Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Tasha im not sure whether we spoke before i dont think we had but i cant imagine what today will be like for you, im so so sorry, an i just wanted you to no im thinking about you today, and i no nothing I say will make you feel any different but like other girls have said we are here to support you when your ready. Big Hugs xxx

Morning girls... Tasha that is such devastating news., I hope they can find out some answers for you with this little baby...watching the news yesterday really upset me dud any of you watch the story on still births in this country being higher than any other developed country? I am absolutely appalled...and angry also that the uk are lacking in it's care for these babies.. Though apparently the numbers have increase since the 1990's., what the hell is going wrong.!?
I am taking baby aspirin throughout since January with no breaks I've read it helps with healthy eggs and is good for womb lining., anyhow all of my m/cs happen around the 5 weeks so I thought the damage may already have happened with my bean at this stage I think I am around 4 wks 5 days., also on thyroxine now for a mild thyroid disorder. Am happy to report no bleeding or cramping so far., still very early days for me but am taking every new day as a positive., have a scan at 6 weeks and then 8 weeks to keep me going.. I am lurking now in first trimester but am never away from this thread to keep up with how you all are.. Xxxxxxxxxxc

sorry tasha yet again! I am so so sorry for your loss.
I know how hard it can be, I lost 11 babies so far!!! :cry:
I am so so sorry, I never lost them that far along, so I am so dang sorry for you. praying for you and sending you big :hugs:

and my stupid ttc journey, is sucky bc no positive opk anytime soon, not yesterday or today :cry:
my body hates me.

Mandy congrats on your new BFP. I hope this all works for you. Like everyone on here I just want us all to be ok. The journey is just heartbreaking over and over again and it isnt fair.

i never see this tv programme but I wish I had (if that makes sense) anything like this makes you sit and think and maybe question things yourself if need be.

Tash, I am thinking about you today. I cannot imagine how hard it must be.

9babies, always thinking of you hun.

Davies, Sorry for delay in replying to your question. I have no internet at the moment and just logging on at my mums until its fixed this weekend. DAM BT!

Clexane is a blood thinner (injected in to the stomach) I will need to do this everyday and even 6 weeks after delivery. I had a raised level on one of my blood tests that showed I may have sticky blood, which can cause miscarriage and usually after heartbeats are detected (as in 2 of my 4 miscarriages) but because I am pregnant the doctor explained I cannot be tested again but they like 2 raised levels before confirming if you have the problem. so raaj just said I should use the clexane as a precaution and to maximise my chances of a successful pregnancy. I am 9 weeks tomorrow and my scan showed a healthy baby measuring perfectly and heart beat is strong. I will be re scanned in 2 weeks and then agaiin at the regular 12 week one. I still have to get past 12 as this was the length of my first pregnancy and baby made it to 10+5. still feeling very worried but symtoms are stronger than ever and that is somewhat reassuring.

Tasha, so sorry for you loss, I am thining about you x

Mandy, congratulations honey xxx

Thank you for your kind messages girls. Riley Rae was born sleeping yesterday at 7.15am, at 24 weeks and 3 days weighing a tiny 340grams. I hope she is with her big sister Honey x

Oh tasha beautiful names for beautiful angels, xx thinking of you xx
Stardust so so pleased for you thanks for the info got my appointment today for my scan got 2 weeks to call an have it so first thing monday i will be on the phone i feel like somethins finally happening!!!
Mandy congrats hun xx

Tasha, big hugs to you and your OH.
Floaty kisses to Riley Rae. Judging from your beautiful avatar pic, she was a little cutie xxx

I want to say that I'm so sorry about all the new losses. A girl that I know was pregnant with twins. She goes to the doctor to find out what she was having and discovers both of the babies dead.

We both went to the same Obg. I found out that the doc has more malpractices lawsuits against him in our town!!! WTFlip!!!

This is so unusual and there's too many miscarriages going on and no answers! I have grown oh so tired of this.

Is it true that a woman with a high iron count shouldn't take aspirin and folic acid???? My iron count was 13 and another doctor told me I shouldn't have ever been given folic acid or aspirin with an iron count that high.....My mind is so full and wants to explode!!!

I think I'm gonna get a lawyer and get this all looked into because I believe I was yet another ginny pig!!!!!

Tasha, words can't convey what you must be going through. I am so sorry. I am sure you beautiful angels are now together and watching over you. God bless you xxx

Goodgirl, I was given iron supplements following on from my operation, I have been taking these along with folic acid, although I did notice in the information it said do not take with iron, so I'm glad you have broached this subjuect and would be interested in any further info, perhaps I'll call my gp on Monday and ask.
Thanks x

Tasha I am certain gorgoeus Rily Rae will be watching over you with her beautiful Sister Honey. Pouring love down on you their brave Mummy xx

Goodgirl, I just asked Dr Google and it came up with a pharmacy website that stated there was no evidence that taking iron supplements and aspirin together causes any problems. Many pregnant women are given this combination. Indeed, if I became anemic during pregnancy I'd be put on iron pills in addition to DOUBLE baby aspirin, a super strong 5mg folic acid dose AND blood thinning injections on top.
I understand that you are upset about your miscarriage and are looking to see whether there is a cause so that you can eliminate it in your next pregnancy. But in my honest opinion I think the ER doctor you saw did not know what he was talking about and has got you worked up for all the wrong reasons. Maybe instead of getting a lawyer you could make an appointment with another obgyn for a review of your case? Get them to look at your bloodwork and give them all the information you can get about the pregnancy to see whether they would change your treatment plan for your next pregnancy. Hopefully, as this obgyn is more qualified to talk about the subject than the ER person or your lawyer this consultation will put your mind at ease that you didn't do anything wrong to hurt your baby.
Take care, hon. It's not easy xxx

I have spend the past week reading through parts of this thread. Its so encouraging to see that so many ladies have gone on to have healthy babies after so much heartache.

I have to say lots of this thread brought tears to my eyes, its so sad to hear of so many losses.

I see there are quite a few ladies here from glasgow and scotland, LeeC finding it interesting and quite worrying about the problems you have had in glasgow, i am usually in glasgow but have been living up north for the past year as hubby got a job here, all my MMC have been here are i have just started testing, but planning on moving back to glasgow in a few months again for hubbys work.

I am a bit worried about how testing and treatment will go if i transfer here, my consultant here is so wonderful and started all the testing for me.

tasha and padbrat so sorry for your recent losses. x x x x

Goodgirl, I just asked Dr Google and it came up with a pharmacy website that stated there was no evidence that taking iron supplements and aspirin together causes any problems. Many pregnant women are given this combination. Indeed, if I became anemic during pregnancy I'd be put on iron pills in addition to DOUBLE baby aspirin, a super strong 5mg folic acid dose AND blood thinning injections on top.
I understand that you are upset about your miscarriage and are looking to see whether there is a cause so that you can eliminate it in your next pregnancy. But in my honest opinion I think the ER doctor you saw did not know what he was talking about and has got you worked up for all the wrong reasons. Maybe instead of getting a lawyer you could make an appointment with another obgyn for a review of your case? Get them to look at your bloodwork and give them all the information you can get about the pregnancy to see whether they would change your treatment plan for your next pregnancy. Hopefully, as this obgyn is more qualified to talk about the subject than the ER person or your lawyer this consultation will put your mind at ease that you didn't do anything wrong to hurt your baby.
Take care, hon. It's not easy xxx

The ER doctor didn't give me that piece of information. I went to another Obg and he gave me this information. An iron count of 13 is very high. Folic acid and aspirin together with an iron count that high is very harmful to the mother and unborn child. My Obg thought I had some type of syndrome and when my blood work came back it was all negative. I have never been given anything during my pregnancies. I don't have a problem with the baby developing. A simple cerclage would have taken care of my problem which was suppose to have been done on my 12th week and the other obg that works there changed it and said everything looked great and low and behold a month later I go into silent labor as I have done with my other pregnancies as well.

The aspirin thinned out my blood so bad till I almost died. All of a sudden when I go back for a follow up they tell me, we will never give you aspirin ever again. It's not for every pregnant woman, and you're one of them! Now u tell me what's wrong with this picture?? I goes back for a 6 weeks exam and the Obg doctors stresses me to never take aspirin during or after my pregnancy.

I have gotten a 3 different opinions and I think legal action is now the most appropriate thing to seek.

Goodgirl, I was given iron supplements following on from my operation, I have been taking these along with folic acid, although I did notice in the information it said do not take with iron, so I'm glad you have broached this subjuect and would be interested in any further info, perhaps I'll call my gp on Monday and ask.
Thanks x

LeeC
I have always had a very high iron count. It being between 13 and 14. I have never been anemia in my life until I lost 5 units of blood after I went into silent labor. They gave me some iron pills to take but I didn't take them. I let everything produced naturally. My iron count is now back at 14. :happydance:

I am now currently collecting all the information that I can on folic acid and aspirin given to healthy pregnant women. I will keep u posted.

Hi goodgirl, I stand corrected. Sorry, I should have gone back and read up what you posted earlier. :blush:
I hope that all goes well in your next pregnancy and that you get the cerclage you need (without the aspirin) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->