Recommend me (us!) a night nappy!

Hayley90

Complete
Reaction score
:wave:

Hello lovely ladies,

I am on a shopping hunt, for night nappies!
I want some super absorbent, colourful ones, not too expensive (no more than £15-ish for now) for the little man, as our last pack of sposies is running low, and i want to be full-time cloth before the end of that packet!

He is an average wetter, but id like something to last a good 8 hours+ as he is sleeping through more often now - almost every day :dance:

Any suggestions? Are you selling any? I hear good things about Holdens Landing, but i always see larges and never smalls - they have to be little!

I look forward to your suggestions!
Thankyou very muchly :)

Tots bots bamboozles with a fleece wrap might work? anything bamboo based is good for overnights as its super absorbant :) Im not in cloth at night yet but will be as soon as little ones legs chunk up a bit to fill the thighs out :haha:

Totally agree with bamboozles!! They are my staple night nappies!! I have 12!! (am selling 5 in the sell bit)

Tbh any fitted is great for nights (as long as you have a good wrap)

WNNNs with a wool cover for us! I got both my wool soakers from LittlePants, and they are gooooooorgeous :thumbup:

My second choice nappies for overnight are Issy Bear V2s with both inserts in. I could see them being way too bulky for a very young baby though.

:wacko:...wool.... im not sure on it. How is it waterproof? i imagine its like wearing a really scratchy old jumper that someone's nan knitted in the pouring rain :lol: are they soft? does it not chafe?! I am completely ignorant to the wonders of wool so feel free to enlighten me!

I have a flip wrap on the way, which I intend to buy more of. I have a couple of motherease ones here too which are medium but will fit him easy peasy. Im scared, i dont want a moses basket full of pee!

Motherease wraps are fab hun they keep it all in great!! Just try it and see what works for you!! Sheets ca be washed and most matresses are waterproof!!

I use huggles from Napppies by Minki with a flip wrap and it works brilliant! Huggles only cost £8 each too so bargin - worth buying one to try!

Wool is definitely not scratchy :) It's gorgeous, soft and cuddly. One of my soakers is 100% alpaca wool, the other has alpaca cuffs and waist. But even the non-alpaca bit is lovely and soft, I can rub it against my cheek and it feels sooooo soft :cloud9: I think the wool that you (and I!) think of as being scratchy is probably stuff from our childhood, which likely wasn't pure wool, or was treated with nasty stuff to make it machine washable!

It is waterproof, using lanolin. It is self-cleaning, antibacterial, and it allows nappies to breathe by allowing evaporation. This also keeps LO way cooler :thumbup:

I really recommend LittlePants page for info on wool - https://littlepants.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=34&zenid=6svgr0ruruq0vrqdceljsu3kd5

hmm so i wonder if i will get a decent amount of time out of my shiny new bitti boo then? its bamboo everything. and then a motherease wrap over it.

i wish i wasnt one of the only ones with a bitti boo, i need reviews, too scared to test it on my own :rofl:

Ive used an itti fitted hun (honestly i hated it!!) It wasnt absorbant at all compared to some of my others!!

i am tempted to try a wool cover, but in my head i cant see how it works :dohh: i just read that whole page that you linked to Eala, and she is right when she says its not logical :rofl: i need to see one before i buy it iykwim?

perhaps its just my own personal aversion to wool... :rofl:.

tonight i think i will try a super boosted itti boo, see how i go. we have good luck with ittis in the day so i praying (for his, mine and the baskets sake) that this works!

must look into getting bamboo tots bots...

I've never tried an Itti fitted, but I know that my AIO and SIO D'Lish's would have no chance at all of doing an overnight.

ETA - I wouldn't have even thought of wool if someone whose opinion I trust hadn't recommended it to me (Monkeh). She has a heavy wetter (like mine!) and raved about wool. I tried it, with the view that I could always sell it on, and I'm a convert :blush:

Have you ever used lanolin cream? I remember my Mum having some when I was little, and of course, there's lansinoh around these days! If you imagine how it makes your hands waterproof until you use soap, it does the same to the wool. I really don't know how to explain it, it just works :rofl: In the morning my LO's wool soaker is dry, her clothes and sleeping bag are dry, but the outside of the nappy is wet, and the inserts are usually saturated! I use fleece liners (on top of a cuddlesoft layer) to keep her dry on the inside, which seems to be working.

my thinking with the ittis - a AIO i can get 3-4 hours. with the mini booster 4-5.
i figure that as the WHOLE of the boo is bamboo velour, if i mini-boost it, i should get 5-6 (praying here) which will last him till 5-6am when he wakes up :)

I could be massively wrong, but in my naive state i like to think this pretty little thing will work!!! :haha:

It's worth a try!! As I said, I have no idea about Itti fitteds. Given how long the AIO lasts your LO, you never know, it just might be fine!

Good luck! :thumbup:

Hayley i am selling a dino wnnl at the min!!

I was using pockets stuffed with a folded terry towel (as recommended by Erin)

This worked fab for a while but Noah has 'outchunked' the pcckets we were using for night and started to get leaks - but this is still a good cheap option.

I am now using a baby beehind bamboo fitted at night with a fleece soaker.

I found a preloved one on CNT and brought 2 new ones (which I will need to soak the life out of when they arrive) from bibsnbots - they are on sale at the moment for £10.63 each and theyve got canary yellow, royal purple and soothing sea, as well as the natural colour - not that the colour matters as they will be covered with a yummy pretty soaker anyway!!

:thumbup:

i love the thought of wool but my lo hates it near her skin! doh!

My suggestions would be....

1. BG V3's. These are our night nappies. The suedecloth is some of the nicest iv come across and we put abigail in a V3 everynight...she sleeps 11 hours and has a lovely dry bum even though it has sodden inserts! I use both the main insert and the newborn booster. If you are wanting to get longer than that (?!) you can stuff the V3's with some bamboo to go even longer. I have had ONE leak the entire 6 months iv used BG v3's...and thats because she'd had it on 12 hours!!!

2. Flips with an organic insert and a Staydry ontop. The two together are bloody absorbent but the SD keeps baby dry and the Flip wraps are pretty fail-safe.

3. A TB stretchy....with your wrap of choice over it (alot of people use the Flip wrap with these as well!)https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11952.html

I use issy night nappies and BGs with an extra bamboo insert :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->