Recurrent Miscarriage Experiences - Tell Me Your Story!

hopestruck

Mommy to a Miracle
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a doctoral student at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. I will be doing my doctoral research on the experiences of women dealing with recurrent pregnancy loss (3+ losses), and am looking to get a sense of how many people are interested in participating.

The research will likely consist of participation in an online survey and possibly an telephone interview (paid for by me). Everything will remain 100% confidential.

As a sufferer of recurrent loss myself, my goal is to write the dissertation, and to hopefully publish a book so that women who are dealing or who have dealt with this problem can share their stories. :flower:

If you are interested in being a part of this research, or know anyone who might be, please contact me below or at the following e-mail address: [email protected]

Thank you so much - I hope to hear from you!

Hey.

I am not sure if I will be ideal for you given that I am in the UK and not Canada but I have recurrent loses. I have seven first tri loses, followed by a stillbirth, followed by another five first tri loses in a row now (also had a previous stillbirth to this). But if I can be of any help let me know.

I will also link to this in the recurrent miscarriage thread.

Hi

I am also UK so not sure if that will help. I have had 5 first tri miscarriages, 4 of them were missed miscarriage

Xx

I'd be happy to help too probably although I'm in Australia

I've had 3 miscarriages at 4+1, 11+5 and 15+4 weeks in the past 12 months

Hi
hope it will help in your reaserch.i 've had 6recurrent miscarrige.first three were missed miscarriges (heart beat stopped) and next three were at at6 or 5weeks without arriving heartbeat.

Hiya Hopestruck, how are you keeping?

I too am willing to take part, 6MCs; 3MC all at 10-12 weeks, 1 miracle DS, and another 3MCs in 2012 (6 1/2, 10 and 7 weeks). All had a heartbeat except the last one.

And we all keep persevering....

I'm not sure what angle you are taking for your research but I am very happy to talk about the emotions, stress, how it affects everyday life, pursuit to undercover health issues, depression etc that we all face xo

Hi ladies,

I'm so so happy and excited to see you responding here! I am very glad to see a few familiar faces and I do hope that you will share your story with me :flower:

It doesn't matter where you are located in the world, I would love, love, love to have you participate :thumbup:

I also want to add that if you know anyone who dealt with RPL and then gone on to have one ore more children, they are also invited to participate so please share this link with them.

At this point I am in the very beginning stages of my research, but I am hoping to have things prepared in the next couple of months. Ideally, I will have either an online survey and/or phone interviews.

I will start compiling a list of interested people and contact information. I will follow up with private messages to each of you to ask for your e-mail addresses, or you can send it to [email protected]

Thank you so much ladies. I really hope we can make this work. I know how important this story is and want to do my part to share it. I have been trying to find some meaning in all of this sadness and I believe this may be it.

Big hugs!!! :hugs:

I too am willing to take part, 6MCs; 3MC all at 10-12 weeks, 1 miracle DS, and another 3MCs in 2012 (6 1/2, 10 and 7 weeks). All had a heartbeat except the last one.

I'm not sure what angle you are taking for your research but I am very happy to talk about the emotions, stress, how it affects everyday life, pursuit to undercover health issues, depression etc that we all face xo

Angel, so nice to see you on here. I have been creeping the Recurrent Losses thread and following you here and there. How are things going on your end these days?

Things are going fairly well with me. My doctors have followed up on my testing and it turns out that I do NOT have the clotting disorder they initially suspected (Antithrombin) - it was just a faulty result. I am still taking synthroid for the anti-thyroid antibodies - TSH is down to .9 now. I have also gone off gluten since mid-December. We are officially TTC again, with a BFN this month. Fingers crossed all these changes brings us our rainbows.

Hopestruck i am also gluten free because of thyroid antibodies (TPO), i think Angel is also going gluten free too.

I posted some excellent links on the RMC thread regarding gluten free, within the talks this Doc did he covered thyroid disease, pcos, infertility etc, it wasnt all celiac stuff. It wasnt that long ago that i posted them, have a listen

xx

Hopestruck i am also gluten free because of thyroid antibodies (TPO), i think Angel is also going gluten free too.

I posted some excellent links on the RMC thread regarding gluten free, within the talks this Doc did he covered thyroid disease, pcos, infertility etc, it wasnt all celiac stuff. It wasnt that long ago that i posted them, have a listen

xx

I will check that out, Thanks Hope!! :)

hopestuck-i have pitutary adenoma.prolectine hormone remain elevated always and high antibodies(tpo>1300).6recurrent losses no other abnormality found in blood and genetic testing.i hav e also infertility problem.my last loss was in july 2011and i couldnt conceive again.

Angel, so nice to see you on here. I have been creeping the Recurrent Losses thread and following you here and there. How are things going on your end these days?

Things are going fairly well with me. My doctors have followed up on my testing and it turns out that I do NOT have the clotting disorder they initially suspected (Antithrombin) - it was just a faulty result. I am still taking synthroid for the anti-thyroid antibodies - TSH is down to .9 now. I have also gone off gluten since mid-December. We are officially TTC again, with a BFN this month. Fingers crossed all these changes brings us our rainbows.

Hopestruck that's really interesting news, I wonder why the doctors did a u-turn regarding the antithrombin diagnosis? Perhaps we can have temporary slightly elevated levels? Good news regarding the anti-thyroid antibodies and TTC, I'm sure you will get your BFP soon :hugs:. Good luck!

I got the all clear in December to TTC again but I'm currently going through redundancy so the timing isn't great. My DH is being sensible about it and is refusing to cooperate, which I know I should be but the biological clock is ticking and the whole situation is a bit stressful if I'm honest.

Hope has been providing loads of links and after this Thursday I am also going gluten free. I am currently meant to be dairy free and low-GI but self-pity has seen chocolate and biscuits become my best friend lately :haha::winkwink::blush:. I'm getting more bloods done on Thursday as I am having ongoing symptoms of autoimmune things since my last MC in September and then it's sort out my life so I'm in tip top shape for when I can TTC again, which will hopefully be in a couple of months time. I'm waiting until I get my bloods taken as I know my diet is at its worse so if it does show anything up we can monitor levels once I sort things out, if that makes sense?

How many do you need for your study? If you want I can share your link with others I know that may be interested?

Angel xo

I'll help if i can
4 losses all b4 9 weeks

Thank you Sunny! I will contact you in a PM with more details.

hopestuck-i have pitutary adenoma.prolectine hormone remain elevated always and high antibodies(tpo>1300).6recurrent losses no other abnormality found in blood and genetic testing.i hav e also infertility problem.my last loss was in july 2011and i couldnt conceive again.

Hi Mohini, Thanks so much for your reply. I am so sorry for all of your losses. I would love to speak further with you about it. I will contact you in a private message with further details.

Hopestruck that's really interesting news, I wonder why the doctors did a u-turn regarding the antithrombin diagnosis? Perhaps we can have temporary slightly elevated levels? Good news regarding the anti-thyroid antibodies and TTC, I'm sure you will get your BFP soon :hugs:. Good luck!

I got the all clear in December to TTC again but I'm currently going through redundancy so the timing isn't great. My DH is being sensible about it and is refusing to cooperate, which I know I should be but the biological clock is ticking and the whole situation is a bit stressful if I'm honest.

Hope has been providing loads of links and after this Thursday I am also going gluten free. I am currently meant to be dairy free and low-GI but self-pity has seen chocolate and biscuits become my best friend lately :haha::winkwink::blush:. I'm getting more bloods done on Thursday as I am having ongoing symptoms of autoimmune things since my last MC in September and then it's sort out my life so I'm in tip top shape for when I can TTC again, which will hopefully be in a couple of months time. I'm waiting until I get my bloods taken as I know my diet is at its worse so if it does show anything up we can monitor levels once I sort things out, if that makes sense?

How many do you need for your study? If you want I can share your link with others I know that may be interested?

Angel xo

Good morning Angel :)

With re: the Antithrombin - when they did the test my levels came up just slightly lower than normal. I flew down to the city to see the hematologist, and he did a complete case history on me and basically said he suspected that it was just a spurious result (and/or lab error). So he ordered a re-test of all the clotting disorders, and sure enough I was in the normal range...thank goodness! I guess those kinds of errors just happen sometimes!

I'm really sorry to hear about the redundancy! That is no doubt very challenging to deal with and I can see the TTC challenge from both perspectives.

That's great that you are considering going gluten free! Now that I am eating this way I really enjoy it. I'm not sure what's available in the UK, but Udi's makes really great GF breads and muffins when you do need that fix. I have my GF toast every day for breakfast. I'm also glad to hear that you're looking into autoimmune stuff. I suspect that might be my problem too...I just don't know.

Well, I feel like we could talk for hours about stuff! And we should! I am SO looking forward to chatting with you more for the interview and whatnot.

In terms of numbers, I am hoping to find about 30-50 participants. I am also interested in speaking with partners to hear their perspectives. I am guessing I will have to go beyond B&B (and for research purposes, I should), but yes! If you could spread the word as far and wide as possible, that would be amazing. I really feel like the story of RPL is not told nearly enough when compared to other forms of grief, loss, and infertility. RPL gets a few paragraphs and that's it. So I want to make sure our voices are heard, because I know this story is different. :flow:

My situation maybe a little different from some of you. I have 3 kids and then I had my 3 losses all in a row. I am in the US!

4 losses since May 2011. Just going through #4. Anything to help people to understand more about this issue is great in my book and I would be in.

You can use me :) one mmc at 8 weeks, and two spontaneous losses at 4 and 6 weeks and finally baking what will be my first born.xx

Thanks to all new ladies replying! I will be in touch soon :)

I have had 2 losses and am pregnant for the 3rd time. I got pregnant twice naturally and pretty much on the 1st try. 1st was a mmc with the baby having no heartbeat at my 10 wk scan and only measuring 8 weeks so I had to have a d&c. I got the green light to try again and got pregnant again. This time dr didnt believe I as pregnant because she kept running the wrong type of blood test (Qual vs Quant). Ended up in the er where the pregnancy was confirmed but my hcg was only at 90 as I was only about 4 weeks. Changed dr's and the new dr did tested me and found out I had low progesterone. Started me on Crinone but it was too late. Started bleeding a week later and ended up mc naturally. They ran a panel of tests on me and all check out just fine except for I had something called MTHFR (heterozygous). I ovulated on my own alwayss but was given Clomid to help have a better sized follicle and better progesterone levels. Had a HSG done in Dec of 2012 (couldnt see right tube) and end of Apr of 2013 (Both tubes were open and uterus looked great) and got pregnant after doing our 1st IUI in the begining of May. I just had my first scan on tuesday and the dr was able to see the sac and yolk right at the top of my uterus which she said was the perfect place for the baby to be. Waiting for scan #2 next tuesday to see the fetal pole.

Hi Hopestruck not sure if it is too late to jump in. I have been LTTC for ten years in that time missed miscarriage at 11 weeks, blighted ovum at 8 weeks D&C and an ectopic pregnancy resulting in a tubal removal. Just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->