Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hollybush your obst sounds amazing- please can you send him to cornwall- wont take him very long!:haha:

I'm ok thanks Skylar- going to have a scan tomorrow to see if its gone or not because the bleeding has almost stopped now- how are you? x

Reed - I'm go to A&E and say you have abdominal pain when you're 8 weeks...and make them scan you!!

I had thought about going and doing that but I am scared that I would jinx the pregnancy. I am paranoid...my bbs have stopped hurting so I have been a mess all day. But the nausea is back...or at least the burpy gassy feeling in my belly I can't get rid of.

Hey ladies. Went to my appt. Was there 2 hrs! Tool an 1hr just to get into the room! Anyway, I go in wed for a thyroid, prolactin, and glucose test. Then wait for results, then talk about conceiving options. Mayget karoptyiping done too...

Sandi....call and demand an unltrasound! Even if u make up a lil white lie...

Kat, that sounds like a good plan of action. Glad you are moving things in the right direction.

Reedsgirl, is your name Sandi? Good to know.

Mine is Amanda just so you all know. xoxo

Mines Kathi but people call me Kat :)!
How are things with u Amanda? I've been a lil absorbed in my drama that I've forgotten if u have tests or anything coming up?

Nice to meet you AManda & Kat! I am praying daily for you ladies and its nice to have names to actually say. :)

I will get that scan soon. I am a emotional mess and fretting so much. Its crazy what mc's can do to us and make us so paranoid and how drs can act like its normal. UGH

Hi ladies. I'm a bit of a mess right now. My FS just emailed me and said that my HSG shows that I have a gentle curve at the top of my uterine cavity, but not one that seems overly excessive. He said this was not correctable by surgery. He said it was unclear by the HSG if I had a uterine septum which is corrected by surgery. Now he wants to do an MRI to determine. Either option sounds awful to me. A mild curve could be the reason for my mcs and there is nothing they can do about it. A septum means surgery on my uterus. I can't even fathom that. Oh god, this feels like it's never going to happen for me.

OH Sweetie I will keep praying. Don't lose your hope and faith. It will happen

I just spoke to my FS. He is lovely. He said he can't rule anything out. It may be a heart shaped uterus, it may be a uterine septum or it may be a normal curve. Given all of my losses, he said he just wants to chase down the cause of them. He said if it is heart shaped, the best way to have a baby is to use someone else's uterus or keep getting pregnant and know that I have big chance of another mc. If it is a uterine septum, surgery is very easy apparently. If it is normal, well, then it is normal. He said there is a chance the MRI won't show results and they might have to do surgery anyway. He doesn't want to do that until we have to. I really, really, really hope my results are normal or it is a uterine septum. I'll schedule the MRI tomorrow hopefully.

I just spoke to my FS. He is lovely. He said he can't rule anything out. It may be a heart shaped uterus, it may be a uterine septum or it may be a normal curve. Given all of my losses, he said he just wants to chase down the cause of them. He said if it is heart shaped, the best way to have a baby is to use someone else's uterus or keep getting pregnant and know that I have big chance of another mc. If it is a uterine septum, surgery is very easy apparently. If it is normal, well, then it is normal. He said there is a chance the MRI won't show results and they might have to do surgery anyway. He doesn't want to do that until we have to. I really, really, really hope my results are normal or it is a uterine septum. I'll schedule the MRI tomorrow hopefully.

Really sorry your going through this- must be so awful for you, hopefully the MRI wil give you some peace of mind :hugs:

Amandai- wow...at least you are getting some answers now, or on the way to discovery. I hope you don't have to go surgery route, how awful.
I hate to ask this ? But would you use a surrogate? People ask me all the time, and I've actually had 5 people offer, but idk if I could do it. Im selfish when it comes to pregnancy, I want to be the one carrying my baby. To me, that's part of the whole expeirence, and if I couldn't, then I think adoption would be next. Idk, too much to think of so early in the game yet.
I hope you get some further explanations and options and everything works. How many mcs have u had total?
I keep thinking of my dr appt I had. She was glad I've done my research, but im a little disappointed. Not that we don't have a game plan, but I want a baby now! Lol...I just keep telling myself its worth the wait.
When I told her of my husbands grandma who had between 8-10 mcs and his aunt who could never conceive, even with ivf and such, she seemed concerned. He has mentioned to me before that he thinks he should be tested.
Idk, I hope it isn't that. I can't imagine not having his own biological children. Does that make me selfish? I feel selfish thinking that...

hi everyone, just read some of the posts and are really sad, we have a 5 year old son but have recently suffered our 3rd mc, first 2 in early 2003 and had our son in nov 04, anyway just wanted a bit of advice really as to what happens at the first reccuring mc clinic we have a appointment on 9th sep and hubby is really stressed, driving me insane, went to see the gp but he couldnt shed any light on what they will do as its not a case of infertility! am feeling really fed up, as if its not bad enough losing a baby and having to go through the erpc, we then get an appoinment but no info as to what to expect, oh, other than if you are obese they will not offer any treatments until you lose weight!
really want answers but not sure if i can deal with all the stress before the appointment, i know its not hubbys fault he is scared that it is his fault and he already blames himself, but he is soo stressed he has got sick, gp told him to take it easy and not to worry, easier said than done!

hi everyone, just read some of the posts and are really sad, we have a 5 year old son but have recently suffered our 3rd mc, first 2 in early 2003 and had our son in nov 04, anyway just wanted a bit of advice really as to what happens at the first reccuring mc clinic we have a appointment on 9th sep and hubby is really stressed, driving me insane, went to see the gp but he couldnt shed any light on what they will do as its not a case of infertility! am feeling really fed up, as if its not bad enough losing a baby and having to go through the erpc, we then get an appoinment but no info as to what to expect, oh, other than if you are obese they will not offer any treatments until you lose weight!
really want answers but not sure if i can deal with all the stress before the appointment, i know its not hubbys fault he is scared that it is his fault and he already blames himself, but he is soo stressed he has got sick, gp told him to take it easy and not to worry, easier said than done!

hi gimgams, can I ask where your going in devon? I've been seen at the mc clinic in RD&E under Mr West. They tested the fetus for chromosomal abnormalities, did karyotyping on me and my husband as well as tests for clotting disorders, infections etc and a HSG, that was after my 3rd mc- but I've just had another so going to see Mr West again in oct x

Kat- I'm so sorry for what your going through- your post broke my heart, I've had children so dont think I have a right to comment but just wanted to send you a :hugs: x

Amandai- wow...at least you are getting some answers now, or on the way to discovery. I hope you don't have to go surgery route, how awful.
I hate to ask this ? But would you use a surrogate? People ask me all the time, and I've actually had 5 people offer, but idk if I could do it. Im selfish when it comes to pregnancy, I want to be the one carrying my baby. To me, that's part of the whole expeirence, and if I couldn't, then I think adoption would be next. Idk, too much to think of so early in the game yet.
I hope you get some further explanations and options and everything works. How many mcs have u had total?
I keep thinking of my dr appt I had. She was glad I've done my research, but im a little disappointed. Not that we don't have a game plan, but I want a baby now! Lol...I just keep telling myself its worth the wait.
When I told her of my husbands grandma who had between 8-10 mcs and his aunt who could never conceive, even with ivf and such, she seemed concerned. He has mentioned to me before that he thinks he should be tested.
Idk, I hope it isn't that. I can't imagine not having his own biological children. Does that make me selfish? I feel selfish thinking that...

Hi Kat, I've had 3 mcs. I don't know why my signature doesn't show up at the bottom in this thread, but it says the dates of each one. I just realized the surgery route is actually a pretty easy procedure. I'd much rather have that than have a heart shaped uterus which isn't fixable and can keep causing miscarriages or pre-term delivery. I've thought about a surrogate and like you, I really don't think I could do it. I'm pretty envious of pregnant women and I don't think I could watch another woman carry a baby for me. It would make me feel really awful about myself. If I have to, I will entertain IVF and then adoption. After that I think I'm done. A surrogate doesn't feel right to me. Who knows, I may change my mind, but honestly, I'm not even thinking that far ahead yet. I just need to get this MRI done to figure out what my uterus looks like. After that we'll take the next appropriate step.

You are not selfish for wanting your own biological children. That's why we are on this site in the first place. I have two siblings who are adopted and I love them to death. I can't imagine my life without them. I would adopt in a second. However, I want to also have my own baby. I don't think it is selfish, I think it is human nature. I'm glad that you saw your doctor. I'm hoping you will find some answers. All of our persistence is progress towards our ultimate goal.

I don't know why my signature doesn't show up at the bottom in this thread, but it says the dates of each one.

I've asked that in the help forum, and all sigs are blocked in the mc forum so that no one is upset seeing a pregnancy ticker or anything like that.

hi gimgams, can I ask where your going in devon? I've been seen at the mc clinic in RD&E under Mr West. They tested the fetus for chromosomal abnormalities, did karyotyping on me and my husband as well as tests for clotting disorders, infections etc and a HSG, that was after my 3rd mc- but I've just had another so going to see Mr West again in oct x

Kat- I'm so sorry for what your going through- your post broke my heart, I've had children so dont think I have a right to comment but just wanted to send you a :hugs: x

We are booked in to the RD&E Heavitree, not sure who we are seeing i think its a female doctor, cannot remember the name. We already know that our first mc ( at almost 20 weeks) was due to downs syndrome, we were told at the time it was just unlucky, buy now they are not so sure, hubby has a cousin who has downs but apparently hubby cannot pass o the full downs as he isnt downs himself, so we would both have to have a part of the downs chromosone to have a downs baby and apparently that it very unlikely? it is all so confusing due to the fact we already have a child, which i really do thank god for and know i am incredibly blessed already, but it still doesnt distract from the fact that we need answers as to why this keeps happening and will it continue if we keep trying for a baby? As for the last 2 mc's we have no idea whats happened we know it happens between week 10-11 and gp hazard a guess maybe its something to do with development at that stage of the pregnancy, either baby or me( hormones or something)? but its just a waiting game as it is for all of us on here i assume, at least we know none of us are alone, all our stories maybe different but essentially they are all the same we have all experienced the same ordeals and are all just trying to find out why!
Sending my love to you all, and praying that everyone gets the outcome they are hoping for and if not dont give up! :hugs:

Gimgam thats the same place I go but I see Mr West, I expect they will do the same sort of tests I had. During this last pregnancy they put me on HCG injections as they think it supports the corpus luteam before the placenta takes over but unfortunatly it didnt work for me- but they did say they have had good results with that treatment previously. Please let us know how you get on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->