Really want #3 but oh doesn't :(

JWandBump

Reaction score
Hello everyone, bit of background me and OH have been together for almost 6 years. I'm 22, he's 23. We have a almost 3year old beautiful girl and a gorgeous 8 month old son.

Everything is perfect, we so lucky to have two children especially one of each. OH says he's done now, doesn't want anymore. I'm dying for just one more baby, I get so upset thinking that we won't have any more :( I don't wanna ruin what we have but I don't feel like my family's completed yet. I don't mean I want one right this second, just in the future at so e point. Maybe after we've married :/

Anyone is a similar situation? I just don't know what to do :( x

:hugs:

Have you tried telling him that you're not talking right this minute?

When I first started bringing up #2 to DH he was a bit panicky about the whole thing but after we managed to put the arguments and nagging aside I was able to explain that I didn't mean starting right now with the intention of giving birth 9 months later and that seemed to calm him down a little bit.

I hope you and your OH manage to come to an agreement :hugs:

I may very well be in your shoes in a couple years. We are due to start trying for #2 in May and I want three regardless of the sex of this next baby. Hubby wants to stop there if the next one is a girl but hasn't shot me down about 3, just gets a worried look on his face lol. Time will tell.

I'm in a similar position. We've agreed to stop at 2, but OH knows I would like a 3rd. Unless something massive changes, or we have twins, we'll be stopping at 2. I'm mostly ok with this as I understand the logical reasons...but I do still think about a 3rd from time to time.

For a while there it seemed like my OH wasn't going to budge on a third either as he originally just wanted two children. I told him how I felt though and explained that I don't think my family would ever feel complete with just two and that I wasn't sure our relationship could work if we weren't on the same page about how many children we wanted. He thought about it some more and told me that he would also like a third child, but he has conditions that need to be fully met before we had a third and I agreed to his terms. Maybe try asking your OH if he has any conditions that he would like met in regards to a third child and he might come around to the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->