Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Got results from pm. Baby had downs. Have taken bloods from me and dh to confirm that neither have any genetic probs but Dr said that does not think this will be case and no reason why cant start trying again. Said that early m/c and absorbing twin were very common and that obv late loss was due to baby having downs.

Got results from pm. Baby had downs. Have taken bloods from me and dh to confirm that neither have any genetic probs but Dr said that does not think this will be case and no reason why cant start trying again. Said that early m/c and absorbing twin were very common and that obv late loss was due to baby having downs.

I am so very sorry. xoxoxoox :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi ladies, sorry I've not been about much have been trying to keep my anxiety under control about this pregnancy and stay positive. Luckily I have made it to 13 weeks and just hope I keep going for another 27!

I have heard that on the PROMISE trials they are giving 400mg twice daily, but I suppose I can ask Prof Quenby about this when I see her in a couple of weeks, as she is very prominent in the trials.

my EPU dr told me about this before I got pregnant and she said she'd prescribe me the 800mg/day. When I told her I was pregnant a few weeks later she then decided on 400mg/day as she wasn't sure about 800mg as per the PROMISE trial. Sadly I wasn't a candidate for the trial as I have a reason for my miscarriages (clotting) but I think any dose of progesterone 400-800 won't hurt and if anything makes you feel you're doing all you can for that pregnancy. 150mg of aspirin and 400mg of progesterone have got me this far, so I'm not complaining!

I want to wish everyone lots of :hugs: I hope we all get our happy endings soon x

I want to say this. Our lives are just like a roller coaster.We have our ups and we have our downs. When we are down, Gods is only preparing for us what he has for us when he raises us back to the top. I'm asking him to send us all some HOPE from Heaven down here on earth. I believe in my heart that we all are going to be healed and get our miracle babies.

For all of the ladies here that have carried their babies to the 13th week or 2nd trimester and have went into early labor, have you talked to your Obg about getting a cerclage done???

I talked with my old Obg and he told me that if a woman has ever gotten a D&C she would need to take in great consideration about getting this procedure done. There are different cerclages. I did a google search and found out that it has helped a lot of women by 85% that have had recurrent miscarriages.

I thought I'd share that!!!

ah cinders, your wait is over now and you have the answers you and your partner were needing....god bless your little angel..xxxx

Thank you for well wishes, finding out reasons why he died has certainly been beneficial to me. Consultant said something yesterday to me. Said you will never forget him but you need to accept you have lost him and move on. That when trying for another baby that needs to be your focus and hopefully that any future pregnancies would go smoothly but if any problems did occur and still had not accepted previous losses that it would consume you. I know I am not ready to give up being a mother wether it be natural, through ivf or even adoption. My ttc journey is not over yet. I have his 3 scan pics, a little hat, a cuddly toy his memory blanket and a little prayer card (I am not religious but someone who knows my aunt gave it to her to give me. It is a prayer about being a mother) in a little fancy box. I have it put away in my wardrobe. To remind me that I will never forgot him and I will have a think about him every day but he can't be my main focus any more. He has spread his wings and moved on and so must I. Need to throw myself into getting my body and mind into the best shape I can for trying again.

Thank you for well wishes, finding out reasons why he died has certainly been beneficial to me. Consultant said something yesterday to me. Said you will never forget him but you need to accept you have lost him and move on. That when trying for another baby that needs to be your focus and hopefully that any future pregnancies would go smoothly but if any problems did occur and still had not accepted previous losses that it would consume you. I know I am not ready to give up being a mother wether it be natural, through ivf or even adoption. My ttc journey is not over yet. I have his 3 scan pics, a little hat, a cuddly toy his memory blanket and a little prayer card (I am not religious but someone who knows my aunt gave it to her to give me. It is a prayer about being a mother) in a little fancy box. I have it put away in my wardrobe. To remind me that I will never forgot him and I will have a think about him every day but he can't be my main focus any more. He has spread his wings and moved on and so must I. Need to throw myself into getting my body and mind into the best shape I can for trying again.

Thank you for posting this - it has made me realise a few things :flower:

xx

Cinders, you have put that so well. Sometimes, I feel a little guilty for moving on to thinking about the next pregnancy, but you are absolutely right - our angels will never be forgotten but we've got to accept and move on (some days that's easier said than done!). You sound like you've had a tough time and I am so impressed and inspired by your stength xxx

Hi all. Just wanted to pop in as not been on in a while. I am now waiting for AF after yet another chemical. I feel so cheated this time as we did everything right and took progesterone from 3dpo, heparin and aspirin from 9dpo, didn't drink at all in the 2ww and still all the positive tests have gradually faded away to nothing. I'm so tired of being me. I just wish I could do the one thing women's bodies are meant to be able to do. I feel like I am letting my husband down every time. All in all, feeling a bit miserable.

girls devastated--just found out I have a chromosome problem, only 1 in 4 of my eggs will be chromosomally normal, wasnt expecting this at all

any of you have this?

Brillbride, I believe padbrat has a chromosomal problem.

Lambs, my heart goes out to you. I can't wait to give you a big hug in a few hours time xxx

Brillbride- What type of chromosomal problem did they say you have? I'm so sorry to hear this. Like petit pas said, I believe Padbrat has one as well. So sorry to hear this. I've heard of others with problems that do still have healthy pregnancies so don't lose hope.

Lamb- so sorry you are going through this again :hugs:

yes I have a translocated chromosome and only 25% of my babies will be normal.

It is crap.

All my babies have died, despite as Lambs so rightly points out we do everything right... stick needles in our stomachs, pop pills and every other thing that science wants from us... and it never makes any difference.

Sorry if I am not giving you much reassurance... I don't mean to be horrible. And it is a shock to discover.

Sorry ladies... am angry at the world and it is not shifting with the passing of the weeks. I am just hoping that I get some answers from this one.

Thanks girls for all the replies, I have a translocation on my number 8 and 11, one part has latched onto the other, I have had 3 MC's. Told that ICSI with PGD is the best option at 10 grand!!!!!!

we are still in shock, slowly coming to terms with things...xxx

So sorry for your news brillbride. I'm sorry i dont know anything about chromosome things
10 grand?? thats a crazy number.

We are waiting on our results coming back in june.

Sending you a big hug.

Yep that is what we were told too... mine is a bit of inert Y on one of my X chrosomes... which replaces a missing part of X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->