Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

hi ladies, had a good read through the last 20 or so pages of this thread and it's so helpful, thank you!

just wondering if i could trouble anyone for a recommendation.

i've narrowed it down to...
maxi cosi mobi
besafe izi x3
duologic 2

we are only looking at isofix, and as far as i can see this rules out the mobi, am i right?
the izi looks great but we really would like one which reclines. does anyone have this car seat and can let me know anything about it?

thanks in advance :flower:

We also have the besafe izi combi and it took us a little while to get the recline just right in our Fiesta, at 1st it made LO seem to upright but we tightened the tether straps while one of us put a bit of pressure on the seat. and now she sleeps fine in it doesn't flop her head forward at all now, i also think it took her a little bit of time to get used to not being so laid back in her izi combi like she was in her old car seat. Ours is a NON isofix so not sure if that makes a difference to the recline on a slopped seat? :shrug:

I have a quick question - we have the Britx HI-Way and we fix it with the tether straps. Does anyone use the isofix base for this seat? How easy would it be to move the isofix between cars? We don't really want to buy two and we use two cars a lot. Also, is the isofix base just a simple click in, or is it fiddly? We do find fitting the seat with the straps a bit of a hassle so are looking for an easier way. Thanks.

i didn't think the hi way had a isofix option? x

eta: you can buy spare tether straps, so they can stay in the car :D

hi ladies, had a good read through the last 20 or so pages of this thread and it's so helpful, thank you!

maxi cosi mobi
besafe izi x3
duologic 2

we are only looking at isofix, and as far as i can see this rules out the mobi, am i right?
the izi looks great but we really would like one which reclines. does anyone have this car seat and can let me know anything about it?

We also have the besafe izi combi and it took us a little while to get the recline just right in our Fiesta, at 1st it made LO seem to upright but we tightened the tether straps while one of us put a bit of pressure on the seat. and now she sleeps fine in it doesn't flop her head forward at all now, i also think it took her a little bit of time to get used to not being so laid back in her izi combi like she was in her old car seat. Ours is a NON isofix so not sure if that makes a difference to the recline on a slopped seat? :shrug:

You don't get tether straps with the isofix version so you can't really adjust anything. With the isofix, you click the isofix connector things in the back of the car seat, then you turn a ratchet thingie to push a bar back into the seat it's resting on, then fix a support in place down into the foot well (or maybe you do that before the ratchett bit, I can't remember). So there isn't really a point where you can adjust anything, it all has to be done as tight as possible and that's it really.

Does anyone have the Britax/Volvo Multitech? Im calling tomorrow to order mine but just want to make sure im doing the right thing.

We have a Britax First Class Plus just now and although it will RF till about 29lbs and shes around 23/24, Its become SO hard to get her into it now, The gap at the top and cos the seat is so high, i bang her head all the time :S

I cant really afford the Volvo Multitech, But ive sold some nappies and will just have to be tight with money after i pay for it, Listed some things for sale and the britax first class plus seat on gumtree. Im just worried she will start to hate being RF? My mum has a FF seat so im worried she will realise and start screaming being RF for a couple more years.

Also does anyone who has it have any pictures? Ive seen on IRL but just want to make sure again about room etc, I have a Ford Focus. x

Purpledahlia, I'm sure when I was looking at buying a focus I saw pics of the MT in one so have a little google. Sadly volvo have put up their prices now but it is still cheaper than the britax badged version.

Yeah i called the other day and he said he'd give me it for £180, So still much cheaper though very annoying its gone up so much! But i just didnt have the money before and ive sold nappies to fund it now! I will have a google..

I don't have any pics (as it's my parents who have the Multi Tech) but it fits with plenty leg room in my parents Citroen C4. I also put it in a Honda Jazz, and there was less legroom but I could still get in the front seat.

Im not really worried about leg room in the front, more for her (though i know thats not an issue for safety etc) Theres only me so its not that often i have someone in the front and if i do, and they cant fit, they can go in the back! :lol:

I have a quick question - we have the Britx HI-Way and we fix it with the tether straps. Does anyone use the isofix base for this seat? How easy would it be to move the isofix between cars? We don't really want to buy two and we use two cars a lot. Also, is the isofix base just a simple click in, or is it fiddly? We do find fitting the seat with the straps a bit of a hassle so are looking for an easier way. Thanks.

isofix bases just click in and out as far as i know

maxi cosi mobi
besafe izi x3
duologic 2

You don't get tether straps with the isofix version so you can't really adjust anything. With the isofix, you click the isofix connector things in the back of the car seat, then you turn a ratchet thingie to push a bar back into the seat it's resting on, then fix a support in place down into the foot well (or maybe you do that before the ratchett bit, I can't remember). So there isn't really a point where you can adjust anything, it all has to be done as tight as possible and that's it really.

Oh well ,i wasnt much help then :dohh:

maxi cosi mobi
besafe izi x3
duologic 2

Oh well ,i wasnt much help then :dohh:

We're definitely getting the isofix but thank you for the reply anyway :thumbup: at least now I know it isn't adjustable.

OT, but Emma your little boy is gorgeous! What a lovely sig!

Purpledahlia, those seats will fit on the front seat as well, so may be an option if the seat is bigger? Have you checked the other thread about seats in which cars? I'm sure there was someone with a focus and a multitech? As long as you can turn off your passenger airbag/s, its just as safe in the front as the back RF. There is a lot of research if you look into it.

No im happy for it to be in the back i know theres enough space just wanted to see a picture etc, I cant find the other thread can someone link it? Ive ordered it and picking it up soon as money from paypal clears :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/550884-erf-seat-your-car.html

here it is. I havent looked through it to check though. might be worth bumping it and seeing if anyone has one if not?

OT, but Emma your little boy is gorgeous! What a lovely sig!

Purpledahlia, those seats will fit on the front seat as well, so may be an option if the seat is bigger? Have you checked the other thread about seats in which cars? I'm sure there was someone with a focus and a multitech? As long as you can turn off your passenger airbag/s, its just as safe in the front as the back RF. There is a lot of research if you look into it.

Aww thank you so much! :flower:

Hi to the q above (sorry if i have missread but not read it all) the besafe combi does recline although my 6 months head did flop forward when she slept in it. Even they dont recomend it for newborns although it can be used from birth.

Q not really sure if this is the right place but just wondered if anyone had seen the new concord intense car seat. It is a baby seat that they can stay in slightly longer than a year (so stay rf a little longer). any info on it or the euroturn, how long can they stay rearfacing in that one?
looking for a seat for new baby that will last longer than the traditional seats but still lie very flat.

Not sure what those seats are but the Britax First Class plus is from birth - 4 years and reclines a LOT, plus has a newborn insert to recline even more, id reccommend that its RF till 18KG.

Got my Volvo multi-tech, fits perfect in ford focus, enough room at the front etc and basically really happy with it!

Does anybody know of a combi seat that isn't quite as deep as the Britax First Class Plus when RF? We have the BeSafe ERF seat for LO but we're expecting the next baby in August and need a seat for her. It will have to go behind the driver's seat of our Golf (eek!) - the Britax PC+ is about an inch and a half too deep and touches the driver's seat, which it's not supposed to do (unlike our other seat, where it is allowed to make contact with the front seat :()

We definitely can't fit an ERF seat behind the driver's seat so I'm looking for a combi seat that will last to around 2 years/13KG. By the time baby is ready for the next seat, LO no 1 will be 4 so we'll be looking to move her into something else, or buy a bigger car. Damn Britax for making seats that can't touch the seat in front!

I don't want to get an infant carrier, even if it is one that will last till 13KG cos LO was ready to come out of hers at 9 months - it needs to sit up more than that. I know we could put one child in the front seat with the airbag off but we do several long car journeys a year where it would be better for both children to be in the back with an adult, and I worry about obstructing the view out of the front side window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->