Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

hi mpepe32 am so sorry for your loss. I hope your appt with your OB goes well I know what you mean about waiting for appts I had to wait 5 months for mine. I think it's up to you when to try again. The info I got today was that most ppl's tests come back normal/unexplained therefore you just need to keep trying, of course that's when you feel ready to try. At the EPU I've always been told that they like you to wait one cycle, for dating purposes but really you can try whenever you feel ready.

I feel similar to you in that I'm not sure to try again before I get test results in case I have something wrong that can be prevented and then I go through another mc for nothing. I think it's up to you really :hugs: sorry that wasn't very helpful.

Moonmama - am not 100% on the clotting but will hopefully find out more on Monday and report back. I will also get a feel for if they'll start me on heparin next time if I get pg before results come back - maybe that will work.

:hugs: to all x

So sorry lam for your loss :(....and to all the other losses. This seems never ending doesn't it!
I hate waiting for appointments. My next one is October 6th, eventhough its 2 weeks away, it seems like a lifetime!

Thanks for your support rabbittchild and kat731, Even writing about it kind of helps get the frustration out. I've been reading that even after test, 50-60% still don't know what caused the m/c's. That number is scary. I think I may give it another try this next cycle. I'm thinking of completely cutting caffine out after ovulation. Even though I don't drink alot of coffee, I wonder if it had anything to do with it? I'm grasping at straws and trying to think of anything I can do...

Ladies I am so sorry for your recent losses. Rabbitt I am on 81mg of baby aspirin for clotting issues..it helps the blood flow to the uterous. I did have a bit of a scare last night and ended up in the er...my bdy is trying to pass the twin I lost and I am having back pain and cramps with some spotting. So far my other baby is hanging in there and has a strong hb but I am on bedrest and waiting to see the dr and hopefully my body will settle down and my uterous will stop contracting.

congrats lightweight ams so glad it went well for you today.

Thanks for the info on the bloods, I will see what they say at the appt. Problem is my RMC Dr doesn't do a follow up, you have the one appt, they do the tests then they write to you with the results and thats it you just get back on the horse as it were. Bit crap I think that there isn't a follow up appt to discuss what to do next but hey ho!

Dunno if this is correct but don't some women only have a problem with clotting when they are actually pregnant? Therefore tests when not preg wouldn't show any problem?

Yes thats correct but mine indicated a permanent problem, I have to have these injections etc if im planning a long haul flight etc all the usual things. Ive also to see the haemotologists again when I have baby and he will discuss permanent treatment etc.

Thanks for the info fluffyblue, all good to know. Unfortunately I won't be having my RMC appt on Monday - the consultant has gone on a course - WTF! my EPU Dr phoned me to tell me but she's going to make sure I get seen at the next clinic as a priority, but that won't be til the end of October now.

Time just seems to be passing and I want answers ASAP!

Reedsgirl I hope your LO hangs in there :hugs: I was on 75mg of aspirin, we don't seem to have 81mg here, just 75, 150 and 300.

Mpepe - I was thinking the same thing about caffeine, I drink diet coke but less than 200mg of caffeine and I stop once I get my bfp but I think perhaps I will cut it down even more. It's so hard to think of things that you can actually do, I'm at a loss too to think of anything else I can possibly do to increase my chances of carrying a baby to term.

Kat - hope your appt comes round quickly ikwym about time passing slowly it's very frustrating.

:hugs:

Hi girls. I actually feel quite positive today given the miscarriage confirmation yesterday. Very strange. My gp has written to Siobhan Quenby today re the nk cells test so fingers crossed i hear back soon. What was the timescale for those of you who have seen her?

Just wanted to drop in a :hug: I've been away a bit but never forgot my roots! It is frustrating and can seem never ending but hope, will power and deligence gets us somewhere.

Thanks fluffy. Someone else told me the trial was on hold (not sure where they got this from though) so i hope its not a long wait.

Me again. Just to update that I had a call from Professor Quenby's department today and I have an appointment to see her on the 8th October. The NKcells trial is on hold temporarily but she will see me anyway as she may have some news on it by then. Fingers crossed she can provide some useful insight.

HI Lamburi! The trial is on hold as they currently have no acsess to the Placebo drug!

I had my results conversation with her last week and because I had already had my test she is giving me the steroid treatment.

I got my BFP yesterday at 10dpo and started the steroid treatment yesterday I am so scared as my lines are not getting any darker from yesterday though but are staying about the same? So scared of it being chemical!

Lawa, congrats babe! I hope the steroid treatment works wonders. Lamb, I'm glad you are going to see her. She sounds amazing. I'm so sorry about your most recent loss. Same with all the other ladies who have had more losses.

I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner, I've been out of sorts being told that I might never carry a child to term. It's been hard for me to be on this website with women who are hopeful about their futures. I'm getting a second opinion about my adenomyosis. I also found a doctor who tests for NK cells and does treatment. I think I might have elevated NK cells that are trying to attack the adenomyosis tissue in my uterus. It's a theory, but I think a sound one. Lawa and Lamb, I'll be interested to follow how your testing and treatment goes.

xoxo

Hey ladies,
Hope u are all well. Its been a tuff run here lately on this board. A lot of losses, and some great triumphs! I hope you all are having a great work so far :).
So I babysat my girlfriends baby the other day, and im so down now. I just need one asap! I know I truly can't be happy until im pregnant again, and finally have a miracle in my arm.
Anyway, hope all u lovelys are doing well :)

Well doesnt look like its happening for me ladies my lines are dispersing of the test :(

Heart tree your situation makes me so sad, I really hope you get a good second doctor, they don't seem to realise what an impact news like that can have. :hugs:

Lawa - try not to panic sweetie. Maybe get some bloods done if you're worried? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Heartree - I fully understand your absence of late and I aporeciate how hard it must be. I think it sounds like a reasonable theory so push for the tests. I'll let you know how i get on. Xx

Lawa I agree get bloods done. Don't rely on those tests honey. They can cause unnecessary panic.

Well ladies started bleeding a couple of hour after this mornings post. no cramps just fresh blood but lots of it so I think thats over for me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->