Real Nappies

Abigailly

Reaction score
I've been meaning to ask about them for ages as I got a 'practise pack' from a customer as a present.

But I don't know how they work, what do you do with them? there is so much info out there about them its almost confusing.

How do they work?
How many do you need roughly?
Are there different types (not brands, ut how they work), sizes etc?
I understand something about liners and colourful bits:blush:, do different liners work in different colourful bits?

I'm clueless:shrug:

hi there could you please elaborate what you mean as in a practise pack, do you know the make, if there are inserts? are all the same colour? do they have liners?
They basically work just like disposables but just that you wash them, some have aplix some poppers.
How many you need depends on how often you intend to wash them, what kind of wetter your child is and how many inserts you will be using.
The different types are all in ones, all in two's, pockets, prefolds to name a few.
colourful liners stop poo going onto your pretty nappies which you will become addicted to, you can also use disposable liners if you don't want to be messing around to much.

If you could describe the ones you have been given then it will help us to find out which you have been given.
Don't worry hun you will soon know what they all do and how they do it. :hugs:

i don't know if it will help you but i have an article linked in my siggy, probably would help if you started with the 'getting started' one, it should give you a better idea of what you have.
any questions though do ask away.

Its a nappy looking thing and a liner. They're called Bambino mias or somthing.

Can you use different liners with different brands?

Ah ok, so there you probably have an outer (the bit that looks like a nappy) and a prefold (the absorbant bit you fold up to put in the outer, sometimes called an insert). You may also have some papery liners, which you put on top of the prefold to catch any poo, then you can just chuck that away.

If you look at littlestar's article, I think that explains about the different types of nappies out there. You get all-in-ones (AIO) where the whole thing is just one part like a disposable; prefolds and wraps like the ones you have; fitteds and wraps which are like a nappy and then a waterproof wrap separately; pocket nappies where the waterproof bit has a pocket in the back to put an absorbant insert in... and lots of hybrids of them! You could probably use the prefold/inserts you have there with other wraps and could fold them up for in a pocket nappy, but you'd have to experiment.

There's a user guide to the Mios here - https://uk.bambino-mio.com/nappysystem/user-guide

I've never used them so don't know how many you'll need, how absorbant they are etc. I do know that they don't generally receive great reviews but that doesn't mean they won't work for you.

^^wss

Mios are ok, i call them a good 'home' nappy simpley because they are a bif of faff and need changing to often for my liking.

There's a great beginners site called www.thenappyline.co.uk. It explains loads and might be nelpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->