Really strange goings on, any advice please?

WinterSun

TTC #3
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had an early miscarriage at the beginning of Jan. I ovulated again about the 31st of Jan - 4th Feb and I should be due af around 18th Feb.

Now I know after a miscarriage our cycles are all messed up :( Its just that right now I am having some real strange spotting and I am not sure if its AF coming or is what should be my af?

Its not making it on to a panty liner its only when I wipe and its internal, sorry for the TMI. Its really, really dark brown and even a little stringy. I NEVER usually spot before an AF, I just go straight into flow :(

I know to expect things to be a bit crazy but can anyone else relate to this? I have no idea what is going on. Sometimes I will have what I think is AF cramps but then they stop suddenly and there is nothing. The spotting started yesterday morning and is even tapering off now, unless I find it internally, sorry again for tmi. Could I really be having only a day long af? Or do you think its going to hit me in a few days?

So confused. Thank you for any help x

My cycle has been totally messed up since my miscarriage on Nov. 30th. I had some spotting only when wiping back in January. It was brown, stringy stuff too. It was never enough to be considered a period. Then Jan. 29th - Feb 7th I had what I think was my first period, but again it started off with very light spotting when wiping, then enough to wear a liner but still very light, only got heavier when I exercised but would go back to being very light straight after, then a few more days of lighter and lighter spotting. It was mostly brown with the occasional bits of brownish red and one tiny bit of bright red at the end. I'm really hopeful that was finally my period, because I had some cramping on the 11th and 12th, which was two weeks after the start of what I thought was my period, so maybe I finally ovulated. I've never used opks or anything like that and have never paid attention to my cm, so it's all new to me. I know a lot of women say their first period is heavier and more painful than usual, but I've heard several say their first period was lighter and shorter. Mine was lighter and longer. Brown, stringy stuff and spotting when wiping is very common from what I've heard other women say. That could be all you get or it could just be gearing up. It sucks, but you just have to wait and see.

My cycle has been totally messed up since my miscarriage on Nov. 30th. I had some spotting only when wiping back in January. It was brown, stringy stuff too. It was never enough to be considered a period. Then Jan. 29th - Feb 7th I had what I think was my first period, but again it started off with very light spotting when wiping, then enough to wear a liner but still very light, only got heavier when I exercised but would go back to being very light straight after, then a few more days of lighter and lighter spotting. It was mostly brown with the occasional bits of brownish red and one tiny bit of bright red at the end. I'm really hopeful that was finally my period, because I had some cramping on the 11th and 12th, which was two weeks after the start of what I thought was my period, so maybe I finally ovulated. I've never used opks or anything like that and have never paid attention to my cm, so it's all new to me. I know a lot of women say their first period is heavier and more painful than usual, but I've heard several say their first period was lighter and shorter. Mine was lighter and longer. Brown, stringy stuff and spotting when wiping is very common from what I've heard other women say. That could be all you get or it could just be gearing up. It sucks, but you just have to wait and see.

Thank you for that, I am so sorry for your loss to :hugs:

This is so unfair huh. Not only did we have to go through a loss but the after effects just keep the turmoil and upset coming! Grrr!

That was one of the worst parts for me -- all the waiting and my body being out of whack. Until you feel like you have a normal period and everything's working properly again, it's really hard to move on. Hang in there, though! It'll get sorted out eventually. If anything, my miscarriage has taught me to practice patience. *hugs*

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

Have you confirmed that your hcg is back to zero yet? I thought I was starting my AF on Friday, but it turned out to be more miscarriage bleeding a month later. :( Your bleeding sounds similar to mine, internal and brown and stringy (TMI!) though I did have some red blood later on too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->