Reassurance scan

Missnurse

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Basically we were going to go for a viability scan on 14th September when I would be either 9 weeks or 8+6. I picked this date as I though that DD (5) would be at her dads. We didn't want her there this time as she would tell people and we don't tell till 12 weeks.

Anyway turns out I've got weekends mixed up and the next weekend we can go when she isn't with us is the 7th September when I'll be either 8 weeks or 7+6

How what I wanted to know was what I would be likely to see?

With my first pregnancy I had a scan at 7 weeks. Saw the little sac (looked like a peanut) and the heartbeat flashing. Doctor also allowed me to listen to the heartbeat for a few seconds, which was great. At 8 weeks you most probably will see the heartbeat,although they sometimes say it could be 8 weeks and a few days. Have a lovely scan! Xx

I had a scan at 7weeks 5 days and this was the picture we got:
525747_10151268139861281_1222198169_n.jpg

I had a scan at 8 weeks exactly and saw a bean shaped baby and a lovely heartbeat! :)

We had one at 6 plus 3 and 8 plus three, there is certainly a lot of difference in a couple of weeks but they look like little blobs :) beautiful!

Had one around 8 weeks this time and with dd2-saw a jellybean shaped baby and a flickering heartbeat :) enjoy your scan

At 8 weeks you should def see a baby with a human-like form. And a strong heartbeat would be detectable too by then. My obgyn said that if you have a strong heartbeat at 8 weeks then you have a very probable viable pregnancy. This is because by 8 weeks the baby has reached most of its developmental milestones. When there are fatal genetic abnormalities, they usually manifest before 8 weeks.

I had a scan at 7 weeks + 4 days and say the baby, heartbeat and yolk sac. GOOD LUCK!! :)

8+6 scans u see alot more, i wouldnt pay for a 7 week private scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->