feel like I'm getting any BH from thm.

I'm really trying to drink it but... The taste :sick:

My tea has chamomile in it as well...maybe that's why I enjoy it. I bet the pure RLT will taste different!

I got some pure RLT for later on, but I'm drinking this third trimester tea by earth mama angel baby organics. This tea contains red raspberry leaf but isn't the only ingredient but I wondered if this was okay to drink as they just say it's a third trimester tea and its suggested serving is 1-3 cups. It's so delicious that I had 3 cups over 2 days and I do wonder if that's okay! I don't feel like I'm getting any BH from thm.

I think that'd be okay :thumbup: Drink on! Hmm probably would be nice with the chamomile in, the one I had was just pure RLT and...ergh.

Rhio - Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought that haha. Even with sugar AND honey, I still struggled through every sip. This time...I just CBF :lol: But I may end up regretting that, who knows!

I've been drinking it from 36 weeks. I drink 2/3 cups a day.
I also made raspberry leaf tea jelly which was interesting. Not sure if it was as effective but I just fancied a change.
I've noticed my braxton hicks get a bit stronger but that's all so far, should have probably started sooner.

I used it in my first pregnancy, I can't remember how much I drank but I did build it up starting at one cup.. As for the taste, I used to wait to it to cool down a little and drink it all in one:haha:
It did work for me(it's meant to strengthen the uterus and make contractions more effective I believe), I still went over my due date and when I drank it I experienced no side affects like BH but my labour from start to finish was 1hr 40minutes. I'm not taking it this time, as I'm now further away from my hospital, and because my labour was so quick.. It actually ended up being traumatic and I gave birth alone cause no one thought I would of progressed that quickly.
I will know for sure this time if it was the RLT that helped or my body just has babies quick.

I'm trying this tea for my first pregnancy, started at about 32 weeks with a 1/2 cup a day but I'll probably be increasing it to a full cup soon. I'm not a tea drinker in general so this was a really hard at first! The only way I can stand it is letting it cool after I brew, stick it in the fridge with some ice, and then mixing it with a fruit punch drink on ice. I've gotten used to the taste now, and I think it mixes really well with the fruit punch. Hope it helps later on!

I took the capsules in both my pregnancies, with dd1 I started at 35 weeks and the pushing stage was around 50 minutes, dd2 I started 2 capsules a day at 32 weeks and she was born in 4 pushes. Not sure if it was the raspberry leaf or not but I tend to believe these things work if they suit me :haha:

I think these things will either work or just not do anything, so it can't hurt right! Hehe :)

I started with 1 cup/day at 34 weeks. Upped it to 2/day at 36. Now I'm probably drinking more like 3-4 cups/servings/day. I used the loose leaf, so it's a little harder to tell vs tea bags. I used it with my first pregnancy too (can't remember how much). I was induced at 40+3, but even being induced and an epidural, my entire labor was 11 hours with 20 minutes of pushing.

I started mine last pregnancy at about 35 weeks - think it was a little too late for me. I had a long labour but I definitely think t helped. Im going to start taking it from 32 weeks this time to see if it makes a difference xx

My midwife said 36 weeks for raspberry leaf tea, but had no issues with me drinking Yogi Mother to Be tea earlier, which has some raspberry leaf in it - sounds similar to yours.

For the straight up tea, she said to start at 36 weeks, and drink 1-4 cups a day. I'm starting at 1 cup, and I'll probably increase by a cup every week. I want an easier labor, but I don't want him showing up early.

Anyone tried capsules? I've just ordered some capsules because I just can't bare the taste, hope they work!

My midwife said 36 weeks for raspberry leaf tea, but had no issues with me drinking Yogi Mother to Be tea earlier, which has some raspberry leaf in it - sounds similar to yours.

For the straight up tea, she said to start at 36 weeks, and drink 1-4 cups a day. I'm starting at 1 cup, and I'll probably increase by a cup every week. I want an easier labor, but I don't want him showing up early.

Can it really put you into labor earlier?? I didn't think that's how it worked. I figure since some women use it to ease period pains that it'll just be that.

Anyone tried capsules? I've just ordered some capsules because I just can't bare the taste, hope they work!

I haven't tried capsules but I also didn't try the pure tea yet. I might consider it if I don't like the taste.

Can it really put you into labor earlier?? I didn't think that's how it worked. I figure since some women use it to ease period pains that it'll just be that.

I really don't think it can, unless your body is ready to go, maybe. But I don't want to take any risks ;) I have fun plans at 38+2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->