Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hi there,

I've just had another miscarriage over the weekend. This will be the 4th baby we have lost and would be the 3rd miscarriage (the 2nd pregnancy was twins). Had the 1st miscarriage in April last year (6-7 weeks), 1st twin died in June last year (7-8 weeks), 2nd twin on 18th August last year (13-14 weeks) and then took a year out to let my body fully recover. During that time I lost 2 stone in weight and we booked a once in a lifetime holiday to Florida. We said we would start trying while on holiday. The holiday was at the end of July this year and we fell pregnant straight away. I really though Disneyland was going to make my dream come true but at the weekend we lost our little one (7-8 weeks).

They are now classing me under the recurrent miscarriage group and I'm currently waiting to get test done. My supportive fiance has also had blood taken and in 6 weeks time I get 4 sets taken and again in 12 weeks time. They are going to check for chromosome abnormalities as will as blood clotting issues and lupus? disease. We've been advised not to get pregnant until results are back which will be early next year. If I did get pregnant there is a high chance it will end in another miscarriage and the midwife said there would be no point is putting ourselves through that torture again.

So, if it is ok with all your ladies, I would like to join this thread and hopefully get some answers in the next few months.

:hugs: babyattempt3 - sadly your story is very very similar to mine.

I hope you get the results you want. It would be a good idea to take their advice as I'm on a current TTC ban by my consultant until my thyroid levels are normalised.

:hugs:

Today has been a good day for me and I'm now on the first step towards getting off the TTC ban. I have seen the consultant endocrinologist and been prescribed Thyroxine. He agreed that whilst my thyroid hasn't completely failed it is definitely on the way there. I go back in 10 weeks to see if my levels are reacting as they should. Fingers crossed that we will get the green light to TTC again early in the New Year.

Both my fiance and I are happy enough to wait to get the all clear first. We really want a family and if waiting 3-4months to make sure all is ok and to give baby the best chance of survival then we're all for it. We've got plenty of other projects to complete such as the house etc so we can concentrate on them until we're given the go ahead to try again.

Babyattempt, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I've also had 3 losses. All of my bloods came back normal and so did my husbands. I had an HSG recently and they saw an abnormality in the shape of my uterus. They want to further investigate, so I go in for an MRI next Wednesday. Of course I'm about to ovulate and have to let this cycle go. I don't want to risk another mc either before I have some answers. I'm turning 36 in a month and DH is 41. I wish I could say we had time on our side, but we don't. I hope you find some answers that are easily treatable. None of us should have to endure one loss, let alone several. xoxo

sorry for your loss babyattempt, its awful that we all have to meet under these circumstances :hugs:

Oh Babyattempt sorry you have to join us here. Lets hope you get some answers

I posted this message elsewhere but now I just found this thread. I have just had my 2nd m/c in a row (the first was in February). I'm being referred to an gyno who deals with fertility. I'm first of all heartbroken over my loss but now super panicky about going to a doctor about this. I suffer from anxiety and have not been taking my anxeity medication while TTC. I'm terrified as to what tests to expect and the physical discomfort of them. My appointment is scheduled for Nov. 22.

Has anyone gone through tests for repeat m/c? My m/c's are very early under 5-6 weeks. What tests will they send me for? Are there less invasive ones I can ask for? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I get panicky even when I have to go for blood work. I'm so overwhelmed.

Mpepe32, I'm so sorry for your losses. There are a lot of tests that can be done that are totally non-invasive. Most of the tests they do, in fact, are blood tests. If you look a few posts back, I listed all of the tests that I've had done. I've also had some that were a little more invasive (hysteroscopy and HSG). Other than that, they were all bloods and my husbands sperm analysis. They also tested the tissue of all of my pregnancies for defects.

Take a deep, deep breath. Take 10 in fact and exhale deeply. Your appointment will probably involve an ultrasound and some blood work. None of it will cause physical discomfort except a tiny prick of a needle. I always get a little anxious about pain too, but I've found that getting blood drawn is painless. A tiny prick and then you don't feel a thing. You'll be ok.

mpepe32 - Really sorry for your loss but you've found this thread and can get support from others who have gone through the same pain which hopefully will be a little comfort.

I'm now getting tests done too and they only mentioned blood tests so far for my man and I. He had his done already but I have to wait for the hormones to settle down then get them done. All I can suggest is when the go to do the bloods think of being somewhere different and keep that thought in your head while things are being done. It may help your anxiety attacks a little.

Thanks girls, your posts have calmed me down. Sorry for your lossses as well.

Hi mpepe and baby attempt. I'm sorry for your losses. I have had 3 mc's too, one at 8 weeks in sept 09, one at 6 weeks in nov 09 and one at 10 weeks in may this year. I've had heaps of tests too and its nothing to worry about as heartree said. I hope you both find this thread helpful and supportive. I know i have.

Hello Ladies, First I want to say that I am so very deeply, and truly sorry for all your losses. I just joined the community last week, After I got a very faint bfp (seems kind of a contradiction doesn’t it?)
I had my beta and progesterone checked and the numbers were low but the Doctor decided that it would be ok and put me on progesterone. But the numbers weren’t ok I had a follow up on Saturday and my HCG only went up by 2
Tuesday night I started bleeding and I decided NOT to go to the ER because there just isn’t much they can do there but watch me while I wait and Honestly I needed to be some where where I could be numb for a little bit.
I am still bleeding but the Doctors office said its normal and it’s ok so far
I have three children from my first marriage (which ended with him being removed from my home) whom I love and wouldn’t give up for the world.
My husband has no bio children of his own.
I got pregnant in Oct 08 and found out at my first routine prenatal in December and found out that I had lost triplets (natural it was a surprise pregnancy)
Then in June I had to have a D&C for natural twins.
This was my first month on Clomid and I am assuming I just lost a singleton
Right now we have decided not to make any major decisions, but were not going to actively try again until after Christmas is over because we just don’t want to have to handle THIS at Christmas time.
I have had several comments made "well you have three kids why are you so upset"
And "it wasn’t even a baby yet I just don’t see your distress"
The last miscarriage I had to go to the ER and when I was coming out there was a woman with a big beautiful bump wearing a shirt proclaiming herself as "Miss Wylde Thing" SMOKING A CIGGARETTE.
Some times I feel like “why should I keep pushing on.”
I am a Christian with strong beliefs and I KNOW that my time will come in God's time but in the mean time the grieving is sooo overwhelming.
How can I miss some one I have never met before????
Does any one else ever think about "how it should have been"?
Maybe I am just crazy.
This whole process can just become consuming.
Any one else ever feel anything like this?

Oh yes, I think about how it should have been all the time. I should have a one year old. I should have had another baby a couple of weeks ago. And I should be in the second trimester with my third pregnancy. I should be a mother and I'm not. I don't have any of that. It is completely consuming my life as well. You are not crazy. You are human.

Update from me - had 8 week scan this week - all still looks fine - although might be a week further ahead (although bladder wasn't full enough to get definitive measurement - baby was slightly bigger than expected). Longest pregnancy of previous 2 was to 8+4. This scan was at 8+4 but if further along possibility then I'm happy.

Still on aspirin, prednisolone, fragmin & cyclogest for time being....

consultant said I should be ok now and can relax - OH said that would never happen!!

To all the new ladies, im sorry for your losses. This is a great group to seek support through.
I got results back from my thyroid, prolactin, and gluclose- all fine.
Now im waiting til monday to see what the next step is. She mentioned chromosone testing last time, so maybe that's what's next. She wants me to lose some weight, which I understadable. I am chunky :)...I did want to cry and beg for clomid though, but I didn't.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

Update from me - had 8 week scan this week - all still looks fine - although might be a week further ahead (although bladder wasn't full enough to get definitive measurement - baby was slightly bigger than expected). Longest pregnancy of previous 2 was to 8+4. This scan was at 8+4 but if further along possibility then I'm happy.

Still on aspirin, prednisolone, fragmin & cyclogest for time being....

consultant said I should be ok now and can relax - OH said that would never happen!!

:happydance: lightweight

I guess your OH is right as I know I would never ever be able to see any point in a future pg where I would be "okay"

But great news and really fingers crossed that it continues to be okay for you.

It's good for me to see that the drugs are working for you too as I'm going to be on a few of those when I get pg next

lightweight, that is wonderful, wonderful news. I don't know the meaning of the word "relax" when it comes to pregnancy anymore! Keep us posted on your progress.

Kat, all good news that things are coming back normal. The karyotype test that I had checked for chromosomal issues in me and my husband. It is an important test to get. Hopefully they'll give you that one. It's a simple blood test.

Ugghh to losing weight. I'm pretty fit, so I don't have that issue, however after each pregnancy, I drowned my sorrows in wine and food and no exercise. I'm paying the price now. Trying to work off the extra pounds I put on after my last pregnancy! No fun at all. Though, I must say, exercise does help with my mental outlook on life.

I'm getting my MRI on Wednesday to look at the shape of my uterus. I've gotten 3 highs on my CBFM so I know I'm about to ovulate. I'm so bummed because I'm going to have to skip this cycle. I don't want to be pregnant before I get the MRI results back. I'm so sick of all of these tests. I'm glad they are trying to figure it out, but at the same time, I'm so over it. I just want to have a regular, normal pregnancy like so many other women!

Heart-
I know how you feel. It gets old doing all these tests. I wish I could go back to my 1st pregnancy where I was so naive (spelled wrong? Idk) that I had no fears, questions, and was up for visits.
I hope your tests come back good. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! And you do have an amazing shape! Kudos for you :). Unfortunatly with my pcos, I have hard time losing weight. Good thing my husband is a chubby chaser ;)

Thanks Kat. That picture in my avatar was taken at prime fit level! I worked out like a fiend to fit into that dress and cut calories to 1500 a day! I was a mad woman. I weigh a good 15 pounds more than I did in that picture. My husband thought I was too skinny for our wedding. He likes a little chub too!!!

I finally got my appointment at the recurrent miscarriage clinic, its on 5th October, can anyone give me a heads up as to what I should expect? Do they just ask you questions etc the first time, or do you have any tests done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->