Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

Hello everyone, I tried to read all the post, but I think it's impossible lol. I turned my Son around to forward facing when he was 11 months old, because he was so long in his seat he couldn't straighten his legs out, and my seats in the back of the car slope down at the back of the seat, so the actual carseat was tilted slightly forward, and when he fell asleep, his head would loll forward and he'd wake up because he was uncomfy. Anyway, does anyone have any seats or ways to prevent this, as I reall want to turn him back around!

there are rearfacing seats out there that are eithe reclinable or come with a wedge if you have sloping seats to prevent the slope on the carseat its best to figure out what ones are an option for your car first then work from there

i found a really good site with great pictures of the hi way install...
https://www.sikkerautostol.dk/2010/09/britax-hiway-fotos/

figured i'd post incase anyone else is interested, it shows it in a fair few cars too.
it also features pictures with the wedge, so i'm more happy about using that now.
x

i found a really good site with great pictures of the hi way install...
https://www.sikkerautostol.dk/2010/09/britax-hiway-fotos/

figured i'd post incase anyone else is interested, it shows it in a fair few cars too.
it also features pictures with the wedge, so i'm more happy about using that now.
x

hmmm, think I need one of those wedges! I also found this for you before I read this post! https://www.carseat.se/swedish-car-seats/installation-videos/britax-hi-way/

Do ERF seats over there not come with wedges?? :confused:

both my Radians came with wedges that you are supposed to use when they are RF. You can seem them in the pics I posted on the previous page. I assumed that was normal. There is no way I could RF the seats without them! The back seat is far too slopped for that!

The britax multi tech comes with a fold out wedge thing, I haven't installed it yet to get my own pics, but found this where you can see it.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/sutherlandm/P1000517.jpg

Is that the sort of thing you have TL?

I've just read on another site that European seats are not safety tested with wedges, with the exception of the Hi-Way, so I would be reluctant to use one (shame as our BeSafe isofix seat could do with being a teeny bit more reclined, though with it being isofix I don't know it if would work anyway). In the US, the seats are tested with the use of wedges. I suppose if you have a US seat though, you could use a wedge, whether it's been tested in Europe or not doesn't matter as long as it's been tested, I'd say!

Are the wedges under where the kids feet go? :dohh:
If you dont use them, does the seat tip forwards?(towards the back of the car)

yeah under the carseat where kids feet are, i found that the seat was far to upright in the car without it, it would probably be fine for a much older baby though, but with the wedge it tips the carsea back a bit so theres more of a recline :)

x

thanks for the link pinkclaire :)

yeah under the carseat where kids feet are, i found that the seat was far to upright in the car without it, it would probably be fine for a much older baby though, but with the wedge it tips the carsea back a bit so theres more of a recline :)

x

Do they not make RF seats that recline? Or is this aswell as the recline? (I know they dont all have a recline feature, but do some of them?)

i think they all do at least to a certain extent, some are better than others.
in the hi way's case it reclines but not enough on its own, so then the wedge is used whilst on the highest recline position.
x

i think they all do at least to a certain extent, some are better than others.
in the hi way's case it reclines but not enough on its own, so then the wedge is used whilst on the highest recline position.
x

I've emailed the people I bought mine off and asked them if I can get a wedge. Its really silly that recline as they could easily fit a couple more holes on it!

i know i dont understand why they didn't!

the wedge is weird though, its not mentioned in the manual at all?! :wacko: unless it had its own 'instructions' and with me buying secondhand i just didnt get the instructions with the wedge?
i suppose it is pretty self explanatory anyway, but with a carseat you want to be uber sure and i didn't find the manual itself filled me with confidence!

x

Do they not make RF seats that recline? Or is this aswell as the recline? (I know they dont all have a recline feature, but do some of them?)

The DuoLogic has 3 recline positions, one of which is almost flat.

The Maxi Cosi Mobi reclines as well.

Others probably do, those are the ones I know off the top of my head.

i know i dont understand why they didn't!

the wedge is weird though, its not mentioned in the manual at all?! :wacko: unless it had its own 'instructions' and with me buying secondhand i just didnt get the instructions with the wedge?
i suppose it is pretty self explanatory anyway, but with a carseat you want to be uber sure and i didn't find the manual itself filled me with confidence!

I've had a reply. Its an extra part which is not sourced in the UK and can only purchase from Sweden. So we cant get it here! (Unless you get it imported) I'm off to see if I can buy it anywhere! xx

I got a chance to check my Mum's Volvo Multi-Tech today, and confirmed (to myself too!) that it does have a wedge. Looks exactly like the one in the picture posted previously.

I was having one of those moments where I remember there being a wedge, but not remembering what I'd done with it :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->