REALLY painful anus :( 4 weeks after giving birth

Loubpop

Reaction score
HELLLLPPPP!!

My anus is SOOOOOO painful :cry:

I had a poo on thursday and it wasnt huge but was a little bit harder than normal. Afterwards there was blood and it was a bit sore. But as the day went on, it got more and more sore round my anus. I went to bed uncomfy. When I woke up later to feed LO, the pain had gone. It came back again the next day after I went for another poo. The pain lasts for AGES after. Its not itchy, just really really painful. Anyone know what this is?

I think I am going to beg the doc for an appointment tomorrow, what can I do in the meantime?

HEEELLLPPPPP!!

:-k Hmmm .. as first I was going to say hemmorhoids, but usually there is loads of itching that comes with it. I had horrible hemmorhoids after I had Brenna, so I know how you feel ... it feels like you're going to go insane because of the pain! :hugs: I would definitely get seen by a doctor as soon as possible, especially since there is blood hun, just to be sure! If it is hemmorhoids, definitely invest in some preperation H suppositories & cream ... I swear by them! If taking a poo is hurting you, perhaps the doctor could prescribe you some stool softeners until the hemmorhoids shrink up & go internal again? I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

You sound like you have what I have = anal fissures.Google them. I stil have mine 12 weeks after getting them...they hurt so much...put sudo cream on your butt at night x

You might have anal fissures it's a small tear that sometimes heals and then reopens when you go to the toilet, they're so painful :( you could go get some glycerin suppositories to use if you are constipated but if not and your poo is just hard you could get the doctor to prescribe you a stool softener (i've been on lactulose since pregnancy) and that should help until they heal. If you need relief now and can't get an appointment for a while you can buy dulcoease from a chemist or supermarket. Sudocrem should help the pain especially if it's cool.

They might want to examine you to see if it's piles or an anal fissure but they can give you some cream to accelerate healing or numb the area before you go to the toilet. I'd drink lots of water and up your fruit and veg intake. Hope it gets better soon for you x

I have hemmorhoids and they are painful, but usually consist of really hard lumps protruding from the anus! I didn't get itchiness particularly with mine, so I just thought it could be the case? or like others suggest anal fissures but I dont know alot about that. I'm sure whatever it is will clear up, pregnancy really takes its toll on us poor mums, I'm four weeks pp & stil hsving probs! probably best you get a good stool.softener from the GP too if they feel too hard, helped alot in the beginning for me!

Are you BF? I've had a fissure (I think, never confirmed) that comes and goes since giving birth, and I think the BF makes me dehydrated. Drink plenty of water! It heals but can get worse again, in my experience.

Hiya,

No im not BF, but I really dont drink enough water. I got some supposiorties (sp?!) from the doc and it is SOOOOO much better now!

Thanks for the replies :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->