Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

As for from birth, just check you dont need to have an infant carrier for the hospital as many say you do.

I was wondering about this actually as we don't plan to use an infact seat at all this time round. I'd love to see them try to stop me taking my baby home though. And what happens if somebody isn't using a car to get home? I might have to ask the midwife at my next appointment!

As for from birth, just check you dont need to have an infant carrier for the hospital as many say you do.

I was wondering about this actually as we don't plan to use an infact seat at all this time round. I'd love to see them try to stop me taking my baby home though. And what happens if somebody isn't using a car to get home? I might have to ask the midwife at my next appointment!

When I had P I walked out with him wrapped up in a moby, not a single person asked how we were getting home, if we had an infant carrier, or any car seat (or car) at all.

I'm sure most are fine I've just heard horror stories!!

Well I didn't get to order my seat when I said I was going to because some other expenses came up so planned to today but my sister went a bit mad getting bbq food and left me £5 short :dohh:. Today's money went in about 10 minutes ago and I've finally ordered it before anything else can come up :happydance:
I got the Duologic 1 instead of 2 because realistically how much am I going to be able to carry my already very heavy 9 month old and where I live I wouldn't be able to use the wheels on it so seemed a bit pointless and I saved myself £100 :D
I can't believe how excited I am :blush:
Thanks for all your help :flower:

Yay!! That's brilliant. I really hope you like the DuoLogic, I love it :D Nice and easy to install too :) Though I should mention - on carseat.se you'll find the instructions in English. Either print them out, or take notes from there, as the instructions in with the seat are about 6 languages, but not English! Or at least, that was the case when I got mine :rofl:

Hi there - I have a question please re ERF car seats. Our car is quite old (1998) and I was wondering - do the ERF car seats that use seatbelts to secure it all fit older cars (in that the seat belts are long enough)? I only ask because we had a Land Rover Discovery and the rear seat belts weren't long enough for our original car seat and she had to go in the front when we used that vehicle (which wasn't very often). Thank you.

I have the hi-way which uses the seatbelt to fit, it doesnt go round the back like infant carriers so is no longer than a normal person getting in and strapping themselves! They have teather straps instead which you use.

Ah thanks pinkclaire - our nearest stockist of ERFs is a 6 hour round trip so we would have to order one from the internet and I didn't want one to arrive, for it not to fit after all that!

I think quite a lot are similar fitting, look at the installation videos on carseat.se that might help you to see which ones would be suitable?

Yes we have the multi way and like Claire said it only goes like it would for a person sitting in the seat :) x

Most seats have guides for what cars they should fit too. It might be worth ringing round any shops that stock the seat you're looking at and seeing if they've ever fitted one to a car like yours. Some of the guides say that a seat will offficially fit but then the front seat might be rendered useless, so it's probably better to ask if you can.

has anyone ever installed tether loops to their car? is it easy to do or is it something i would need to get a garage to do and would they do it?

thanks in advance if anyone has any answers! x

Anybody know if you can try/buy the britax hi way II in the uk?

As far as i'm aware the only Hi Way i could find was the first Hi Way not the Hi Way II as i wanted. That's why i purchased from Sweden and because Haken was very helpful for me :thumbup:. I just can't wait to receive it, i keep checking the postal tracker!

Anybody know if you can try/buy the britax hi way II in the uk?

As far as i'm aware the only Hi Way i could find was the first Hi Way not the Hi Way II as i wanted. That's why i purchased from Sweden and because Haken was very helpful for me :thumbup:. I just can't wait to receive it, i keep checking the postal tracker!

Can i ask how much it cost you in total? Including delivery

I paid in Euros, i still can't tell exactly how much it was yet as my statement hasn't come through but I'm guessing between £280 to £300.

Hi! I've got a question about floor compartments and support legs. My Peugoet Partner Combi has floor compartments in the back and I understood that you couldn't use seats with support legs as the leg can punch through the compartment in an accident and this then makes it less safe. All the ERF seats I've seen info on have support legs when used in the back of cars.

Does everyone know if this is the case or has a ERF seat with support leg in a car with floor compartment? I'm keen to ERF Tom if possible but don't really want to have him in the front seat all the time. He's currently in a combination seat and weight wise should be fine in this for a while yet but he is getting tricky to get into it length wise.

Thanks!

Hi everyone

Just popped in with a few questions.

My LO is only almost 5months and has plenty of room left in her infant RF seat as it does up to 13kg and she's only 5.5kg just now. She's over the 75th centile for height though so I'm hoping her head doesn't grow upwards out of it too quickly!!

Anyway, I wasn't going to buy an ERF car seat but I've decided I should.

So can anyone help me find the right car-seat -

2001 Vauxhall Corsa 3 door (very small rear seats with short seat belts, doesn't fit 5 point carseats and I had to get a seat with base and even with that my LOs head almost slumps forward because of the angle of the rear seats so preferably reclining seat)

Up to £200

Not bothered about brand/make as long as it meets all the UK/EU safety standards

Thanks!

i've got the hi way coming and its going (or i hope its going!!) in a ford fiesta sounds similar to yours with the angle of the seats etc
when it arrives i'll post and let you know how it is! x

has anyone ever installed tether loops to their car? is it easy to do or is it something i would need to get a garage to do and would they do it?

thanks in advance if anyone has any answers! x

I would *think* you would need a shop to do it. If they are to be safe, they would need to be properly welded, wouldn't they? I've thought about trying to get my DH to install some (and he even knows how to weld), but I am not sure I trust my kids' safety with his welding skills. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->