Really Stuck with 'unwrapping presents' for my boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi Ladies Im really stuck this year.

I usually go made at xmas and birthdays and between my boys it feels like we have every toy going.

we have got/had play kitchens, garages, train sets, rocket ships, playmobil, happyland, puzzles, arts and crafts, board games, innotab etc...

But realistically my boys are not that into toys :wacko:

my oldests 4th birthday is coming up and i had a nice list planned but when i actually sat down and thought about it.... a lot of it was pointless buys and ive scratched a lot of.... We are taking them to Butlins for 7 nights (we get back the day before his actual birthday). and ive brought him a few super hero bits to unwrap but id like to get a few more things so hes got a little pile to actually unwrap.

MIL is getting him a years membership for a nice wildlife park and I was thinking of getting a hertiage card as he loves castles etc.... but again they arnt really unwrappy presents.

at the same time I dont wanna just buy stuff for the sake of it

He LOVES music and goes to a music class - He already has a proper drum kit :ignore::ignore::ignore: I play Piano so we already have one of these. he did want a violin and a trombone but like i previously said... not suitable for his age. some ladies said how about a ukulele which I think may be a good plan.

Hes also been asking for a certain (hideous) pair of trainers but at £80 and covered in tiger fur (and tail!) I think thats a bit much for a 4 year old who spends alot of time at preschool and forest school and is normally head to toe in mud.

well as for my youngest we still have all the toys from my oldest which are still in fantastic condition so i begrudge getting rid of them and rebuying the 'newer' models which is reality ,are just different colours lol

I was thinking about getting my 2 a cheap CD player for their bedroom as they enjoy 'proper' music as well as stuff aimed at young kids. Maybe that's something your eldest might like?

I was thinking about getting my 2 a cheap CD player for their bedroom as they enjoy 'proper' music as well as stuff aimed at young kids. Maybe that's something your eldest might like?

we thought of this too but he plays all his music on his innotab so we have gotten him the speakers for his innotab

I wouldn't underestimate a young musician. I'd say go ahead with a violin if it is something he wants. Have you not seen the video of the 4yo violinist?

If he loves being outdoors, how about something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kids-Garde...f=sr_1_3?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1410435971&sr=1-3

How fantastic that he is into music :cloud9: what about a glockenspiel? I used to love mine very easy to play and which teach him his notes/cords without his little fingers struggling with piano keys, what a lovely mum you are :thumbup:

I came across this on Amazon just now. It looks pretty cool for a child but as a parent you may be demented by it come Boxing Day!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004V9H...TF8&colid=3AXJDVNVAORXL&coliid=I1BT4A94C45P4Q

What about an art farm or worm farm? Or a microscope so he can look at creatures?

I'd get things like tickets to shows, memberships to things they like etc. As you've already mentioned you're going to do. Then instead of the unwrapping I'd do like a scavenger hunt for them to find the envelopes.

If you Google Christmas present scavenger hunt you'll see what I mean.

Toptrump - thanks :cloud9: and yes a bug farm is a fantastic idea - my son goes to forest school with his preschool each week and today they were telling me about how he loved finding frogs and letting them walk on his hands etc... Im going to book him into a couple of days of the forest school holiday club for the week after his birthday too. they were very positive about his outdoors skills

Kiddo - That looks good but I dont really understand it - do they just blow into one of them? because not sure if that would confuse him as you dont blow into a trombone

baby bell - we have gotten lots of these sets but hes not really interested in them any more - again at forest school they teach them how to use tools such as hack saws, craving knifes etc... so hes moved on to more scarier tools (scary for me :rofl: )

definetly going to look into the bug home :thumbup:

Do you have a garden could you buy him things to build a bug hotel. We do them at forest school and my lo loves them.

I think you just hum into them. I've only seen that Amazon page but it looks to me like a regular kazoo with the trombone bit attached. I don't think it has a trombone style mouthpiece or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"