• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reassurance needed, getting married with a bump

Reaction score
My hb and I got married (the spiritual important bit) last March, and have been waiting for the legal bit until we had the money to have a big shiny reception too (something we just want to do). However with tiny on the way, I'd like us to be legally married so we are booked into a registry office just before Christmas :) and the big reception will have to be an anniversary party in the future instead :)

The reason for my insecurity is that at the wedding, I will be 28 weeks into the pregnancy, and the bump is really starting to happen already! Now I'm wearing a Tiffany Rose wedding dress and a veil - I really want to wear a veil and I couldn't for the main bit of our wedding last year (English Heritage wouldn't let us! - got married at Stonehenge). So I'm excited about wearing the 'traditional' bridal gear and really looking forward to it :)

However, I was brought up by parents who have a very dim view of that sort of thing and still have a mother who makes comments like 'oh well you can't wear white then'. I don't really believe in the symbolism of the clothes any more, I just want to wear them, they are awesome and will look cool! But a tiny bit of me (I suppose the childhood leftover bit) is starting to get really scared that people will think I look stupid :(

Any reassurance would be really really welcome.

To be perfectly honest, if anyone thinks you look stupid or anything like that on your WEDDING DAY then they are the ones with the problems and probably shouldn't bother going along to witness you and your husband joining together anyway!!!

Forget what anyone thinks. 28 weeks pregnant is the most beautiful part of pregnancy (imo). You're not 'just' pregnant that you look tubby, and you're not 'so' pregnant that you look uncomfortable. Embrace it and enjoy your child being there with you when you and your husband make those promises to each other :thumbup:

And wear whatever you want to wear!!

If it bothers you then you could go for more of an ivory so your not technicaly wearing white:winkwink:

Well technically it's cream ;-) and the veil is long and sparkly and it's awesome :-D

Don't even think about other people, you wear what you want to and what you are comfortable in!
I think you should share pictures, I really wanna see your veil :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->