Really High Baby...?

Pole Kitten

Reaction score
Ok so I went in last Thursday to have his position checked as the midwife thought his head had disengaged and off to one side. The scan showed his head was down but it was quite loose that he was no longer engaged (he was 2/5 to 3/5 throughout December and January). My personal thought is that, due to such a lack of parking and appointments all over the place, I was walking for over an hour before the scan and I think he just turned head down because of that...

I'm now nearly 39wks and the baby is right up under my ribs! He's still kicking on my top left and has had his feet there for over a month but the last couple of days he's had his legs and knees up there too. There's little pressure down below and I can't feel his head down there but the whole top of my bump is hard and wriggly!

I'm not sure what to do, my next appointment isn't until 40wks but I don't want to call the assessment centre or spend a whole day there again just to be told he's still got his head down. :shrug:

This happened to me. Although my LO didnt actually engage at all. At 40 weeks my consultant examined me and said my baby new nothing about labour as she was soo far up.

He advised me that I could be induced but the likely hood of natural delivery was about 10%. In the end I opted for a section. They even needed to use forceps during the section, thats how high up she was!

Just go in and speak to someone about all your options.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->