Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Rabbittchild, congrats honey. It could be implantation spotting or just left over blood from your last period. You are in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

Moonmama, I've been reading about NK cells. I don't think they test for it in the US unfortunately. I really want to get tested for it too. I hope you are almost done with your bleeding. Please keep us updated as well.

Thinking about everyone. xoxo

congratulations rabittchild- fingers crossed for you x

heart tree they dont test routinely here either, i think its very controversial and there are only about 3 places in the whole of the uk who offer it. I'm trying to find out how I can get a referral because I dont see the point of going through another mc if there's a solution. Have you read the Dr Beer book?

Although I have never been tested for NK cells I have a very forward thinking consultant who has already told me he will put me on prednisolone on the next pg - these are the steroids they use for those who have been diagnosed with NK cells. He's throwing everything he can at me next time so at least, if it did go wrong, I could be safe in the knowledge that EVERYTHING medical would have been tried.

And I def agree with getting a thyroid function test done.............and if anyone shows up as SUBCLINICAL fight it.......I wish I had........I might have now been 26 weeks pg instead of waiting to get my thyroid sorted!

Although I have never been tested for NK cells I have a very forward thinking consultant who has already told me he will put me on prednisolone on the next pg - these are the steroids they use for those who have been diagnosed with NK cells. He's throwing everything he can at me next time so at least, if it did go wrong, I could be safe in the knowledge that EVERYTHING medical would have been tried.

Hi hollybush- thats brilliant that your consultant is treating you with prednisolone anyway- do you mind me asking where you are having your treatment?

Congrats rabbit! Have my all crossed for you :)!

Hi hollybush- thats brilliant that your consultant is treating you with prednisolone anyway- do you mind me asking where you are having your treatment?

At the Royal Glamorgan hospital in South Wales - my consultant is an amazing man. Extremely sympathetic and kind but he doesn't beat around the bush. He tells it like it is. He even came to see me on ward when I lost the last baby. I came out of the loo which was in front of the nurses station and he was waiting and all the nurses were looking at me and smiling!!! Yes he had come to see me especially just to check that everything had gone okay. Then he ran through what was going to happen with regards to the genetic testing and how he was already writing my referral letter to the endocrinologist. I have seen him since for the results of the genetic testing and he was really pleased to see how well I looked and how well I'd recovered from the last miscarriage. Next time I see him will be when I'm pregnant again as he wants me to stay under his care for continuity as he knows my case.

:thumbup: The man deserves a medal :thumbup:

Holly, I love your doctor! They should all be like that. Yes, let's give him a medal!

Moonmama, I haven't read the book, I've just read a lot of women on here talk about it. I did some research on NK cells and it sounds very feasible that they could be the reason we keep having mc's. Why isn't more research done? Why can't they add that to the list of tests that we get? It's annoying.

Rabbitchild you will be in my prayers hun. Fx all goes well.

Praying for all you lovelies. FX and prayers you all get answers and sticky beans soon

I am feeling pretty good, been pretty sick but will take it. I am pretty disapointed right now cause my dr called monday and we are not doing a 8 week u/s. He said he was happy with how things looked even though we didn't see a hb on baby B. Its stresses me but I am not sure there is much I can do about it.

Oh, that would stress me out too! Don't you wish we had home u/s machines so we could check daily? When will the next scan be then?

I am not sure now. I have a appt on Sept 16. I will be almost 10weeks then so I am praying I can talk him into a quick look I just want to see Baby B hb and make sure s/he is ok

It makes me so mad that after all you've been through, you are at the mercy of your doctor! How hard is it to do a quick scan? I'm sorry, I don't mean to stress you out more. I just wish our doctors would do what we need them to do. We pay them for their time. I hope you can insist on getting a 10 week scan at least.

I will cry if I have too!! I am serious, I feel like I need to know. I am planning 2 babies and what if....I am praying all is fine but I know there is a chance...I don't want to think negative but considering that I have had 3 losses in the past year I reserve the right to be picky about what I want.

Yes you do! That's what I mean, after all that, they should be rolling out the red carpet for you. I just don't understand why they aren't scanning you every week to be honest. I have found that tears work. Cry away if you have to.

I think u should demand a 2nd ultrasound, and u should get it! They should be more concerned, givien ur history, and do one regardless! Sometimes I don't get these doctors.

Awww Reedsgirl I'm sorry they're not giving you an 8 week scan, that's ridiculous. you'd think they wouldn't be complacent until they saw both HB. Anyway of convicing them otherwise?

A home US machine would be a dream - if only I knew how to operate it/interpret it. I'd probably be looking at my liver or something.

Reed I agree with Kat demand away stamp your feet if you have too.. just for your own peace of mind.
Kat lol I'd be the same!!! Thanks for the laugh its been a while.
Moonmama how are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->