Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Mandy, how scary! I'm so glad your scan was ok and did not show an obvious cause for bleeding! I am keeping my fingers crossed that your beanie will keep on growing and growing and end up as a healthy bubs :hugs:

Goodgirl, I think it is great that you are continuing to research everything. I'm a bit like you in that I usually end up taking long lists of questions to my doctors, too.
Still, if you permit a little criticism, I didn't much rate the link you posted. The doctor claims he can cure diabetes and prevent all kinds of diseases if you buy his book and follow his diet. While I do believe that a good diet will help your health a lot, the way this doctor goes about things completely puts me off any research he posts.

I'm not saying that the doctor is wrong, it's just that I personally find him and his site somewhat off-putting. I did check up some of the journal articles he cited and they seemed perfectly legitimate (although they did not uniformally recommend stopping folic acid while ttc-ing and in early pregnancy like that doctor does)

In general, it would seem that the risk for breast cancer might be a little increased, but with a reduction of neural tube defects of over 70% when taking folic acid I know what I choose!

Thank you for opening up the discussion, though! Just reading it all up today I feel like I learned a lot and as a result when not pregnant or ttc, I don't think I would specifically choose a multivitamin with high levels of folic acid.

Lee, I'm starting on the progesterone this evening - eek!

Mandy, how scary! I'm so glad your scan was ok and did not show an obvious cause for bleeding! I am keeping my fingers crossed that your beanie will keep on growing and growing and end up as a healthy bubs :hugs:

Goodgirl, I think it is great that you are continuing to research everything. I'm a bit like you in that I usually end up taking long lists of questions to my doctors, too.
Still, if you permit a little criticism, I didn't much rate the link you posted. The doctor claims he can cure diabetes and prevent all kinds of diseases if you buy his book and follow his diet. While I do believe that a good diet will help your health a lot, the way this doctor goes about things completely puts me off any research he posts.

I'm not saying that the doctor is wrong, it's just that I personally find him and his site somewhat off-putting. I did check up some of the journal articles he cited and they seemed perfectly legitimate (although they did not uniformally recommend stopping folic acid while ttc-ing and in early pregnancy like that doctor does)

In general, it would seem that the risk for breast cancer might be a little increased, but with a reduction of neural tube defects of over 70% when taking folic acid I know what I choose!

Thank you for opening up the discussion, though! Just reading it all up today I feel like I learned a lot and as a result when not pregnant or ttc, I don't think I would specifically choose a multivitamin with high levels of folic acid.

Lee, I'm starting on the progesterone this evening - eek!

I went further, but as I read other doctor's post, I said to myself who do I believe????? Lol....My next step is to go ahead and get pregnant again and take nothing until i have test done. I'm also gonna try to stay in bed every day majority of the day until my 12th week and get my cerclage done. After I'm heal I will start back doing some clients hair. I gotta come up with a plan for myself and see how it does me and keep a journal. I definitely won't be having any kind of sex. I don't care if my man leaves me! I want my miracle baby and I'm going to have him or her. :baby:

Hi Petitpas.

What progesterone are you starting, I'm on Cyclogest 400mg every evening, it's a pessary so a bit messy (sorry tmi) but there definitly isn't anything glamorous about pg anyway, well, not in my experience!!!

I have heard that on the PROMISE trials they are giving 400mg twice daily, but I suppose I can ask Prof Quenby about this when I see her in a couple of weeks, as she is very prominent in the trials.

I definitly think that it was the progesterone that got me so far along last time, shame the pg implanted in the tube (how bloody unlucky after 5 m/c's) :(

As you know, I got BFN this cycle so stopped the progesterone last Thursday but I will be back on it for 30th when I ov.

I am at Prof Quenbys on 13th May, so will see if she advises I take the steroids too, hoping that I have my BFP by then.

Keep me posted on how you get on with it and any sides, xxx

Mandy, I hope you are feeling much better today and everything has settled down, still thinking of you xxx.

hi girls,

very little bleeding overnight....just spotting really and dark brown.
putting my feet up till tuesday! boobs still uncomfortable, I'm impatient now for tuesday to come., this ttc if nothing else teaches you a few lessons in patience..
keep you all posted. xxxx

Mandy, I should take some lessons from you. I am so impatient, grrr!!!
I feel like I spend my life waiting, make sure you take it easy and keep us posted xxx

the midwife phoned back, she had spoken to the consultant about the asprin. He says it is not proven if it does or does not prevent miscarriage with women who dont have a clotting disorder, nothing new there then,... so it was my choice whether to continue taking it or not, so I've decided I will..
I've never seen a gestational sac or yolk sac so far at my early scans, although also I've never been for a scan before on the day of bleeding, so I'm taking being on asprin as a positive thing along with now taking thyroxine..they checked my thyroid levels also and they are fine.
Got dark brown blood and one old clot earlier when I wiped (tmi..!)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Mandy.... put your feet up hun and best of luck for Tues!

leeC I was on 400mg 2 times a day of cyclogest for this one....

Aaaargh! I am so frustrated!!

So, my referral letter to Dr Quenby that I thought was sent off 2.5weeks ago is in actual fact still sitting on the doctors desk! This is the Dr who hasn't returned any of my calls/messages in 4 weeks since my MC was diagnosed. He also refuses to entertain my requests for treatment such as progesterone - well, that was after #4, as I haven't seen him at all during or after #5. My GP is lovely and sympathetic but actually completely useless. Why does no one want to help me??!! It's no wonder 1/3 of women in recurrent MC clinics are clinically depressed - don't we have enough to deal with?

Thank goodness for the internet (I've taken to downloading academic journals to read) and forums like this, otherwise I would be completely helpless. Feelinf abandoned and very, very fed up.

PS - Mandy, hope things are going okay, just keep thinking postive xxx

PPS - Sorry for the major rant - just read that back and it sounds terrible, but actually I do feel better for typing it (just sorry you all have to read it!). Thanks for putting up with me! xx

hey Clare, dont worry about the rant! if you cant do it here, where can you do it hey!!!

It sometimes (actually nearly always) feels like nobody wants to help, nobody wants to listen and its the most frustrating and painful experience anyone can go thorugh. I am one of the clinically depressed you are talking about :rofl: all becuase of rcm. Thank god for our bnb sisters.

I hope your appointment will come through soon though.

mandy, thinking of you and hoping all is ok on Tuesday. I had spotting at week5 with this pregnancy and now I am 10 weeks this saturday and baby is doing great. I have another early scan Tuesday aswell (shi**ing myself!!)

Hi ClaireH.

Maybe you should look to change GP, can you get a recommendation from anyone? I cannot believe you are still waiting for the appt, my gp actually faxed the referral over and the appt came back so quickly, as you know I had to cancel the first one.

I am so annoyed for you, I was really hoping you would get your appt the same time as me, it's so unfair, how ever area/gp has a different process and set of rules.

You are entitled to a 2nd opinion and to the referral, jeez I really want to have a word with your gp.

Apologies, now you have me on a rant, sorry I didn't pm, but I will tonight. Keep your chin up, we have enough to deal with, without fighting against the bloody system.

And stardust you right, at least we have each other xxx

PPS - Sorry for the major rant - just read that back and it sounds terrible, but actually I do feel better for typing it (just sorry you all have to read it!). Thanks for putting up with me! xx

Claire, I couldnt have put it better myself... I get you on this.

my gp last year was a total plonker, was only interested in starting me on antidepressants, every time I went in I'd be asked, had to politely tell him that a couple of pills wouldnt change my circumstances... I think I'll be the judge of whether I'm depressed or not..
I really think he must have been recieving back handers from a drug company, life was'nt that great last year with one thing or another and I had to involve my gp but honestly I pick myself up and dust myself down, I have good support from friends and family, anyhow since I started seeing another gp in the same practice, I feel I have someone who is fighting in my corner with me.

Maybe if you could Claire you should change your gp, he sounds so dis interested, there are caring gps out there honey, you deserve the best care.xxxxxxxxxxx

Just popping by quickly: I'm on 400mg cyclogest daily.
Had my first dose last night. This morning at 5am I went to the loo in the dark, saved some urine in my cup to poas later if I fancied, climbed back into bed. When I got up properly I had such a fright when I had what looked like fat bubbles swimming in my wee :shock:
It took me a long long while to realise what those white waxy bubbles were :dohh:

I have to wear liners every day now as I am leaking this permanently :rofl: as you can imagine I am an obessive knicker checker anyway so when i feel what feels like liquid I panic, surprised I dont hve a rash from too much wiping!

Yep liners are my bf for 2 weeks of every month, welcome to progesterone Petitpas lol... x

Yep definitely need those. I am off of progesterone till tomorrow when I think my doctor is putting me back on it.

hate this 2ww! and hate it reminding me of what I Lost.

9babies, I am now on CD3, this last 2ww was just awful, I was convinced I was pg this month, what a slap in the face getting that BFN.
Keeping my fx'd for you x

9babies, I am now on CD3, this last 2ww was just awful, I was convinced I was pg this month, what a slap in the face getting that BFN.

uggh I am sorry sweetie. sending :dust: and :hugs: hope htis next cycle is better to you nad you get that :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->