Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

That's so frustrating! It seems daft that they'd sell the Multi Tech with a wedge over here but not the Hi Way?! :nope:

i dont think it is, i've only seen it in the picture tiggercats posted, but that doesn't look anything like the hi way one i have.

have you tried ebay.com when browsing a while back there were a few car seats and accessories in sweeden x

I don't think it's the same wedge, but it's obviously a similar idea, iykwim? It seems daft on the part of Britax to have wedges with one seat as standard, but not with others.

Random thought - what about contacting carseat.se? If they are able to source it in Sweden, then perhaps Hakan could give you a price for them to get it and ship it over?

TC, yeah, that is kind of how the wedge looks/works for my seats. But it doesn't hang out past the actual seat.

I know my wedges are made specifically for (and tested with) my seat. I definitely wouldn't think wedges are interchangable between different brands of seats.

I have the volvo one not sure it comes with a wedge, is it meant to :wacko: x

Mine has a bit that is kinda attached to the bottom of the seat. You fold it out flat when the seat is RF and it then flips the other way when you turn the seat.

Hello!
I am looking into extending rear facing car seat for the UK and USA but I have no idea where to start?! lol I've looked on kiddiecare and mothercare and I keep coming across all forward facing.

Also, we are moving to the states in 6 months so LO will only be in the rear facing for a short time in the UK, so don't really want to spend to much money, but will if we have too.
TIA :flower:

The best ERF seat in the US is the Radian XTSL by Sunshine Kids, IMO. I have 2 of them and love them! They RF until 45 lbs and FF to 80 lbs. However, they are a bit spendy compared to others you can get in the US (about $250 right now). You can get a Graco MyRide in the US for about $150. They are also a very good ERF seat. My MIL has one of those for the kids in her car. I like it, but I like the Radian MUCH better.

If you are looking for a ERF that will work in both the UK and the US, you might have a problem! I don't know of any seat that is sold and is legal in both countries. The safety laws are actually different, too. For example, chest clips are not allowed in the UK but are on every seat in the US.

You might have to have different seats for each place. :wacko:

Hey thanks! :D Yeah we gotta get a UK spec car seat and when we move a US spec car seat! Which a real big pain! lol

Will look up the Radian XTSL Cheers :thumbup:

The 'wedge' on the multi tech isn't a separate one, it is attached to the seat, it folds out like shown in the pic i posted in RF mode and flips back under in FF mode (I assume).

I emailed M&P recently as they have recently launched the Pallas 2 in 1 Pallas 2 in 1/ questioning if they had ever thought to instead of trying to solve problems that exsist with FF carseats that they instead did the research and looking into maufacturing a ERF carseat. Below is the email i got back
i figured it was worth a shot and if someone like M&P did produce a ERF carseat as they dont have anything currently above an infant seat for RF then it would help raise national safety awareness and bring ERF seats to the for-front not just something ppl hear about online or through a friend that ERF and we all know theres not that many of us out there or else there would be more seats around in the UK

Dear Mrs Odenaal

Thank you for your recent email. Mamas & Papas have taken all your points on board, it is only by receiving feedback both positive and negative, that we can make improvements to both the service we deliver and our product range.

Your email has been forwarded to the relevant departments and should we feel there is a room in the market for your requests the relevant product launches will take place accordingly.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to email in.

Kind Regards
Isha Pervaz-Ijmeeri

Customer Care
Mamas & Papas

Mamas & Papas
Colne Bridge Road
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
HD5 0RH
0845 268 2000

Monday - Friday
(8.00 - 6.30)

Received my duologic 1 today and it has indeed got all the features of the 2! Infant carrier abilities ( wheels, pulley handle, can be strapped in as a carrier etc) I'm very chuffed, just off to fix it in the car!

hi ladies, had a good read through the last 20 or so pages of this thread and it's so helpful, thank you!

just wondering if i could trouble anyone for a recommendation.

i've narrowed it down to...
maxi cosi mobi
besafe izi x3
duologic 2

we are only looking at isofix, and as far as i can see this rules out the mobi, am i right?
the izi looks great but we really would like one which reclines. does anyone have this car seat and can let me know anything about it?

thanks in advance :flower:

Received my duologic 1 today and it has indeed got all the features of the 2! Infant carrier abilities ( wheels, pulley handle, can be strapped in as a carrier etc) I'm very chuffed, just off to fix it in the car!

Well I have no idea what the difference between the duologic 1 and 2 is, except the price :rofl:

hi ladies, had a good read through the last 20 or so pages of this thread and it's so helpful, thank you!

maxi cosi mobi
besafe izi x3
duologic 2

we are only looking at isofix, and as far as i can see this rules out the mobi, am i right?
the izi looks great but we really would like one which reclines. does anyone have this car seat and can let me know anything about it?

The Izikid has 4 recline positions, the DuoLogic has 3 :) It could come down to what type of car you have in terms of room available. The DuoLogic is one of the most compact ERF seats available. I don't know how big the Izikid is, but from what I've seen, BeSafe seats seem to be quite big. Hopefully someone who has the X3 will be able to tell you :)

We have the DuoLogic 2 and absolutely love it. Although it does seem that they have updated the DuoLogic 1 model to make it identical to the 2, yet there is a still a price difference!

maxi cosi mobi
besafe izi x3
duologic 2

Is it the combi BeSafe one you're looking at? We have that and it does recline, I think it has 3 positions. We always have it at maximum recline though cos our car seats seem to slope down towards the back, which makes the more upright positions too upright for if LO dozes off. We have a Golf. If it is that one you're looking at, feel free to ask any questions. We really like it. It does seem big but I've seen a size comparison chart and it's not bad compared to others on the market - the chart is here - https://www.securatot.co.uk/rear-facing-vehicle-compatibility

The Izikid has 4 recline positions, the DuoLogic has 3 :) It could come down to what type of car you have in terms of room available. The DuoLogic is one of the most compact ERF seats available. I don't know how big the Izikid is, but from what I've seen, BeSafe seats seem to be quite big. Hopefully someone who has the X3 will be able to tell you :)

We have the DuoLogic 2 and absolutely love it. Although it does seem that they have updated the DuoLogic 1 model to make it identical to the 2, yet there is a still a price difference!

thanks for the reply :flower: our car is shown on the list of approved cars on a besafe manual which is good, so i know it definitely fits. we have quite a good sized car (merc b class) so i'm not too worried about size though i'm still a little reluctant unless it's been approved.

i noticed the price difference - must say i prefer the price of the 1! :lol: can i ask how good the recline is on this seat?

Is it the combi BeSafe one you're looking at? We have that and it does recline, I think it has 3 positions. We always have it at maximum recline though cos our car seats seem to slope down towards the back, which makes the more upright positions too upright for if LO dozes off. We have a Golf. If it is that one you're looking at, feel free to ask any questions. We really like it. It does seem big but I've seen a size comparison chart and it's not bad compared to others on the market - the chart is here - https://www.securatot.co.uk/rear-facing-vehicle-compatibility

yes that's the one! i'm going to check the angle of our seats today to see whether they slope too. i'm really drawn to this seat as it has the forward facing option and i'm worried that when oliver gets older we might want to turn him forward (not considering this before 3 years though). i'm not sure whether i'm just worrying for nothing but i do worry that he might get fed up of rear facing around this age (any advice appreciated!).

thanks for the chart. i had a look at it intalled and it seems very high if anything, but it looks really comfortable. thanks for the reply :flower:

The recline on the DuoLogic is great. Position 3 is pretty upright, position 2 is a gentle recline, and position 1 is as flat as an infant carrier (because it can be used as an infant carrier :rofl:) Maybe even a bit flatter. I don't use position 1 very often because my toddler doesn't like being that flat :)

I would double check with someone like Hakan at carseat.se about seats fitting well in your car :) The manufacturers websites/compatibility list very rarely take into account things like "Will the front seat still be usable" when they state that the seat will fit in the car. I agree that a B class should be fine, certainly for the DuoLogic (which fits in a Honda Jazz :rofl:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->