Real or chemical pregnancy

Addiejoelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Addie. Yesterday I took 3 pregnancy tests because I was experiencing some pregnancy symptoms. I got a negative test yesterday morning, followed by a faint positive in the afternoon, followed by a darker positive in the evening. Today I got two negative tests and a positive test. I’m taking first response. I am 3 days before a missed period. I don’t know what day past ovulation I am as we’re not currently trying to conceive. I’m assuming I’m 10dpo. Has this happened to anyone? What was the outcome? Is it normal to get inconsistent test results prior to a missed period if experiencing a viable pregnancy? This has happened a couple of times before to me and it ended up being chemical pregnancies. Not sure why I keep having chemicals, if that’s what this is. I’m trying to upload a picture of my test but it says the file is too large? Anyone know how to post a picture successfully? Thanks in advance for your replies. :)

Hi some times if you crop the picture and make it a little bit smaller it will allow you to upload.

I hope it is your bfp.

Thank you for the advice, it worked! This is one of my positive tests. Faint but pink and apparent in person. I don’t need to put it under the light to see. As I said in my original post, my tests keep coming back negative and positive. I’m assuming it’s chemical. Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

35D6D689-E62E-4511-A17B-3774C520908B.jpeg

I can definitely see that, fingers crossed it is the start of your BFP.

I’m glad someone else can see it! I’m feeling like it’s chemical because my tests and back and forth positive and negative. Has this happened to you? Is it likely because I’m so early on that the hormone isn’t always present or is this classic chemical?

Good Amor info. My test was a clear negative today. I don’t see how you go from a positive two days ago to negatives since and have it be viable, even if I am 2-3 days before my period. I guess it was a chemical. My breasts are really sore today so I’m assuming that’s due to my cycle about to start.

Anyone have this same situation and it end up being viable?

Good Amor info. My test was a clear negative today. I don’t see how you go from a positive two days ago to negatives since and have it be viable, even if I am 2-3 days before my period. I guess it was a chemical. My breasts are really sore today so I’m assuming that’s due to my cycle about to start.

Anyone have this same situation and it end up being viable?
Oops that was supposed to say good morning. Autocorrect! :)

Just took another test since my first morning tests, even with my twins this early on are usually negative and this one is a faint positive. Not dark like two days ago so still not convinced it’s not chemical. Any thoughts?

Here’s a picture. Unlike the first test I altered the color of this one so you could see it in a picture. Has this happened to anyone, the back and forth positive negative before a missed period and all was ok?

41223290-1732-470E-A008-912B1D5D936C.jpeg

I just had this happen to me and it was faulty tests. I got like 4 that were positive and the rest were bfn. They kept switching back and forth too - I’d get positive, negative, negative, positive, negative etc etc. Turns out I had a wonky cycle and hadn’t even ovulated yet. I had one faint positive on an frer and the rest were cheapies.

I was skeptical because for my viable pregnancies the lines always darkened up within a few hours. I’ve never had the bouncing back and forth before. Hoping you have a better outcome!

Here’s are some of the false positives I got. So crazy!

DC87C75D-5EB2-474E-A4C2-9B5EFCBB0770.jpeg E3DFE55D-0796-4C2D-9709-4E632707379E.jpeg

Thanks for sharing your experience and the pictures of your tests. So frustrating to go back and forth like that. I’m using first response tests. The lines were pretty dark two days ago and came up within 3 minute then just went away by the following afternoon. Now I got a faint line today. The last time this happened to me I went to the doctor for bloodwork and confirmed pregnancy but the levels were really low and it ended up ending within the week. I’m assuming it’s the same thing this time but was wondering if anyone had this happen and it was viable.

I'm sorry Im late to this, I just saw your question to me on the other thread.
I replied:
(I'm so sorry I've just seen this. How are you doing? My tests didn't go between positive/negative....they were maybe a bit slow to darker or they did darken ok but I started bleeding.
Your changes in darkness may just be due to concentration of your urine? it can vary a lot in the very early testing. HCG doubles every 48 hours or something like that so you sometimes wont see a huge diffference if you test between this.)

I'd like to add that Frer are not very reliable these days, there have been a lot of ladies on here getting faint false lines and weird results. I can't even recommend any decent tests as none seem to be reliable. But I do suggest having a couple of different brands that way you can always compare - or if you have the willpower - don't test early! (easier said than done :haha:) good luck xx

I'm sorry Im late to this, I just saw your question to me on the other thread.
I replied:
(I'm so sorry I've just seen this. How are you doing? My tests didn't go between positive/negative....they were maybe a bit slow to darker or they did darken ok but I started bleeding.
Your changes in darkness may just be due to concentration of your urine? it can vary a lot in the very early testing. HCG doubles every 48 hours or something like that so you sometimes wont see a huge diffference if you test between this.)

I'd like to add that Frer are not very reliable these days, there have been a lot of ladies on here getting faint false lines and weird results. I can't even recommend any decent tests as none seem to be reliable. But I do suggest having a couple of different brands that way you can always compare - or if you have the willpower - don't test early! (easier said than done :haha:) good luck xx
Thank you. My tests have gone negative so I’m confident that it’s chemical. I agree, testing early is the worst. So hard not to but really no point in doing it. Just causes stress.

Thank you! I got another faint positive today. Digital negative. No idea what’s going on. I’ll go for bloodwork next week. Here’s today’s test. Someone just said first response often gives faint lines even if you aren’t pregnant though. That would be frustrating.

4A956970-095F-418B-A249-EC92A425EE0B.jpeg

Thank you! I got another faint positive today. Digital negative. No idea what’s going on. I’ll go for bloodwork next week. Here’s today’s test. Someone just said first response often gives faint lines even if you aren’t pregnant though. That would be frustrating.

View attachment 1101725

they're not the best tests like they used to be but that does look like a proper line so good luck :)

Just had this happen to me last month using FRER. I got 9 faint positives and I was never pregnant!! I will not use FRER again.

How do you know you were not pregnant? Did you go for blood work right after the first positive test? My doctor said to come in right away otherwise if you wait the levels can drop if it’s chemical before you detect it on blood test. I won’t use first response again either. If I think I’m pregnant again I’ll wait until a digital can pick it up.

Did the :witch: show up hun? There is definitely a faint line on those tests.

Nope. I had brown spotting two days ago but it hasn’t started. Tests negative though now. So confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->