Really concerned!! Advice needed please!

glowworm00

Reaction score
Hi, we have decided to try for a baby and therefore went for my first smear test just to make sure all is ok down below! She inserted the speculum but had to change it for a smaller one and im concerned why this is! Also i am bleeding a little! Should i be concerned?

Eveyone is built different, so I wouldn't be concerned about the speculum size. Bleeding after a pap is completely normal, as they insert the test instrument into the cervix. If you're concerned, call your doc and I'm sure she will reassure you all is normal. :)

hmmm... she didn't say anything about it being bad, right? i would think that if there was a problem she would have told you, i guess maybe you just have a small vagina. if you are concerned, maybe you could just call her up and ask her about it...

I have never worried about it before but now we have decided to try for a baby i just want everything to be fine!

dont worry hun, I always have to have the small speculum an i've had 2 kids before!! lol.

I usually do bleed a little after the test too, its nothing to worry about hun - especially the small thing, like i said I've given birth twice one of which was 9 and a half pounds and it was no bother. :)

I have woke up this Morning and am still bleeding but only a little! Is this normal?

i think its normal i had an scan once internal and was spotting on and off for few daysx, phone them if ur worried x

Yes I will give it until I finish work and then call them! Thanks

They usually have to use the smaller one on me also. My doctor was a teaching doctor so she explained it to her student that she had to use the smaller one on me because I haven't had kids yet.

That's ok then! Like everyone says everyone is different so I'm going to try not to worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->