Really?!?!

BrandysBabies

Cautiously Expecting #4!
Reaction score
So my husband was being all mushy gushy tonight and came up and wrapped his arms around me and say, "Did you know you're prettier when you're pregnant?" Really?!?! What the hell!! Here I am feeling like dog poop and he says something like this?? I know what he meant but the way he said it made me think, as opposed to when im not pregnant?!? MEN!!

Men, what can we do with them? I'm sure he just meant it to make you feel a little better and didn't realise how it sounded. My hubby has done that a few times since I became pregnant, but I still appreciate that he tried.

Hahaha! My Dad came out with this gem to my mother. "You know, you used to be my trophey wife, now you are just my best friend". He has never lived that one down.

In a manly way - that's so cute, he's probably trying to make you feel better x

Hahah how cute! Probably because you have bigger boobs now lol

My OH said the same to me. Hes not one to really compliment. Yet he said my whole complexion changes when Im pregnant and I look really healthy and pretty etc.

Ummm... I dont feel healthy, I spend most days being sick then by the time he comes home from work Im really bloated. My face has broke out in spots.

Think hes just trying to make me feel better as he knows ive looked better haha

Least theyre trying! x

Ha! Yes, I understand why that sounds like a back-handed compliment, but I do think he meant it in a good way.

My DH told me after our first son was born that he thought I looked so beautiful while I was in early labour just walking laps around the halls of the maternity ward. Uh, it was the middle of the night, I was in a huge t-shirt and sweatpants, I had on zero make-up and I really don't remember what my hair looked like, but I'm sure it was nothing to write home about. I think there's just something about us carrying their babies for them that they find really attractive. Not necessarily sexy, mind you, but beautiful and attractive. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->