Recovery from 3rd c section (and possible tubal litigation)

wannabump82

Reaction score
Hi,

Me and hubby have decided that our family is complete. I am expecting my third boy and although a girl would have been nice, 3 kids is enough for us plus I'm 34 this year. I am considering having the tubal litigation done whilst I am "open" . My hubby has said he will also get the snip but I have decided that it would be fair for us both to get done.

This pregnancy came as a bit of a shock as I found out on the day that I had an appointment for the pill. Prior to finding out we had booked a holiday which we are due to go on on 2 January 2017, baby will be 8 weeks old.

My previous two sections went well and I didn't have any problems, other than having to have a drain. I was up and walking the next day and out of hospital after 2 days.

My question is whether you have had the tubal litigation with a section and what your recovery period was.

Thanks

hi

im also getting my tubes tied and I have spoken to a friend who did the same when she had her third and last baby and she said her recovery was smooth although they took longer with her after taking her baby out as they had to do the procedure and she spent much longer in the recovery ward before going back to her room everything is ok and she didn't experience any other symptoms afterwards ...

she didn't breastfeed though as her baby had to spend 2 extra weeks in hospital due to jaundice and breathing issues but she is a healthy little 2 yr old now

Thanks hun I'm hoping for a speedy recovery. You will have to let me know how it goes :)

Hey, I just had a c-section and tubes tied 4 days ago. My section was slightly complicated because I had an unknown rupture in my uterus. Despite all that and the long surgery I had I feel great so far, I'm about to go home in a minute and I stopped taking pain relief about 12 hours ago. My mobility is excellent, I can walk and carry things, bend down, squat, climb up on my bed fine, roll from one side to the other etc etc.

that's good to hear minties I hope my recovery is as smooth as yours ..

Hey, I just had a c-section and tubes tied 4 days ago. My section was slightly complicated because I had an unknown rupture in my uterus. Despite all that and the long surgery I had I feel great so far, I'm about to go home in a minute and I stopped taking pain relief about 12 hours ago. My mobility is excellent, I can walk and carry things, bend down, squat, climb up on my bed fine, roll from one side to the other etc etc.

That's sounds great. I never had any pain relief from my previous two sections so I'm hoping that means I have a high pain threshold and I'll be ready for my jollies in January! How long were you in hospital? And are you from the UK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->