Really bad allergies, what should I do?

seabump

Reaction score
I have severe allergies and stopped taking Allegra once I found out we were expecting. I am 5.5 weeks right now and sneezing every few minutes. I am afraid the medication is going to hurt the baby, I'm trying my best to eat organic and healthy. However I'm afraid my excessive sneezing might be worse for the baby. I don't know what to do. Anyone else have this experience? What do you guys recommend?

I have pretty bad allergies but they aren't every day and some are better than others. Generally the worst time for me is in the morning. I manage fine with the sneezing as I know it won't harm the baby, although it will probably make you pee yourself as you get further along. As I don't know how bad your allergies are, or how you go around with coping with them I can't really say what to do for you. Its like pain thresholds, and we can tolerate a different amount. If you are that worried about it talk to a health professional and see if there is any allergy medication you can take whilst pregnant.

my midwife told me to always try and not take medicines for anything unless its a serious healthy condition that i develop. i sneeze daily and have been since conception. its not a big deal but if its getting in the way of your daily routine, id get advice from a doctor/midwife before starting up a new medication because some are definitely not for pregnancy but easily available OTC!

I have pretty bad allergies as well along with asthma and was taking medication before I found out I was pregnant. The one I was taking was not suitable for pregnancy but the midwife did say that there are options for allergy medication in pregnancy but just not to take any of the over the counter stuff. Luckily with the right asthma medication my allergies are tolerable, I do sneeze a lot but it seems to be calming down as I've gotten further along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->