Ready to try again in August!

Aunt MehMeh

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I'm excited for this new opportunity in August!:happydance: Anyone else with me? About to finally get rid of AF and get back to business in on Wednesday. I'm finally in job with steady hours so I'm going to attempt to track ovulation with temps again. Anyone have experience with that? I feel like there's a "proper" way to go about that. Love to have company in the midst of all this. :boat:

:hi: I always love to see af go (even when I wasn't ttc) and you know you can get started again. I think tracking signs of fertile cm, temping, and using opks if you want are all great methods. It's great that you have steady hours now! Here's some information on temping:

Guidelines from FF:
1. Take your temperature just as you wake up in the morning, before doing anything else.
2. Take your temperature at the same time every morning, or as close to the same time as possible.
3. Take your temperature after a solid few hours of sleep.
4. Take your temperature using a special BBT thermometer.
5. Enter your data on your chart or bedside notepad as soon after taking your temperature as possible.

It's important not to talk, drink, eat, walk around, etc. before taking temp as that may affect it. Your temps before ovulation will be lower and then they will shift to a higher level after ovulation. The websites below are good for tracking this for you and will determine when you have ovulated. I'd suggest monitoring your cm as well because that will help you determine when you might be ovulating.

A couple of good charting sites that you can use to track it and that provide more information and articles:
fertilityfriend.com
ovufriend.com

I've just entered my tww, but I will still be company if wanted. :thumbup: We have a group that you can join with wonderful, supportive women who are at all the stages of their cycles as well. The link is in my signature.

Good luck! :flower:

Hi and welcome to ttc! We've just started ttc #2 but I'm treating the remainder of this cycle more as 'practise' and a chance to get my chart started as I'm not sure when I ov yet. A bfp would be a very unexpected bonus!! Our first full cycle will start in August! Fc for a short time in ttc for both of us :)

WOOP WOOP lets bring on some August bfps ladies! X

I am either about to have AF within the next few days or I am going to test again. I just recently came off depo injection to TTC but have yet to get a single AF and my last injection was in Feb.

But if still no AF here within the next few days and no BFP I guess I will be starting all over again too! I dont know what else to do. My doctor keep telling me its too soon to get AF that it could take up to a year to get it back, so she wont put me on anything to jump start my AF.

Im waiting for af too :( 6 weeks off cerazette and only a slight withdrawal bleed after a week. Really dont want to wait a year! :(

I'd like to join! SO hoping for a BFP in August! I was told that I had PCOS prior to getting pregnant with my first, so I had really irregular cycles. It took us 10 months. The doctor told me that and to try to lose some weight. I did some research online, and I started eating a low carb diet, lost 20 pounds, and was pregnant all in about 6 weeks. I had our son about a month and a half ago. He was stillborn at 39 weeks. Hubby and I are trying for Baby #2 as we are ready to be parents. Doing the low carb diet again. I have lost almost all of the weight I gained while I was pregnant... 9 pounds to go! Haven't had an AF since I had him.. so I'm waiting for either that or a reason to test. Then I will figure out where to go from there!

Thank you so much for that info Hopeful2014. I have a quick read thermometer but I've been just leaving it in my mouth for about 3 minutes before I take my temp..it seems to be more accurate that way. I'll definitely check those sites.

Good luck on your TWW! I hope you get a :bfp::dust: Will this be your first child?

So sorry firsttimemama! I hope this one is healthy!!

I am right with you on that Sarah34! My doc told me that it could take up to a year for me as well, and not to worry until then. But I so don't want to wait!!

I'm so ready now! Lol, I'm doing pretty good with not worrying and patience but that's only because I'm pre-ovulation! The hardest part is the TWW for me. Lol

Hey ladies,

We are trying this month with quite a few odds stacked against us bit still trying to be up beat
Me and my husband are living in different countries at the moment and planning
Tripa around my most fertile time. I was just diagnosed with uterine fibroids very small with the largest at 2cm and 2 very small others.

Therefore I need all the tips I can get.

I am having two health smoothies a day and detoxifying from foods that produce too much estrogen and really working out and cleansing my body.

How much does your temperature rise rise during ovulation and when does it go back down?

My AF is just ending, and I'm tracking temps for the first time, though I've always kept up with CM and other symptoms. July was really tough for me, especially the last week, which entailed nothing but breathing problems (yay asthma, allergies and triggers I couldn't avoid-moderately surprised I didn't end up in the ER) and frustration (yay family I don't see that often). I'm still not fully recovered.

Really hoping August will be the magic month for us and my stress will turn from a negative to a positive.

Good luck, MehMeh, with your tww and everyone else who's giving August a try!

My temp rose .2 of a degrees but I tracked using ovulation kit once and it tied in exactly with my phone prediction kit so everything seems ok. This month our focus is on diet and exercise. Peak ovulation is the 19th.

Okay so how are we doing ladies?!
So I'm experiencing weird things. This is TMI I know but while I usually have some tenderness in my breast pre-AF...I have had pain in my nipples the last few days. It feels like they're sunburned and it hurts for cloth to touch them....they even hurt some without anything touching them. I'm getting shooting pains in my breasts as well.....weird?:shrug:

So if I haven't started tomorrow morning I think I am going to break down and test. I hope I am pregnant otherwise this is just a new annoying thing AF does to torture me. :wacko:

Good luck, MehMeh! Hoping the symptoms are of baby instead of AF!

I just entered my most fertile week, since the last AF was longer than usual this month. Here's hoping!

Also, hubby keeps saying he's shooting for twins (they run in my family). I keep telling him that I'll find a way for him to shoulder some of the discomfort if twins DO happen.

I just entered my most fertile week, since the last AF was longer than usual this month. Here's hoping!

Also, hubby keeps saying he's shooting for twins (they run in my family). I keep telling him that I'll find a way for him to shoulder some of the discomfort if twins DO happen.

******Baby dust!:dust:**** I really hope this is your month!
I'm afraid I'm out. I guess I better get ready for September? Cause so far....:nope::bfn:

******Baby dust!:dust:**** I really hope this is your month!
I'm afraid I'm out. I guess I better get ready for September? Cause so far....:nope::bfn:

Thank you! Hoping September is your month, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->