Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

It can be strapped in without the base as well so I'm totally confused :rofl:

Soo excited! just ordered a duologic 1 from carseat.se and I can't wait for it to arrive.
Very interesting what you said about yours Redlily I will see if mines the same or if you did get the "wrong" one :). I was going to get the volvo badged MT but as the price has gone up and both cars the seat will be in have isofix the DuoLogic 1 was a better option in the end.
Can anyone tell me how long their seat from carseat.se took to arrive? Can;t wait to get my hands on it lol.

Soo excited! just ordered a duologic 1 from carseat.se and I can't wait for it to arrive.
Very interesting what you said about yours Redlily I will see if mines the same or if you did get the "wrong" one :). I was going to get the volvo badged MT but as the price has gone up and both cars the seat will be in have isofix the DuoLogic 1 was a better option in the end.
Can anyone tell me how long their seat from carseat.se took to arrive? Can;t wait to get my hands on it lol.

Mine took 4 days:thumbup:

Can someone help me purleeasee :)

Ok, its probably going to be complicated so bare with me.

We currently have a 7 seater Vauxhall Zafira. The back two seats fold down in the boot. We dont use these seats. We got a 7 seater so that we can accomadate any future children, or any of my kids friends that come over.

After we bought the car, we saw this video;
it starts about 30 seconds in.
You may find it upsetting, although no people are involved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fUsWCsxnuc

Basically, it shows the damage of something running into the back of these 7 seater cars (it is aimed at all 7 seaters with seats in the boot, not just Zafiras). There is nothing between the child/persons head, and whatever runs into the back of it apart from a sheet of glass and an inch of space.

SO, currently in the back of our car (not the boot - just the normal back seats) we have a booster seat, a stage 0 seat for the baby, and a stage 1 seat. It is a VERY tight squeeze, and there literally isnt an inch to spare.
When my baby grows out of his stage 0 seat, I want him to go into an ERF seat, which I understand are bigger than normal seats? This means that my eldest (he will be 6) will have to go into the seats in the boot.
I am not happy about this, because of the above video.

Is there a way round this aside from buying a new car?

sorry no advice i have seen that video before on another erf thread but no one there really had any suggestions excpet parents choosing to sit at back so no kids are in the 'at risk zone'
x

i always thought erf seats were huge, i have the hi way, its deffinatly the hi way :lol: but it doesnt look any bigger than the 0-4yr forward facng seats, and this acording to the manual is 0-7 years?! it just looks like a normal carseat size wise?!

sorry no advice i have seen that video before on another erf thread but no one there really had any suggestions excpet parents choosing to sit at back so no kids are in the 'at risk zone'
x

i always thought erf seats were huge, i have the hi way, its deffinatly the hi way :lol: but it doesnt look any bigger than the 0-4yr forward facng seats, and this acording to the manual is 0-7 years?! it just looks like a normal carseat size wise?!

Thanks. I couldnt drive the car with one of the kiddies in the back, knowing that they would probably be crushed to death even at a 30mph speed:( I think I will have to shop for a smaller seat.

Flubdub I replied on your other thread :) Jist of it was that if it's width which is the problem (ie getting 3 seats side-by-side on the backseat), then you might still be ok. When we talk about ERF seats being bigger, a lot of the time this is more their length/height rather than their width.

RedLily... That seat looks identical to mine :rofl: Well, I don't have the top headrest on, as my LO's head is nowhere near the top of the seat :dohh:

Will need to try and remember to take a pic of mine tomorrow :haha:

I ordered mine at about 12.30am on Tuesday (I was too excited to wait :lol:) and it arrived this morning.
I wonder if the seat is the same as mine

RedLily... That seat looks identical to mine :rofl: Well, I don't have the top headrest on, as my LO's head is nowhere near the top of the seat :dohh:

:rofl: If I had known what the cushion was I wouldn't have put the headrest on but the instructions for the 1 just said to put that on, I thought it was a foot cushion or something :blush:. Although the head rest is probably needed with my LO :lol:

I ordered mine at about 12.30am on Tuesday (I was too excited to wait :lol:) and it arrived this morning.
I wonder if the seat is the same as mine

:rofl: If I had known what the cushion was I wouldn't have put the headrest on but the instructions for the 1 just said to put that on, I thought it was a foot cushion or something :blush:. Although the head rest is probably needed with my LO :lol:

I don't use the cushion either :blush: It just looked kinda...daft, sat on top of the base. Plus, when I got the seat, she was even further away from the top of it than she is now :rofl:

Flubdub I replied on your other thread :) Jist of it was that if it's width which is the problem (ie getting 3 seats side-by-side on the backseat), then you might still be ok. When we talk about ERF seats being bigger, a lot of the time this is more their length/height rather than their width.

I'd agree with this, although I haven't directly compared the width of our BeSafe ERF seat with a FF seat. I was just looking at it today actually thinking that it isn't that wide really. It still sits on its own seat in the car (a VW Golf), rather than spilling over onto the middle seat. As long as you can try out some seats, you will hopefully be able to find one that will fit. Do you have a shop that sells any, anywhere near you? I'd definitely take the two other seats you want on that row of seats and try some out before buying though.

I'd agree with this, although I haven't directly compared the width of our BeSafe ERF seat with a FF seat. I was just looking at it today actually thinking that it isn't that wide really. It still sits on its own seat in the car (a VW Golf), rather than spilling over onto the middle seat. As long as you can try out some seats, you will hopefully be able to find one that will fit. Do you have a shop that sells any, anywhere near you? I'd definitely take the two other seats you want on that row of seats and try some out before buying though.

I dont think so. Halfords and Mothercare dont sell them, do they? It sounds like we may get away with it them as the other two seats in the back will be boosters by then, not big chunky car seats.

I dont think so. Halfords and Mothercare dont sell them, do they? It sounds like we may get away with it them as the other two seats in the back will be boosters by then, not big chunky car seats.

No unfortunately not but some of the independent shops do. Where abouts in Lancs are you? If you look at the list here - https://www.rearfacing.co.uk/buyersguide.php - there are a couple of shops in the NW. Id ring before going to look though, just in case that list isn't up to date.

No unfortunately not but some of the independent shops do. Where abouts in Lancs are you? If you look at the list here - https://www.rearfacing.co.uk/buyersguide.php - there are a couple of shops in the NW. Id ring before going to look though, just in case that list isn't up to date.

Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it. We are the far side of preston, so the nearest ones would be Wigan and Manchester - both about an hour away, but may be worth going if they would fit it too.

If you import a seat from Sweden, who fits it? Theyre quite complicated to fit arnt they? x

You'd fit it yourself. We got ours from a shop down here but it's actually really simple to fit (we went for an isofix one). There are loads of videos online for how to do them and the shop you buy it from would help via email too.

i installed my hi way :D

it was actually really easy to do, but one thing really bugged me, it comes with a wedge to prop it up to make it lay back further for smaller babies, we needed to use it cos he was too leaned forwards otherwise, but the instructions did not mention it AT ALL. so i was really worried i hadn't done that right but there is no other way for it to go, so it must be right.

its in a 5 door fiesta i uploaded some photos of it installed :D

the front seat can still be used but my knees touch the dashboard and i'm 5'6.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 17
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 14
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 15
if your central seat is a full seat with a 3 point belt on it then i would consider putting the erf seat in the centre that way any bulk would be facing the other way to the booster and other seat you have in the car, we fitted our britax first class + rear facing next to a maxicosi priorfix in our golf without it impacting on the safety of either seat and we had this checked by a car seat safety advisor it wasnt standardly installed this way but it was easier if we had to put another adult in the car to have them use the side rather than central seat

Are there any issues with buckle crunch and erf seats? Even though our car is a family car, we have had real trouble finding seats that fit without 'buckle crunch'. :dohh:

Also, does the Britax Multi-tech recline?

i installed my hi way :D

it was actually really easy to do, but one thing really bugged me, it comes with a wedge to prop it up to make it lay back further for smaller babies, we needed to use it cos he was too leaned forwards otherwise, but the instructions did not mention it AT ALL. so i was really worried i hadn't done that right but there is no other way for it to go, so it must be right.

its in a 5 door fiesta i uploaded some photos of it installed :D

the front seat can still be used but my knees touch the dashboard and i'm 5'6.

I have a different seat (volvo multitech) so this may be different, but our seat is pulled really tight on the tether straps, and the back of the seat pushes quite hard into the front of the adult seat (making it recline more) This may mean it won't need the wedge.

I hope you don't mind me saying, it's just I saw the pictures and that's the first thing I thought. It might be different for your seat though. Anyone with the same seat have any ideas?

Also, does the Britax Multi-tech recline?

I have the volvo version and it doesn't recline, but as I said in the post above, you pull it down on the tether straps and it pushes the bottom back of the seat into the seat of the car so it reclines it more.

Our little one went in it just before 5 months and she has great head/neck control. I don't think I'd have been happy for her to go in much before she did.

Hope that helps .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->