Real dilema R.E. telling parents!!!!!!!

Hayley_Shaw

Newly pregnant with #3
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Well me and oh decided we would wait till 1st scan to tell family.:coffee:

Well I've found out my aunties new job is in the midwifes department where I have to go before I go to scan.:cry:

Don't know what to do.:cry: Really scared to tell family and the thought that I need to tell them in the next 2 weeks or so is scaring the life out of me. :sad2:

Please please. I need as much help and advise as possible!:sad2:

This is really stressing me out, far too much than I need. (By the way I am 11 weeks tomorrow.)

x

I guess it depends on why you don't want to tell your parents before your scan. I mean, for me...even if something bad happens, (which it has in the past) I want their support to help me through it. I personally think my mom would be upset that I didn't trust her with that information earlier. Up to you though...

Why are you scared to tell your family? Most families are thrilled to find out. It sounds like you are pretty far along and haven't had any problems. I told my family and everyone else at 8 weeks. It was so much fun letting people know.

If your aunt works in the office she legally can't tell anyone that you were in there for a scan (at least that's how it is in the US). And if you do run in to her there, I'd make it very clear that your intention is not to let people know until you and OH are ready. You tell when you feel it's right, not when someone else might jeopardize the news. Best of luck!

I think your safe at 11 weeks, i told my mum straight away i somehow feel as her daughter she should know!! Also i think someone mentioned it before if something went wrong i would want them to know and understand why i was upset

I just would not let this stress me out there going to find out eventually one way or another. And i think considering you already have a child is it really going to be a huge shock? its not like its your 1st!

thats just my opinion good luck whatever you decide
xx

I guess it depends on your relationship with your mum? I will not tell my mum until I've had the scan as I'm not close to her and if anything did go wrong I would not want her to know as she'd keep bringing it up!!!!!!!! She's subtle like that.

HI!! I THINK YOU MAY BE BETTER OFF TELLING THEM BECASUE IT IS OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING THAT UPSETS YOU AND IS CAUSING YOU STRESS THATS NOT GOOD FOR YOU OR BABY,BUT 1 THING FOR SURE THEY WILL WANT TO HEAR IT FROM YOU AND NOT A RELATIVE, HOPE IT GOES WELL FOR YOU xx

We've decided not to tell family until after the 12 week scan too, so I totally understand where you're coming from.
I'm pretty sure your aunt will have had to sign some confidentiality statement in order to work there. You may have to talk to her though, particularly if you see her there, just to make sure she understands that you're not ready to tell people just yet - otherwise she may assume your parents know and accidentally let-slip.

Hi thanks for all the help. And sorry I've been a while replying as I have been away.

The whole thing with my auntie working at the same department isn't that I think she'd tell people, I just don't want it to seem like I've put her in some awkward postion. If you understand.:cry:

I thought it would be easier 2nd time around, but I'm really scared because I don't want to disappoint them again. I'm 21 with a 2years old and 1 on the way. Hardly how my mother or any other mother would want their daughters to do.:cry:

Also, it may sound strange, but I really wanted to be married if we ever had another.

I really want to tell them, but don't know how to get it out. I'm going to do it over the phone as getting over there isn't easy as I don't drive and carting a 2 years old isn't easy.

Hayley.x

Hi Hayley, I'm sure that your aunt wouldnt be able to say anything if she did see you there and if she did bump into you, you could say something at the time to her. You never know, you might not run into her there. I think you should worry about it IF it happens. Best of luck and I hope yr parents are really plsd. They should be !! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->