Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

dairy - why won't they prescribe steroids? they really aren't that big of a deal and what if they would be the key for you

hope-i don't think i knew that? sorry for the m/c. did you get any protocol to have another laparoscopy/hysteroscopy? I had a saline infusion test done recently and the septum is still gone but there was some kind of tissue in there, could be a little endometriosis or could be the septum trying to grow back. but if i ever wants to get pregs again i have to get that cleaned out

stuck - yes, so hard to do emotionally esp when you have a baby there that you want to give your attention to as well and give them a sibling (i'm super lucky to have had twins and grateful every second of the day). then it's like a fresh miscarriage just shocks you into remembering the awful times ttc for the first time then mc after mc and kind of takes you back to that place for awhile.

My OB won't prescribe them without the hematologist's say so and he won't prescribe them because I don't have any signs of known autoimmune issues. He also said he can't give them to me because I'm supposedly low in calcium from all of my pregnancies and miscarriages and being on steroids would further deplete me leading to bone issues. Doesn't matter that he only tested one blood level for autoimmune stuff, NEVER checked my calcium levels, and only said I should have a bone scan done to check for osteoporosis. My family tree is riddled with AI stuff and most of it is diagnosed later in life so I could have something and not show signs of it right now but nope, no steroids. :wacko: But whatever I guess. If I have another loss where I've seen the hb and I've been on blood thinners, I'm demanding steroids. I want to know I've tried everything possible to get to term and I can't see myself going through too many more pg with my history.

dairy - why won't they prescribe steroids? they really aren't that big of a deal and what if they would be the key for you

hope-i don't think i knew that? sorry for the m/c. did you get any protocol to have another laparoscopy/hysteroscopy? I had a saline infusion test done recently and the septum is still gone but there was some kind of tissue in there, could be a little endometriosis or could be the septum trying to grow back. but if i ever wants to get pregs again i have to get that cleaned out

stuck - yes, so hard to do emotionally esp when you have a baby there that you want to give your attention to as well and give them a sibling (i'm super lucky to have had twins and grateful every second of the day). then it's like a fresh miscarriage just shocks you into remembering the awful times ttc for the first time then mc after mc and kind of takes you back to that place for awhile.

I think that's the first time I have mentioned it on B&B tbh and I never said anything on the Facebook group either so you wouldn't have known x

I'm also back again with a little ntnp bean who has stopped developing early. Hoping this one will come on it's own. This was my first pregnancy since my rainbow born in 2015, despite not preventing, my longest ever stretch not pregnant!

Feeling kinda weary of all this, and almost 40, but still not able to close the door on having babies.

Hi ladies! I hope you won't mind a new member here.
I had miscarriage yesterday so still in the process of greiving.

babyjourney-I'm so sorry you find yourself here. :hugs: I'm Jill and I pop in here occasionally. I've had 10 m/c over 9 years partially due to a bleeding issue and hormone imbalances. I also have 3 rainbows and we're ttc #4. Have you had any testing done to see why you keep miscarrying?

Hope - I'm so sorry x

Dan-o - I'm so sorry, hope does come on its own (not that it makes it any easier) x

Babyjourney - I'm so sorry for your loss x

Dairymomma: I'am sorry for your losses. Must have been so hard for you.
I did get tested after my second loss. Cardiolipin Antiobodies (IgG, IgM, IgA), Lupus Anticoagulant, Prolactin, Thyroid. Everything was in normal range.

Blueblue: Really hoping for a miracle baby.

I was wondering if low levels of vit D can cause miscarriage? I did ask my Obg-gyn about it but he said it doesn't cause miscarriages.

babyjourney-yeah it's not been easy but I've got a hopeful heart.

I see you've had a few bleeding disorder tests done and your thyroid checked but have you had your progesterone levels tracked during your cycle and/or during pregnancy? Low progesterone in the first tri is a very common cause for early miscarriages and usually all you need is to take a supplement for the first few months. And have you had high NK cell testing done? Again, it's a common thing that can cause losses-though US doctors don't always think it's a 'thing' to worry about. Also, not all RMC tests are done depending on where you are located (UK doctors will often look more into things than US doctors will).

I'm not trying to be pushy, just curious, so feel free to tell me if I'm being too nosy. :haha:

Finding answers can be frustrating. I'm on mc #10 now (well waiting to MC anyway) and no answers at all! I'm told it's just pure bad luck!

I've also bled bad throughout 1st and 2nd trimester with 2 of my 3 successes. I'm told that's bad luck as well.

I've actually got a SCH again with this one, but it's stopped developing already so of no consequence.

Dairymomma : My first miscarriage was missed miscarriage, so it had nothing to do with progesterone. My Hcg and progesterone levels were perfectly fine. I didn't bleed at all not even spotted. While, the second and third happened because of hcg levels (Weren't doubling normally).
My Dr is US based so for now he asked me to get done with HSG just to see the anatomy and the last option for him is Karyotyping. He doesn't believe in NK testing, I'll ask him once i get to seem him. He did say that "You're young so that's a very very good thing"

Oh! no, no you can ask anything. I really appreciate your concern.

Dan-o : I'am sorry that you had such a tough time.

Baby-Yeah, it sounds like progesterone isn't an issue. I just asked because it's a common cause and it's relatively easily fixed. And don't be afraid to ask your doctor to do other tests. I found out about my bleeding issue because I kept asking my OB to test me for things he didn't think I needed. He still doesn't think it's my problem but the hematologist I see now too said otherwise. And hope you find out what's going on. RMC isn't fun and it can be even worse when you don't have a reason.

I'll ask my doctor to go for complete hormonal profile. I did ask him for MTHFR, Heparin S but he said that you don't have to get it done and that is just so weird of him for not letting me do it. Whats bad in getting tested, at least i'll know its not the causuative factor of miscarriage and shall give me much needed peace.

The thing with MTHFR is that if you are homozygous for the C677T mutation, it directly affects how much folic acid your body can process. This means you are chronically low in folate and the deficiency is what triggers the clotting issues.

Neither of my doctors commented on the deficiency and they only prescribed high dose folate for the next time I'm pg. However, it makes TOTAL sense to me that this would contribute to my RMC issues and it's not just all the clotting stuff because folate is extremely necessary for proper fetal brain development. If you are low in folate and you get pregnant, then there's even less for the baby to get as it's forming in those early weeks/months and if something goes wrong because of the lack of folate, then it makes sense that it would lead to a miscarriage. Right?! But tell that to my doctors. They are focused solely on the bleeding issue. And since they are medical professionals, they have to be right, correct? :shrug:

I say, if you want the test done, even if it's just for peace of mind, then press for it. As you say, it can't hurt and if it comes back negative, then it's something else you can check off the list.

Trigger warning-

Hello ladies!! I don't know if any of you remember me...I haven't been on in over a year. After quite a roller coaster and pretty complicated pregnancy, I delivered my RAINBOW baby boy prematurely in February :cloud9: I think of you all often. :hugs:

Radiance I remember!! How are you love? I often wondered about our little group of ladies. I feel alone in this now but so glad to see you have your rainbow boy with you!

Radiance I remember!! How are you love? I often wondered about our little group of ladies. I feel alone in this now but so glad to see you have your rainbow boy with you!

I'm doing good overall. My grief did intensify since having him so I am struggling emotionally a bit. I'll definitely be checking in on all of you. I never thought I would have another living baby. I ended up getting in a car accident at 7 weeks which caused some detachment. Thankfully that healed quickly only to have a gushing incident shy of 11 weeks (the day I found out gender via blood work). I went into labor at 18 weeks, contractions slowly faded during the following two weeks. Then I started having randon gushes around 22-24 weeks. Every time it happened I was admitted for a day and night. By 26 weeks I had no measurable cervix and by 31 weeks my water had broken and I was dilated 3. I had contractions on and off until I was induced the day before 34 weeks. I would love one more in the future but I am so scared of going through a loss again...absolutely terrified. Now that I have him I have no clue how I stayed so strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->