Raspberry Leaf Tea

I've been drinking an organic pregnancy tea that my MW said was fine after the first trimester was over. It has it as the main ingredient but has several others in it as well and I like it. I drink at least one cup a day but think I'll start the pure stuff about 32-34 weeks. I absolutely don't want to go more than a week early though as I want to still be on leave through mid June so we can take LO to Florida to see his great great grandma.

I had the capsules last time, started at week 32 with one capsule per day then increased by one extra capsule each week, I was on 5 or 6 a day by week 40. Only needed 5 pushes and she popped out so I am taking them again 2nd time round!

I had an awful, long labour last time. So have decided to try RLT this time round. I started having one cup a day at 34 weeks and will increase to 2 at 36 and 4 at 38. I have one with 5% raspberry flavouring in it by Heath and Heather (holland and Barrett) and it actually tastes quite nice. I enjoy my 10 minute tea break each cay where i brew a cup, and sit quietly and enjoy it. Quite looking forward to starting 2 cups a day!! I do seem to have some BHs afterwards though. Not particularly strong ones, but definitely happening!

So I asked my Dr about RLT. She said its okay to drink it from now as she believes it will either help or it just won't do anything so theres no harm. So I had a cup of the pure RLT and...it definitely did not taste as good as the third tri tea I was drinking which masked the taste with yummy things like chamomile and spearmint. I think I need more of that other tea since I finished a box in less than a week!

I've been thinking about how to get it tasting a little nicer, too. It doesn't bug me as much as it does some women, but it's not delicious. I may toss a mint tea bag in with the raspberry tea when I brew it and see if it helps.

I think I'll ask my MW about it next week at my appt. I figure maybe I'll start at 34 weeks myself. I'm up to most days drinking 2 servings of the Pregnancy Tea a day. I feel like I can use all the help I can get, especially since I want a natural labor if at all possible.

MrsK I bet the mint will make it taste better. I have a peach one, I wonder if that would make a difference.

That's a great idea MrsK I think I'll try that!

Definitely ask Dini! I'm personally looking at it in the sense that it can't hurt either way!

I'm ordering some tea bags next week I think - I did tea bags with DD1 and no issues. Capsules with DD2 and had irritable uterus issues the entire time I was taking it - which could be totally unrelated but the hospital suggested I stop them.

I have GD and have read mostly positive things that it could help lower my blood sugar! There is a small amount of other evidence saying it might do the opposite so I'll just buy one pack of tea bags initially I think.

I added a minty teabag last night and it did help! I may still look for some variety, I don't think I want this particular candy cane tea every night.

Am I the only person who actually really likes the tea? 🙈 I've quite happily swapped it for my normal tea and bought 2 boxes of 50 and I plan on drinking it after he's born! I love it!

Am I the only person who actually really likes the tea? 🙈 I've quite happily swapped it for my normal tea and bought 2 boxes of 50 and I plan on drinking it after he's born! I love it!

It's been a long time since I've had it so I don't know for sure. I'm asking Tuesday when I should or can start using it.

hanni do you have the pure RLT with no flavoring? I've read of some women esp in the UK who were talking about how much they loved the taste but I got the impression it had some raspberry flavoring in it. I don't mind the pure RLT but I'm not in love with it... I started drinking iced RLT with a little sugar and that tastes better to me. I always seem to forget to drink the tea when I make it, since I'm not used to drinking tea normally. I've been having about one cup per day for a few weeks now, and I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday... I think I'm going to start brewing more and icing it to get more in before delivery time :) Also trying for a natural birth here, hope it helps atleast a little!

I've just checked the box and apparently it has apple in it as well. Which makes it strange that I like it because I hate anything apple related! I also add a spoon full of sugar which helps a lot.
Can't get enough of the stuff at the minute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->