Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Congratulations, stardust!!!!!!!
Will you be seeing your local consultant/EPU?
You're on the heparin injections, right? (sorry, I keep confusing people so may have got this wrong) aspirin, high dose folic acid, lots of tlc and :dust:
Sending you loads of PMA for this one to stick xxx

Its hard to keep up with everyone and individual meds and stuff LOL

I was given all the progesterone, asprin and clexane with the 4th pregnancy but only as I had slightly raised blood test for the clotting (he wanted me to have this repeated 3 months after miscarrage to definately confirm) this was suppsed to be beginning of April :blush: so now I am pregnant before the test I dont know what to do. I can either try and get it from my gp who by my records thinks I am still pregnant as I never went to her regarding 4th loss as it was early and straightforward, or by doing the right thing I should tell hospital and get them to precribe me again properly. awwwww nightmare!

call the hospital they will understand and prescribe it for you your GP might get confused with dosages ect at it is usually a hospital request prescription x

Congratulations Satrdust and 9 babies sending you hugs, hope you're feeling better.
I'm really struggling to cope at the moment too :(

Massive hugs to 9babies and Leec :hugs:

its just a cruel world and I cant believe how much we have all been through. Still going through!
x

Thanks Stardust, I will be keeping everything crossed for you honey xxx

Hi girls finally had my d and c done! Am shattered! All ok as far as I no! Got some pain killers so fxd! Bit sore! Need lots of tlc from hubby! So pleased for u stardust! I'm bit light headed but other than that bit numb not sure if it's sunk in yet! Xx

Glad u r doing ok Daviess3, been thinking of you. The worst part of the operation is the anaesthetic, it made me feel tired and drained for well over a week. You shouldnt have too much bleeding, I had far worse from natural mc. Take it easy and enjoy some tlc from your hubby
xxx

Hey Startdust - congratulations - let's hope we see lots of each other in pg forums!!!

LeeC and 9 babies - BIG HUGS to you both - you will get through and I know how bloody hard it is sometimes but you are great women who won't be beaten by this!

davies - sorry to hear you've had to go through an ERPC - it's a rotten time I know - thinking of you

Having reread a bit Stardust - here's my story in brief - after 3 MMCs and 2 chems and having tried just aspirin I begged my gynae to give me cyclogest and prednisolone (steroid treatment for NKcells) when I got pg without any testing. I started them all at 14 dpo - all I can say is so far so good - I'm at least a week further along than I have been in my last pgs and I'm hoping something in the experiement has made the difference - this is my last go before I give up and I wanted to throw everything at it - I'm also not working until 15 weeks as lovely GP thought it was for the best. Good luck and ask if you need any more info

Thanks Chilli, it's so hard and just hits you like a truck sometimes, I've really struggled after this loss, I suppose it's knowing that it's my 6th loss and times is ticking for me and I wonder if it will ever happen.
I have cyclogest 400mg, and am going to beg my ob for prednisolone, to try with aspirin for next cycle.
The cyclogest def helped my last pg, as I got further than ever, just implanted in wrong place :(
It's reassuring to see this combination is working for you, I am hoping this is your time, it sounds very positive, I'm sure it will work out and am so happy for you, hoping it will work for me next time xxx.

Leec i have just had my 3rd mc so sorry you been through that 6 times i cant imagine how u feel!! Im numb right now its not hit me yet!! Soz to mayb ask u a silly question but you put that cyclogest helped you an this time was the furthest u got, i was taken that but unfortunately the sac grew but baby didnt hence my d and c today!! But you think ur baby implanted in thw wrong place, i wonder if thats the same as me, would i benefit from iui then coz they implant it for u is that right? xx

Davies,
With IUI they don't implant for you, they just help you get the swimmers to the right place so you can conceive. You have proven that you can conceive so that's one less thing to worry about. I think you need to have a full evaluation by your recurrent miscarriage clinic. Look after yourself and take it easy over the next week or so xxx

Lee, sending you big :hug: This is not an easy journey and your last loss was truly tragic. By the sounds of it, you might have the right cocktail mix now and hopefully your next pregnancy will settle nicely in your womb and keep growing nicely xxx

Wish I had a magic wand for us all here - it's so damn easy for some people and yet so hard for all of us here!

Thanks for your wishes LeeC - I'm starting to hope this might even be the end of the nightmare for me at last

fxd for you chilli xx
Thankyou petitpas i dont really noo how any of this works to be honest!! I did have to take clomid to get preggers!! I didnt really no about iui ivf injectables etc!! I felt quite knowlegable to no about progesterone suppositries lol!! Thank u for any info all appreciated xx

Hi Daviess3, my last pg was ectopic and my right tube was removed, just unlucky I guess.
Petipas answered your question, there is no guarantee that baby will implant, even with IVF baby can still implant in tube.
I really feel your frustration, I have read so much about recurrent m/c's and feel that the progesterone which I will start to take just after I ov, with the prednisone and aspirin is my final option, although I can't imagine giving up ttc despite the pain I am feeling right now.
Thank you for your words of comfort and bless you when you are going through so mu h yourself. I hope you are finding the advice and everyones experiences on here helpful.
I think you should discuss all the possible options with your ob and demand they take some form of action.

Chilli and Petipas, thank you for your kind words of comfort.
X

Prednisone is a tablet or an injection?? I have already got the ball rolling with the referal to recurent mc consultant person so feel pos bout that an thats who stardust is seeing to.

I mentioned yest that with my d and c that i had tablets etc an that they sent me home in end an then i went back today an was one of the first down but they didnt do tablets again i did mention it an they said it wasnt nec but would check!!! They lost my notes yest then doc wasnt aware of my history etc i feel like they had to many patients not enough staff i did feel for them they are all so lovely. Is that right that i would need more tablets! I bloody hope so coz its to late now!! X

Davies, I had 4 d&cs last year and didn't have the opening/softening tablets at all. Not all docs use them but I think the further along you are, the more likely they will want them.
Hope you're recovering as well as you can with your OH :hugs:

Thank u panic over!! Hubby brought me the biggest box of fererro rocher so i ate 3/4 an now in bed with big glass of water hot water bottle an laptop he is sleeping on sofa so i can chill bless him x

Mine comes in tablet form - each tablet is 5mg so I take 4 every morning after breakfast with my aspirin - pretty easy considering it might mean I get a baby this time! Started on BFP and cutting down 5 mg every 3 days from 12 weeks: ie 15mg for 3 days, 10 for 3 days, 5 for 3 days and then none - yikes!!!!!!!!

Hi Daviess3, use it's a tablet, it's a type of steroid generally prescribed for athiritis and asthma, but somehow has a success in recurrent m/c in particular with regards to NK cell testing.
I'm seeing my ob for follow up after operation for ectopic pg and am hoping to get these too, as I really have nothing left to lose apart from my sanity, or what's left of it.

Thanks Chilli, was good to hear what mg you were prescribed and for how long before my appt, are you on Cyclogest too. I have 400
mg and will be taking 100mg aspirin too next time.
Time is dragging I'm desperate to get pg again, hoping losing my right tube doesn't effect my fertility, my gyno said not, but you hear so much conflicting info... I must have read every article on the net!!!
I'm feeling slightly better today but still very weepy.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->