Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Lawa I'm so sorry. Hopefully it will be over quickly so you can concentrate on a good strong BFP this cycle. I'm on cd5 so we might get our BFP's together (check out my positivity!!). Thinking of you and your DH. Xx.

Sorry for everyone's losses. I just got af yesterday after my 2nd m/c in 7 months. My luteal phase this cycle was 10 days. It usually is 11 days. Opinions, do any one you think this is a defect? I've read so much my eyes are going cross-eyed. Both losses have been super early 4-5 weeks. Any thoughts are appreciated!

I don't know a lot about LP defects, but I think less than 10 days is too short, whereas 10 days is acceptable. I assume you have been temping in order to see the pattern? Perhaps your body is still readjusting after the MC's. Perhaps check this with your GP if you are concerned? They may offer you cyclogest to lengthen LP? As I said I am no expert and merely guessing, but I'm sure someone on here will know. Good luck.

Mpepe, are you temping? Can you post a link to your chart? It is possible that your progesterone is low with a 10 day LP. Sometimes after a mc, it takes a few months to get your cycle back on track. I found that after my first mc, my LP was 9-10 days for many cycles. I finally got it up to 12-13 days using a combo of extra B6 and progesterone cream after ovulation.

If I'm told after my second opinion that I should keep trying to get pregnant, then I've been prescribed progesterone pills to take after I get my BFP. You might want to look into it. Some doctors don't believe there is a correlation between a short LP and miscarriage. Personally, I think there is. And, there doesn't seem to be harm in taking extra progesterone, so it is worth talking to your doctor about.

Are you getting tests for recurrent mcs?

Less than 10 days can be considered a problem. I know I tend to bleat on a bit about this but have you had your thyroid checked? My LP went from 11-12 days down to 10 when I started suffering the effects of an underactive thyroid, however I was also getting more frequent pre-AF spotting, from as early as 5DPO. There is a link between underactive thyroid and short luteal phases as it's part of the endocrine (hormonal) system.

Well ladies I rang the hospital yesterday to cancel my scan for next Friday.

But the professor is going to see me next friday anyway.

I am gooing to duscuss the potential of starting the steriods after ovulation to allow my NK cell numbers to go down before implantation.

As I have had a fair few chemicals recently I think that the M/c are due to implantation problems

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is as well as can be.

Lamburai - Good to hear you got your appt with Dr Quenby through I hope you get some answers and she can help.

Lawa - I'm so sorry :hugs: I hope you're ok. glad that you're being seen anyway and I hope the revised treatment will help you get that sticky bfp

Heart Tree - I would get a 2nd opinion too I hope that they can have more positive news for you.

Kat - :hugs: I think it is hard being around other ppls kids esp when you're desperate to have your own.

Mpepe - I agree with the ladies here, could you ask your Dr to have a progesterone check, they do it 7 days post ovulation so you could see what your levels are and if they are low then perhaps progesterone would lengthen your luteal phase if there is a problem with it being too short.

AFM I had my follow up scan on Wednesday to check I had miscarried - I had so I guess the positive note was I didn't need an ERPC. They are trying to reschedule my appt with the RMC and if it won't be for several months they will try to do my blood tests ASAP and then get me the appt.

We're also going to contact St Mary's RMC and see if they can see my privately and maybe that will be faster.

I'm just desperate to have a baby and I don't want to wait. The Dr at EPU suggested I wait one cycle - I'm not sure I want to do that but if I get pregnant and lose it again that means they can't do my thrombophilia screen for even longer and what if I do have a problem that could be treated, that means I risk another MC. Just don't know what to do, I won't ovulate for about another 2 weeks so can think about it a bit more but I just feel the only thing that would make me feel better is a baby.

lamburai what times you appointment on the 8th mines at 9

Hi everyone, I was told they will not do recurrent m/c testing until 3m/c's. I was so peeved to hear that. So this month I'm TTC again and using b6. I figure if I m/c again, then they will have to do testing when I go to see the ob in November. My luteal is usually 11 days, occasionally 12 so I'm hoping my cycle will get back to normal. I tried uploading my chart but it's not working:growlmad:

Gutted! They offered me 9.30 but its a long drive for us so we opted for 11.30. I hope she's going to be helpful in some way as i know i'll be disappointed if she can't help.

Mpepe I get so angry when they wont do tests! One mc is too many! Grrrrr. Start with 50 mgs of extra b6. If you don't get preggers and your LP is still short you can up it to 100 mgs. Don't take more than 200 mgs.

Mpepe I get so angry when they wont do tests! One mc is too many! Grrrrr. Start with 50 mgs of extra b6. If you don't get preggers and your LP is still short you can up it to 100 mgs. Don't take more than 200 mgs.

Why do you say not more that 200mg?? I was on 500mgs, that is what my dr started me out with.

I was told it can cause nerve damage if you take too much from my doctor. Nice that they can't even agree on something as simple as b6! No wonder they can't figure out why we hav recurrent mcs!

Yeah that is crazy! I have been on 500mg of B6 since july with no problems but I will be asking about it now for sure.

Hi ladies,
I'm not sure I qualify to post on here with just two losses. Plus, I'm doing things the wrong way round because I already knew before my first pregnancy that I had Factor V Leiden (heterozygous). Tsk tsk to self.
I'm just wondering whether anyone else has FVL and what their treatment plan is? So far, going on low-dose preventative heparin shots coupled with baby aspirin has not done the trick.

Hi Pippin! Of course you can come and join us. I think more than 1 loss qualifies surely?!

Well ladies I rang the hospital yesterday to cancel my scan for next Friday.

But the professor is going to see me next friday anyway.

I am gooing to duscuss the potential of starting the steriods after ovulation to allow my NK cell numbers to go down before implantation.

As I have had a fair few chemicals recently I think that the M/c are due to implantation problems

So sorry for your loss Lawa.

I was told at recurrent miscarriage clinic (and in leaflet) that I should have started steroids from ovulation - stop at AF or carry on if pregnant (I was already pregnant at time of consultation so they put me on them straight away and they were worried I hadn't started in time - so definitely preferred to start it early)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->