Raspberry tea really does work!

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
I started drinking RLT from 32 weeks. I started with 1-2 mugs a day and increased it to 3/4 at 34 weeks and as soon as I reached 36 weeks I was having around 7/8 mugs a day.

This being my 4th baby I was expecting the most horrendous afterpains as I had with my 3rd child (nearly as bad as labour!) but I got none! Zilch! Nothing! and................the day after giving birth my uterus had gone right down, 2 days after giving birth it was right back to normal!!!:happydance:

Both the m/w is hospital and my community m/w both say it was the RLT that did it!

So girls..................get drinking the RLT!:hugs:

I wish i could.. i can't stand the taste of it bleurghhh!

Hun i LOVE your sig pic! SO gorgeous x

I am taking the pills as off next wk

I dont mind the taste but im not managing more than 2 cups a day... just dont fancy it! :dohh:

Have the capsules to take. Need to get them in me and hope its not too late. :blush:

I did RLT and pushed for 20 mins and had no tearing or stitches :) Only drank 2-3 mugs a day.

Oh forgot to add, I pushed for 7 mins:happydance: A couple of little ones then one big huge one!

7 mins - f*n hell! /LOL

i drank it too and had good second stage. drinking it still but only 1 a day cos i cant remember it lol! thinking it helped me!

Enlighten me please girls what does this do? and what does the "L" stand for?

I 'm gona buy it and give it a try but first tell me more....at how many weeks do you start drinking it/popping pills??

You should also try taking arnica from about 30 weeks. That stuff really helped me during an op I had. Also it is good for mental health.

I asked my doctor about drinking it, and she told me not to. Should it only be drank around labour? I'm so confused, because so many of you suggest it!!

Thanks for the advice! I'm on the raspberry leaf tea at the moment and I'm going to keep with it even after I've given birth for about 6 weeks!

Glad to hear it worked for you!

I asked my doctor about drinking it, and she told me not to. Should it only be drank around labour? I'm so confused, because so many of you suggest it!!

That's weird your doctor said that, maybe get a second opinion?!?! You can safely drink it from 32 weeks onwards. I have been drinking it for over a fortnight now and it has brought on lots more BH, not painful ones but definitely have noticed them a lot more since drinking it. I think you would be fine to start drinking a cup or two a day and then increase it to 4 a day closer to your due date.

Hmmmm.... Maybe I'll ask her again, cuz I was around 27 weeks when I asked her. Maybe it was too early?? She told me that it cramps up your uterus. I'll ask her at my next appt, cuz I'll almost be 33 weeks when I go back, I wanna prepare as much as I can!!

I'm off to the shops today to buy some after reading this post!!! Just hope I've not left it too late to make any difference xx

Enlighten me please girls what does this do? and what does the "L" stand for?

I 'm gona buy it and give it a try but first tell me more....at how many weeks do you start drinking it/popping pills??

Raspberry Leaf Tea tones your uterus. Some beleive it can trigger labour but I personally dont think it does. It can cause more Braxton Hicks ie, tightenings..this is your uterus toning up! It is said to help during the pushing stage of labour, ie, making it quicker...I agree!
It then helps your uterus go back to normal size. Mine has never gone back to normal 2 days after giving birth....good stuff!:happydance:
When you can start taking it is a contraversial subject. Some say from 32 weeks, some say from 36 weeks. Holland and Barrat wont sell it you unless you are 36 weeks. I would personally ask your m/w advice. I would say from 32 weeks as I did, but Im no m/w and I dont want to be giving you duff advice .

I dont know what to do as my m/w said to take it from 36 weeks - does this seem really late to anyone?

Would you go against what your m/w says?

''Holland and Barrat wont sell it you unless you are 36 weeks.''

Thats not true as it's not just for pregnant women, it's for anyone. I bought mine the other week and they never even asked how far gone I was.

''Holland and Barrat wont sell it you unless you are 36 weeks.''

Thats not true as it's not just for pregnant women, it's for anyone. I bought mine the other week and they never even asked how far gone I was.

It must depend on where you live then as Ive seen a few posts from people stating this. My local health shop asked how far gone I was before selling me it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->