Really bad cramps

M

Momy91

Yesterday and today I had severe cramps. It started yesterday afternoon and they're getting worse. This morning it seemed they were gone and I ate some yoghurt. After I did that it started again, they were very painful and I ended up taking a shower for about 30 minutes... I really can't eat and I just drank some tea. Are these "just" cramps or could this be the real thing? I really hope not I'm only 29 weeks. I don't want anyone to panic so that's why I'm asking you first. Should I call my mw?

:hugs:

hmm it is a little early hun! could it jus be baby beginnin in engage a little early??

xx

im not sure to be honest but over last couple of days ive been getting simular feelings too. well they start during the night and last all night and a bit in the morning aswell but i dont know what they are!

but i def think if your worried ring your mid wife. thats what they are there for - all our worries. hope everythin is ok :) xxx

I would drink 4-6 glasses of water and lay down. you could be dehydrated. Dehydration can cause cramps, contractions and preterm. To be safe get the fluids in if it doesn't work call the doctor. You could have an infection, or like they said.. baby could have moved or engaged. Hugs

Thanks :hugs: I hope it is something like that... I will try the water thing and if it doesn't work, I'll call my mw

:hug:

I had really bad cramps at 27 weeks, and also serious back spasms. I also just didn't feel right. Nauseous and a headache as well. And this started early evening (8:30pm) ... and continued until I went to bed (11:30pm). It wouldn't stop after an hour so I got up and walked around and drank a couple of bottles of water thinking that might help. I was really worried after a couple more hours. So I rang my gf who is a registered nurse and she told me to wake up the hubby (3:30am) and go to the hospital just to be safe. That they could monitor me and LO, and make sure everything was okay.

I did... and all was good. Turned out to be braxton hicks.

When in doubt or worried, go to your local labour/delivery ward and have them put you on the stress monitor to be safe. Ask questions when you are there with the doctor. It will ease your mind. If there is anything wrong, they will be able to tell you. IE: infection

But like another mentioned, drink lots of fluids and see how it goes after a couple of hours.

Good luck.

I suffered badly with cramps/tightenings/braxton hicks when I was about 30wks and was kept in overnight at about 32wks because they were showing up as contractions on the ctg and making my whole stomach change shape (which apparently, BH shouldn't do?).

In the end, the Dr told me that unless they are less than 20mins apart and are quite painful, it's pretty much normal. I also believe that the constant crampy feeling is pretty normal too seeing how many girls on here mention it.

But like others have said, if you're ever worried then your delivery suite shouldn't mind monitoring you for a while to check everything's ok.. at the end of the day, they'd rather have you in for 100 false alarms than risk you going into preterm labour xx :hugs:

I called my mw and she said it was pretty normal so now I'm just so glad nothing serious is going on. Thank you for your advice :hugs:

(and officially unable to button up my jacket now... agh!)

So glad all is well. I am happy you called in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->