Re-Evaluating Attitudes Towards "Evil, Wrong-Doers"

Lightworker

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im in the mood for a debate and its oh so quiet in here! Whats happened to all the debates?

Anyway, thought I'd ask what your opinions are on wrong-doers. Today it seems when someone does something wrong, from the very trivial such as being rude, to the momentous, such as murder, society in general tends to react very strongly in condemnation of the person/people.

Do you think its time to re-evaluate this practice? I know even in the papers when a politician or celebrity makes a very human error, the public are so quick condemn the person. To me it reveals that we live in a very vengeful society. Whilst obviously its not to say that people should be allowed to make mistakes without acknowledging he error of their ways, do you think its right to be so vengeful/negative in our reactions. It seems society gets off on their cloud of righteous indignation. I personally feel that this can have a negative effect on social harmony as it causes more discord and is very divisive.

I know people say reactions are involuntary, but I believe everything we think and feel is not involuntary and we can make the decision to think/feel a different way.

We also spend time teaching our children that its ok to make mistakes, they are no less loved because of mistakes, but we don't carry this through to adulthood, why do you think that is?

Do you think it is unrealistic to respond in a positive manner, whilst maintaining the rule of law and ensuring the rest of society are not unfairly compromised?

Its not just in the media, in every day life, the way we interact with other people, our personal relationships, our professional ones, even on here, etc?

In Zambia (I got this off the Natural Child Facebook page) they say there is a tribe, when someone has committed a wrong, they all gather around that person. Acknowledge his mistake. Then spend the rest of the time reminding themselves of all the good deeds he has done.

OT- I didn't want to start another thread, are we allowed to do sub-topics, just wondering what anyone thought of the falling bits of satellite?

Yep..hope you have a great weekend x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->