Recommend a nappy wrap

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
I'm currently using Little Lamb fitted nappies (bamboo, cotton and microfibre) and bamboo flats (as well as a few BumGenius V3). My wraps are all Little Lamb, and they're fine, we don't have leaks (apart from with the microfibre nappies, which I'm planning to sell on). However, they're all size 1 so I'll eventually need to replace them. I've got a while as Adam is only about 12lb but I'm hoping to get pre-loved again, and so am starting the hunt early. :)

I'll definitely need wraps again as I'm planning to get some bamboo LLs, and keep using my flats. I'd be fine with getting a couple of LL size 2 wraps but would like to branch out as well. So what's good? What's bad? What works for a more active baby? Oh, and prettiness is not an issue, I couldn't care less, white and plain colours are fine with me.

I actually like the Blueberry wraps. I feel like they fit really well over some of the fitted diapers. I use a Bamboozle for nights, and usually just put one of the Blueberry Coverall's over it and I've not had a leak yet. Plus, they're one size, so I won't have to buy any more. The Thirsties Duo wraps are really flexible, and those are probably my second faves. They're thin, lightweight and fit really trim.

Just my opinion! :flower:

motherease, the velcro ones, mine have fit since i first started using cloth nappies, a good few months ago, and still fit lovely now and she is meant to be in the next size up by now hehe, i dont so much like the snap ones although they are better than some others ive tried

obviously i think mine are the best wraps going but those are the best mass produced ones anyway

x

Like Ellie, I love my Motherease. I have the Rikki not airflow with the velcro and we have had not one leak with a bamboozle in a 10-11 hour period :D

thanks ladies :)

have just bought (pre-loved) a couple of Motherease Airflow, but size Medium, which says up to 20lb, so they're really just to test since I don't *need* them. Am so impatient, there's loads of things I want to try out but unless they're BTP I'm resisting :rofl: - so I've bought a Pop-In (waiting for it) and am on the lookout for a BG AIO but not letting myself get a LL pocket because we don't need anything in size 1. But these wraps were cheap and if they're as good as people say I will be able to sell them on anyway. :D

Vici, is Imi in cloth overnight now? We're still in disposables at night but hoping to cut back, hence the Pop-In. Adam rarely has leaks from anything other than these duff microfibre LLs; he's prob been in a bamboo LL for 6+ hours and no leakage. He's sleeping about 8 hours max now, so I really hope we can work out a night system.

Imi is still in small rikkis but i have got a medium now as the velcro is right on the edge!!

Yeah everynight now. She gets ready for bed at about 9ish, has a bottle, wakes at about 4 and then gots back down till 7/8ish. She's in a bamboozle, bamboo booster, fleece liner and Rikki wrap for that whole time - never had a leak and her skin is FAB in the morning :D

:thumbup: You will love the Pop In, they are fantastic for overnight IMO. Did you buy the night time booster too?

I did get the night booster. I had a read through Shadow's thread and saw you rate them :D How long per night is Freya in hers?

12 hours usually, sometimes 14 if I'm lucky! They do get pretty wet though so use a fleece liner. She has leaked through so many nappies, so I am pretty impressed that she can stay in one for so long! Also she drinks a lot of milk overnight and wees for England, so they are brill :D

Well I gotta say, my Blueberry was a nightmare! It was pretty and all that, but it leaked awfully, I think because of the "soft" material inside, it just didn't keep the wetness in~! I sold it on :winkwink:

But my favourite wraps were Motherease rikkis until I found Tiny Eco. ME are slimmer and I never ever had a leak with them, they fit really nicely over terries too, bu since Vince went up a size instead of getting more preloved MEs I got a bunch of Tiny Eco wraps, and they're lush :D They're not very breathable, but Vince has never had any irritation or anything so we just needed reliable and waterproof, which they certainly are! And the fleece comes in cute colours and patterns, which I know you're not fussed about, but it does make nappy change time fun! AND they're only £4.50 brand spanking new, I can't really fault them (apart from being fairly bulky under clothes...) We have 4 of them and that's plenty for us, we can wipe them out between nappies and use them 4 or 5 times before they need to be washed :thumbup:

Shadow xxx

thanks Shadow! do you have a link for these Tiny Eco wraps?

I thought about getting the Rikki (there was one available from the lady I've bought the Airflows from) but I'm keen to try something that doesn't have velcro on. My LLs are velcro fastening and some (the older ones) are tatty looking, though they work fine. Am conscious that I'd like to sell them on and obviously I want to keep them in as nice condition as poss. At the moment I think the only nappies I've got that will sell well after are my bamboo LLs, as they wash so so well, always look gorgeous even full of poo.

thanks Shadow! do you have a link for these Tiny Eco wraps?

I thought about getting the Rikki (there was one available from the lady I've bought the Airflows from) but I'm keen to try something that doesn't have velcro on. My LLs are velcro fastening and some (the older ones) are tatty looking, though they work fine. Am conscious that I'd like to sell them on and obviously I want to keep them in as nice condition as poss. At the moment I think the only nappies I've got that will sell well after are my bamboo LLs, as they wash so so well, always look gorgeous even full of poo.

eta: I found the site (and saw your feedback on the first page :rofl: ) and now am wondering - which wraps do you have? fleece lined or PUL lined? :D

Well I gotta say, my Blueberry was a nightmare! It was pretty and all that, but it leaked awfully, I think because of the "soft" material inside, it just didn't keep the wetness in~! I sold it on :winkwink:

But my favourite wraps were Motherease rikkis until I found Tiny Eco. ME are slimmer and I never ever had a leak with them, they fit really nicely over terries too, bu since Vince went up a size instead of getting more preloved MEs I got a bunch of Tiny Eco wraps, and they're lush :D They're not very breathable, but Vince has never had any irritation or anything so we just needed reliable and waterproof, which they certainly are! And the fleece comes in cute colours and patterns, which I know you're not fussed about, but it does make nappy change time fun! AND they're only £4.50 brand spanking new, I can't really fault them (apart from being fairly bulky under clothes...) We have 4 of them and that's plenty for us, we can wipe them out between nappies and use them 4 or 5 times before they need to be washed :thumbup:

Shadow xxx

Although I haven't had any leaks with the "soft" ones, I can see how that would happen. (They are ADORABLE, though.) I don't own many of those just because I can only use them once before having to wash. I like the wipe-out ones.
The Blueberry's I was talking about were the one size Coveralls they came out with. They come with snaps and they don't have that soft stuff. I love them because I can adjust the size to fit snugly over a prefold, or adjust it larger for her overnight Tots Bots Bamboozle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->