Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hi Widger I know they dont do SA as part of RM testing this was part of our fertility testing. Apparently a weak sperm can cause miscarriage - how I dont know !

Anyway he done it today xxxx

https://infertility.suite101.com/article.cfm/a_mans_role_in_recurrent_miscarriage

Bloody hell well I never !!

I often wondered if I had "weak embryos" it would put a slight edge on some of the questions I have

thanks for that hunni xxx

Hi Widger I know they dont do SA as part of RM testing this was part of our fertility testing. Apparently a weak sperm can cause miscarriage - how I dont know !

Anyway he done it today xxxx

https://infertility.suite101.com/article.cfm/a_mans_role_in_recurrent_miscarriage

Bloody hell well I never !!

I often wondered if I had "weak embryos" it would put a slight edge on some of the questions I have

thanks for that hunni xxx

No probs. I was pretty taken aback when I read that too. I knew that weak eggs could cause miscarriage, so it stands to reason a weak sperm could too, just never really thought about it before. Very interesting study they did there.

I never thought about that either! No wonder the FS stuck my DH straight on super sperm maker even though he was getting me pregnant every second cycle!

That is really interesting about the male role!

My DH has to have another SA and I was secretly glad coz of all the prodding and poking we have to go through!
We're back to the clinic in 6weeks - we have to decide on IUI or IVF but were told that our chances with IVF were better coz of my one tube. PLus at 37 IUI would waste a load more time.
I had an internal scan (not nice on CD1 - yes :witch: turned up on time) and they looked at my ovarian reserve and it is normal so I am very pleased with that :)
I also told doc about my spotting before AF (from 3dpo up to AF this month!) and she said normally docs aren't bothered about it but for IVF they are and they will be checking my progesterone levels at different points in the LP.

So I've still got a few months to try naturally.

Nickynoonoo - Congrats on your pregnancy. I know how difficult it is in the beginning stages getting pregnant again. After my rmc testing I was told that it was 'just bad luck' too and thankfully pregnancy number 4 for me has been successful so far. I know how frustrating it can be getting that... 'everything is normal' answer. In some respects you are so grateful that there isn't anything wrong, but then can you really be that unlucky?

Are you going to take anything this pregnancy? Aspirin? Cyclogest pessaries? What did they say at your appointment? Good luck. Remember that there is no reason to suggest that this pregnancy will end like the others.

By the way - I did not feel pregnant AT all this time until I was 18 weeks and I could feel movement... I promise you hugs:

Thank you Widger and Hedgewitch for your support :hugs:

I have had some AF pains tonight so am obviuosly knicker checking in a frenzy. Sorry if TMI but I swear I couldn't get any higher with the toilet roll if I tried!! And then inspecting under the bathroom light!! I'm sure you've all done it...:dohh:

I took baby Asprin with MC #3, didn't work for me, but then I know I don't have a sticky blood problem. The EPAU told me to, as I went to them for an early scan after MC #2. They did say it was more a case of 'it won't do any harm and may help if you think you are doing something'....So I'm not taking anything except doubling up on folic acid. My diet is very good (I follow slimming world!) and I am a healthy BMI. I am 38 though?.............??????

RMC said there is nothing else they can do for me, they don't consider progesterone etc as there is no research & evidence to support it????

With MC#3, my twin sacs continued to grow, one empty and the other fetal pole disappeared. No sign of bleeding at all. I desperately don't want that again, D&C terrified me.

I just remember with my boys (from prev marriage) my boobs hurt all the time and I was constantly sick. And I haven't had that with any of these subsequent pregnancies.

Thank you again, and many many congratulations Widger xxxxxx

nicky hope you are ok? I can't blame you being on knicker watch - my DH use to be waiting for me to come out of loo and tell him everything was ok :dohh: He was worse than me!
The weekends can be quiet on here.

nicky hope you are ok? I can't blame you being on knicker watch - my DH use to be waiting for me to come out of loo and tell him everything was ok :dohh: He was worse than me!
The weekends can be quiet on here.

Hi Tansey!!

Thanks for the message. I am struggling to not believe M/C #4 is not on its way, yet at times I feel positive and hopeful.

Is there a forum where other people like me are worrying over new BFP's??

Nicky you poor thing!:hugs: I will be stressing along with you when I get my next bfp as well! :rofl: Pregnancy after a Loss is where we will all go to stress, lots of lovley ladies in the same boat there who will totally understand where you are coming from!:hugs:

Thanks WannaB; I am still learning to navigate around here! I just found that one and posted a new thread :hugs:

Its a horrible waitint game. I will not be happy until i get a BFP and lots of sickness. I have 3 boys 9 & 7, and I was so ill with them. So I have kinda freaked each MC, even before I knew I was losing, as I had no symptoms NEAR waht I had with the boys.

I am a muppet, I know I won't get too muc at 4-5weeks, but doesn't stop the panic!!:dohh:

Its just aweful isnt it! I have two girls 11 and 15 and had not a problem, Im really not looking forward to all the worry that is going to come with my third, the joy has just been sucked out of pregnancy now! I would just like the bfp and hold the worry thanks!:haha:

2 girls how lovely, and a great age for shopping! What is your RM/C situation if you don't mind me asking? (sorry I will read through old messages tonight there are so many!) :hugs:

P.S I did another test this morn, been doing them every 48hrs for HCG to (hopefully!) double, and got a really strong line. I know this guarantees nothing :wacko: but its better than a faint. I still absolutely do not feel pregnant since Saturday though!

Sorry for late response Nicky.

I didn't end up taking progesterone in the end as my consultant's secretary didn't get me in before he went on holiday so I didn't see him until I was 10 weeks pregnant... suffice to say he went mental at his secretary. Anyway, luckily for me everything is going well. Although they didn't find anything in my tests, they were going to give it to me anyway as they do for all 'clear' women!

Get yourself over to pregnancy after loss forum woman.... they are really great there and you can get some other ladies that don't make you feel like you are seriously losing your mind, I know I felt like it :wacko: they didn't have that forum during my first trimester

Nicky fab to hear your lines are nice and strong!:hugs: Ive had 3 mc's so far, trying not to have anymore!:haha:

Thanks Widger and Wanabe :hugs:

I felt really sick this aft, had gone now but was nice while it lasted, how mad does that sound:hugs::hugs:

I am lucky I have 2 gorgeous boys. I hope I can give them a little brother or sister with my new partner, I'm 38 and he is 43, timen is running out! x

Isnt it funny what life throws at us! Im in the same position as you, two kids from another relationship, my fab DH has none and he's 37 Im nearly 42, I need to make him a daddy asap!

Oh me too Wannabe! he has only decided in the last 14 mths he wants children and since then I've had 3 m/cs too! I came off the Depo in jection a year ago and I SWEAR it messed me up something rotten, I blame the evil depo!! Dr's wont hear of it of course :nope:

I so hope this one sticks, I desperately want to give him his own child.

Yours sounds the same as mine! He's not been worried about having kids, we've been together nearly 9 years now, infact he was quite allergic to the idea! :rofl: All of a sudden 7 months ago he had a change of heart and here we are!

Hello All

I thought I might post on this thread in the hope there is someone who can maybe help.

I have just had my 3rd m/c after my 3rd round of IVF/ICSI. The doctor is going to be testing me for natural killer cells as I go to blastocyst and embies seem to implant but then I lose them soon after.

As a bit of background, we have been TTC since May 2008. I'm 33 and have PCOS (but not insulin resistance), very mild Endo (lap + dye done May 2009) and very minor fibroids in my uterus which apparently aren't a big problem.

DH is 41 with sperm antibodies (ie sperm won't swim to my egg - hence the need for IVF) but he has a 7 y.old daughter from previous marriage.

By some freak accident we got pregnant naturally in July 2008, but I m/c at 9 weeks due to Turners Syndrome and had D+C to remove. After about 6 months we went to see FS and tried 2 rounds of clomid before we found out about DH's sperm prob. We have had 3 rounds of ICSI in 8 months - 2 of which I got my :bfp: but then lost them soon after. The most recently being this week.

I was on a lower stim dose this time round as initially they thought I was getting too many eggs in my previous rounds (~ 16) that may not have been great quality, hence the m/c. But now with this round, I got 8 eggs and then 2 to blastocyst - doc seems to think maybe it is not egg quality but natural killer cells.

So, has anyone out there been tested? If so have you had treatment (steroids)? If so, has it worked. I don't know anyone on here that has had more than 3 rounds of IVF and it has worked for them. I am not feeling too positive right now and really don't want to continue going through IVF if it is going to fail each time.

Thanks
Cupcake Queen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"