Recurrent Miscarriage Experiences - Tell Me Your Story!

Thanks Mommylov and Lorna for sharing. It is not too late at all. I am just in the process of gathering interest and will hopefully have the interviews ready to go in the next 2 months or so! So if you know anyone else who might want to share, please pass the information along.

Hoping you are all well :flow:

Just had a third mc so I can add that to my story if you want. All three very different experiences. :(

Hey Hopestruck,
I was wondering if you are only interested in women who've had more than 2 miscarriages. I had one.

Hey Hopestruck,
I was wondering if you are only interested in women who've had more than 2 miscarriages. I had one.

Hi Veronica,

I'm specifically looking at the different experiences of women going through multiple m/c, but please do share your m/c experience here. Every one going through this pain deserves the opportunity to tell their story! I will do my best to incorporate as many as I can into the book.

Hey Hopestruck,

Hi Veronica,

I'm specifically looking at the different experiences of women going through multiple m/c, but please do share your m/c experience here. Every one going through this pain deserves the opportunity to tell their story! I will do my best to incorporate as many as I can into the book.

Wanted to say loving your profile pic and gives us all hope :hugs:

Hey Hopestruck,

Hi Veronica,

Wanted to say loving your profile pic and gives us all hope :hugs:

Thank you Lorna! There IS hope :flower:

Yes, there absolutely is hope. Never give up ladies! I honestly never would have imagined I'd make it to 12+ weeks. It still feels very surreal. It's a really tough journey that we have. It truly is. This is why I sincerely feel like we need a book to share our experiences and to keep on hoping and believing and looking for answers.

:hugs:

Yes, there absolutely is hope. Never give up ladies! I honestly never would have imagined I'd make it to 12+ weeks. It still feels very surreal. It's a really tough journey that we have. It truly is. This is why I sincerely feel like we need a book to share our experiences and to keep on hoping and believing and looking for answers.

:hugs:

The book would be awesome. One of the things that has helped me through my mc are all those stories I know about women struggling so hard to have their children. Aunts and cousins who just couldn't get pregnant or had multiple mc. I am sure I would be feeling the most unlucky, miserable woman on earth, had I not know beforehand, it could happen to me just as it happened to at least 8 of my girlfriends (all of them ended up with more than one child after their mc). There's one of those stories though, that gives me the goosebumps. Makes me think how little control we have over this whole thing and yet how wonderful things can happen if we have faith. The story is about a very good friend from work. She had a perfectly healthy first pregnancy and had healthy baby girl. Then she had 6 mc (In the last one she new it was a boy). Then she had two more girls and decided she was done having children and got tubal litigation (or something of the sort, I'm no sure what). Shortly after, she got pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy.. Would you ever have expected that after 6 mc she would end up with 4 very healthy (and really good looking too, they are teenagers now) children? Even the doctor told her that the only explanation he could give her was that her baby boy was meant to come back.. I guess one must remember that all we can do is have a lot of faith, keep trying until it happens, and do everything that's in our hands and don't forget about what's not..

Hello ladies! I just wanted to update you on a few changes and plans for the book!

So, I have decided NOT to write about recurrent pregnancy loss for my PhD dissertation, however I WILL still be writing the book as a personal project. The main reason I decided to change is because I knew that writing about the topic for my PhD I would not be able to give the kind of attention to the topic that it deserves. There are so many requirements for methods, theory, etc. that for me, it felt like it was losing meaning, and I do NOT want to do that.

This is actually good news, because it means I get a bit more flexibility on how we do this.

As some of you have seen I have been so blessed to be carrying a healthy baby at the moment. The due date is January, so god willing, if all goes well, I will be starting maternity leave in the new year and will begin writing the book at that time. In the meantime, I am hoping to connect with each of you individually. My idea is that we could set up a phone conversation where I would ask you about your experiences. I will record everything and then in January, I will start transcribing and working on the book manuscript.

So, I will begin contacting you individually with the hopes that we can set up a time to Skype or Facetime, at your schedule completely! I will also write out a "waiver" so that you know exactly how the information will be used and you can decide then if you want to be confidential, choose a pseudonym (fake name), etc.

Hope that all sounds good...I am very excited about getting things going!

Wishing you all the best, healthiest and happiest wishes :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sounds great and congrats on your pegnancy! H&H 9 months to you! :)

Sounds good to me and thanks for giving us hope, love your profile pic and the little spoiler wishing you a great 9 months or 6 months to be precise :flower:

Well since I first posted on this thread I have now had another miscarriage. So now I have had miscarriages at:

4+1, 11+5, 15+4 and 13 weeks. These are what the babies measured they were all missed miscarriages, so the actual pregnancies went for a little bit more.

I'm starting to lose hope that I will actually be able to have a successful pregnancy again :(

Ginny don't lose hope hun, Hope Is Important!!

(I know where your coming from thou, I just try and not think about it, I don't let the thought enter my head, I constantly tell myself it will happen, one day :)

I think I go back and forwards, but since the last miscarriage I definitely have more 'it's not going to happen' moments. I really thought having the Clexane with the last pregnancy it was going to be the magic ingredient and it was going to work.

Hi! If you are still looking for other women who have had recurrent miscarriages, I would be more than willing to share my story. I had 4 first trimester losses in a year: two at 5 weeks, one at 6 weeks, and one at 9 weeks. I had never seen a heartbeat until my current pregnancy. Currently at 17 weeks, hoping that #5 is our take home baby, as ttc was a pretty rough patch of our lives. Hoping to finally be done with ttc for good!

I live in Vietnam, so a telephone interview might be difficult, however, as I said, I would be happy to share my whole story with you!

Hi! If you are still looking for other women who have had recurrent miscarriages, I would be more than willing to share my story. I had 4 first trimester losses in a year: two at 5 weeks, one at 6 weeks, and one at 9 weeks. I had never seen a heartbeat until my current pregnancy. Currently at 17 weeks, hoping that #5 is our take home baby, as ttc was a pretty rough patch of our lives. Hoping to finally be done with ttc for good!

I live in Vietnam, so a telephone interview might be difficult, however, as I said, I would be happy to share my whole story with you!

Hi Vietnamsie,

Thanks so much for your response. I'm SO pleased to hear this pregnancy is going well for you so far! I hope to be in touch with you in the future. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->