Real tree or artificial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
As the title says and why?

I'm thinking of going real this year but LO will only just be a year. She will most likely be crawling and maybe even toddling, will the pine needles be to much?

I was going to buy one of the ones that don't drop as much but have been told they are still pretty bad?

I go with artificial. No matter what type of real tree we've had the needles have gotten everywhere. And also I need DH to take his truck to get the tree and he never is as crazy about Christmas as I am and if it's up to him we won't get a real tree until the day before Christmas. I like to set one up as early as possible and with an artificial I can do that. :)

I have always had artificial, dad was allergic to real Christmas trees so for me it is just the norm. Plus with my OCD cleaning streak I think I would be freaking out with all the pine needles!

Artificial for us as we are allergic to real ones. i'm not to keen on cleaning up all those spills either.

We used to have artificial but I now love real trees!! We found a barn that does a few varieties and mostly the needles haven't fallen off till we take it down in the new year!

Though if we do go back to artificial it'll be the prelit version as it's the bain of my life to put lights on the tree!!

Real tree here. We never have a problem with dropped needles until it's being taken down and manhandled out the back door.

Our tree is very fresh though. We get it from somewhere where you walk round a field, pick the tree you want and then cut it down.

I love the real Christmas tree smell. It's just a huge part of Christmas to me.

We have an artificial tree. My parents just gave us their huge tree this year and a ton of decorations. I just can't wait to put it all up, it's going to look great!

We normally have artificial but after years of bugging dh this year we're getting a real one. My parents always have rwal and the pines never drop till they're moving it out after Christmas.

I love a real tree, and normally we always have a real one. This year though, we'll be having an artificial tree. DD is cruising everywhere now so is likely to be walking at Christmas, I think we're going to have enough trouble with an artificial tree let alone a real one! Haha.

Artificial!! I love my tree it's huge my grandmother gave it to me it's massive can't wait to put it up

I have an artificial tree. I'm not fond of real trees, I don't like the smell and they're usually a weird shape because they're still small. We had one once when I was a teenager and it shed like a bitch but I believe you can do certain things to keep it intact, leaving it outside for a night or something?

What are you all doing to your trees ?! lol. I have always had real trees and never had needles everywhere.. maybe it's the type, We do actually have an artificial tree but it's just not the same.... So going back to real this year! nothing better than going out and picking the tree, getting it home and realising it's 3 foot too tall for your living room :haha: It's tradition :p

Always a real tree, it wouldn't be Christmas for me without the tree smell. Ours have also never shed that much until taking it out afterwards.

We'd love to have a real tree but we hate the fact all of them have their roots cut off. If we can find a potted tree this year we'll have it but most years it's artificial for us. I don't mind needle droppings though!

What are you all doing to your trees ?! lol. I have always had real trees and never had needles everywhere.. maybe it's the type, We do actually have an artificial tree but it's just not the same.... So going back to real this year! nothing better than going out and picking the tree, getting it home and realising it's 3 foot too tall for your living room :haha: It's tradition :p

There is something about viewing them in a big barn that makes them so much smaller! I swear they grow in the car trip home!! :haha:

We had one once that literally was trying to burst out the window, was overtaking the coffee table at the same time and completely obliterated the TV when sitting in the armchair! Despite hubby saying 'no completely the right size!!'

(This one also fell on me when the stand broke and I was trying to put the lights on...on my own...10 minutes before i had to be at work...whilst still in just my dressing gown!!!!! :rofl: )

This was our beast that fell on me!! :haha:

Attachments

• IMG_70211954886419.jpg
    IMG_70211954886419.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 14
OMG that's a beast, but sooo beautiful! Yes they must grow in the car :haha:

I can always remember my parents in the backgarden cutting off the bottom of the tree with a saw.. at least 3/4 times.

I have carried that "tradition" on haha.

This year I am going to do something sensible and i can't believe it hasn't occurred to me sooner; i'm taking a tape measure :dohh:

We always have the grow in the car issue as well. We now don't get a tree that's wider or taller than OH after the year that we got it in the stand, lights on, most of the decs on and then realised that we couldn't get the topper on. Cue taking it all off to chop a bit off the bottom!

This was our beast that fell on me!! :haha:

I want a real one like this its so beautiful MrsMandy:happydance: lol
Ladies where do you go to buy these fabulous real Xmas trees from?
As the ones I have seen from supermarkets and garden centres are all small
I would love to go and pick one myself to be cut down but wouldn't know where to start looking!!

Real for us, when I was growing up we always had a real tree, huge and as we had massive ceilings. We used to live in a massive house and my mum used to take the dining table out of the top of the living room and the tree used to sit in the middle of there it was magical.

I forget our house is smaller, about four years ago I fell in love with this tree that I was convinced was the right size, we got it off the car and although our house sits slightly lower than the path when we stood it up it was as tall as the roof!!! We managed to get it inside and our hallway, the ceiling actually goes as high as the loft floor/ceiling if you know what I mean and it hit the ceiling!!!! :haha:

We fell about laughing as did not know what to do. We managed to chop about the extra 8 foot off the top and get it into the dining room I will never forget hubby cutting the string and it springing out like on National Lampoons Christmas vacation!

It was the most beautiful tree we ever had but was so wide it actually touched both side walls in the dining room! I have never made that mistake again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"