Really not keen on my midwife

xsadiex

Reaction score
Firstly she is really weird, like she is possibly going a bit mad? She's quite old too.

Last app baby was lying transverse and I was measuring small.
I was also measuring a few weeks behind today.
I asked her what position the baby was lying in and she said 'not sure' she didn't even bother feeling. I often feel like she's not telling me things, or forgets to do things.
Then she was like 'you're feeling movements' I said 'yes loads'
'ok well if you don't, be concerned and ring'

:wacko:
What does that mean? I never feel at ease after seeing her. Hmm.

If any of you remember me from second tri, she also made me believe I had HIV and didn't explain the situation properly or bother to comfort me. (blood test came back weird, but she didn't help me understand)

I hope to god she's not at the birth, I don't feel safe in her hands :cry:

Luckily my friend who is studying to be a doctor has just finished learning about pregnancy and birth so she's coming over tonight to have a feel of my stomach :)

I have tried ringing the number you ring to change but they never answer so I thought 'i'll give her a second chance', i don't want to make it awkward what if she's the community midwife which comes to my homebirth!!!!!!

sorry to hijack your thread.. but is it possible to change MW and how do you go about it

Well, this is just my opinion.. I would not worry about offending anyone. This is all about you being comfortable. I know if I had not been comfortable with either of my midwives I would have asked to change to someone else. If you feel uneasy about anything with her, she is not the right midwife for you. I would suggest calling that number again, as often as possible. I would hate for you to have to give birth with someone who makes you feel unsafe. Good luck with your birth, dear.

I changed MW....I wasn't happy with the attention I was getting from my original. Lack of communication...blood tests done wrong...

I phoned the maternity day care of my hospital, they gave me the number of the centre that manages the community MW's I phoned them explained I wasn't overly impressed and they assigned me a new MW and she sees me at home now as shes attacehd to a different doctors surgery than mine...

Soooooo glad I changed, vast improvement...gives me loads of info and doesn't treat me like 'just another number'...

If its any comfort ... In my last 2 pregnancies I had same patronising midwife. She just had one of those voices that go badly with hormonal mood swings. Used to mention nookie frequently towards end to bring on labour ... Despite knowing I was on my own... Anyway didn't see her at all thru either labour ... Thank goodness.

your more than within your rights to change if you can..ive never changed myself but i dont see why you couldnt persuming there is more than one midwife

Consider changing mine last week when she said she couldnt find his head!

I doubt she will be a the birth with DD my mw wasnt at the birth. ITs what ever MW is on when u go hospital. But to say she was there u would just av to say u dont want her there

I did not like my midwife so I called the community midwife number and asked to change her. my last midwife was not at my birth and only saw her when i had my first LO the day after i came out of hospital.

you really need to feel comfortable with her so its not too late to change. as when i called and asked to be changed the woman on the phone said to me " not every body gets on and you need to feel happy with your midwife"

good luck

In my area you can see a midwife at the hospital on a saturday morning (for people who can't make it in the week). I didn't know about this until my midwife told me. Perhaps you can look for an alternative like that...that way, you don't have to officially change your midwife but can avoid seeing her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->