Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Well I haven't been on here for a while and I'm sorry to find such difficult news for you heart tree. All I can say is that I hope you find your way.

Reed's girl - sorry about your LO, perhaps there was only room for one soul this time round and he/she gave up his/her place to allow their sibling to be strong.

Hi,

You need a doctor referral to see siobhan quenby she is now at birmingham heartlands hospital. If you have a look on their website under maternity you will find all of the details.

Hi Girls.

I've had a total of 4 losses. 2 in the last two months. 1 Ectopic and lost my right tube, the most recent, baby isn't growing .. waiting to properly m/c .. thinking they are going to give me drugs on Monday.

Blah.

Sandi, I saw your post elsewhere and wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your babe. I'm very glad to hear your other babe has such a strong heartbeat. Keep on beating baby.

AFM, I had my MRI and got my results. I have adenomyosis which means the endometrium tissue is growing inside the uterine muscle. It is deforming the shape of my uterus. There is nothing they can do about it. No surgery can fix it. The only real treatment is a hysterectomy :cry:

Obviously that isn't an option. The reason women would get a hysterectomy is because their periods are so painful they can't deal. Mine aren't painful, nor is sex. The doctor said that as I age, it will probably get worse. :cry:

My options are to try surgery with high risk that my uterus can not be sewn back up properly. The surgery wouldn't increase my chances of carrying a baby to term which is why they usually don't do the surgery. He offered it to me because he couldn't offer anything else.

My other option is to keep trying and hope that I'll get one that implants in a good part of my uterus. Obviously this means I could face a lifetime of miscarriages.

Or, he told me I could use a surrogate. Great options!

I'm so angry and sad that I feel like I had a 4th mc. I'm not sure how to pick myself up after this news. I made an appointment for a second opinion though I'm not sure I'll get any new options. I've googled this and the info he gave me is the same as what I've read online. We'll see.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

Hi, don't post often but read this thread regularly. Sorry you have been given this diagnosis. I have endometriosis (similar to adenomyosis but outside the womb) but some of the girls on an endo forum have adeno as well and have been prescribed Zoladex or another GnRH for it in their attempts to get pregnant. It is injections to bring on temporary menopause to shrink the endometrial tissue and then the theory is that it increases your chance of getting pregnant afterwards, I just thought it might be worth asking your consultant about. I had it before we started ttc, it's not pleasant but my endo was so bad that I would try anything!
Here's a link to an academic journal on adeno treatments

I've had 4 m/cs, all before 6 weeks, in the past year (been ttc for 15 months), latest consultant thinks all appropriate tests have been done and that I still have a good chance of conceiving naturally and carrying to term, we're doing all the right things etc etc. Going to focus on improving endometriosis symptoms in the hope this helps any pregs stick.

Hello everyone..

This is a great thread, need to take some time to read it all..

Unfortunately i also belong here.. i have had 4 m/c in the last 3 years.. between 9-12 weeks.. :growlmad:

all my blood tests came back normal.
I was diagonised with mild PCO after my last loss.. i was prescribled Metformin, which i have gotten used to, i have be taken it for 6 months.. the first 4 month regulated my cycle, however the last 2 months cycle is very long.. since i started the meds, i spot for 2 days before AF is due, i am worried about this as i have read on the internet that this is not a good sign..?

we have just started to try again and am so afraid.. i am also temping to try pinpoint ovulation.. and have noticed that my temps seem to be low after ovulation, is this also a bad sign??

im convinced that i also have an underlying hormonal problem causing the spotting and the low temps.

any advice please..?

thanks..

Hi Ladies. Hospital appointment this morning confirmed my 4th miscarriage. That's now 4 in 13 months.

I'm devastated and so unbelievably angry, so I'm unlikely to be on here much for a while. Thanks for your support though.

Hi every 1, im so glad ive found u all, im having my 3rd mc, all have been between 8-9 weeks, sunday at 8wk i day i had very light discharge drownish monday morning it was light blood and light pain so to be safe we went 2 a&e. They took me 2 epu, they did bloods (fine) heart rate was high so put me on a drip while we waited for scan, as with the other 2 it showed a sac at 5 week. Was sent home telling me go bk next monday for another scan to see if the sac has grown & if bleeding gets worse & pain is stronger go bk, yeatserday i was in a lot of pain but bleeding was still light, today bleeding is heavier pain was very strong this morning but has settled a bit now. My husband wants me to go bk to hospital but i cant see the point, we both know the out come ans i would rather be at home than on a ward with pregnant ladies, im not sure if i have passed the pregnancy or not yet but i really dont want to go to hospital yet. This pregnancy ment so much (as did the other 2) it was a honeymoon baby. I have read a lot of post today and felt comfort hearing your stories and ty 4 readin mine it has helped writing it down xxxx

no it doesnt i think this one has been the hardest for us with it being a honeymoon baby and ive felt so much more pregnant this time than with the other 2 xx

I just wanted to update to let you know I'm 99% positively having my 4th miscarriage, which makes 4 in a year of trying. Gestational sac was only 4 weeks and I should be7 so am being rescanned on Wed to double check.

"luckily" I have my recurrent mc clinic appt on Monday so hopefully we will be on the way to some answers. Although I can't have the clotting tests for 2-3 months til all the preg hormones are out of me - that sucks the thought of waiting 3-4 months to try again isn't positive right now.

Lamburai, westlifelover, chaos I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs: and I wish everyone else the best of luck in getting their LO's

Sorry Lambie for your loss, I will defo get those details for you from Prof Quenby please take care xxxxxxxxxxxx

rabbit, they did my clotting tests while pregnant and then again after all hormones had gone that way they could tell if it was pregnancy or a permanent positive?

"luckily" I have my recurrent mc clinic appt on Monday so hopefully we will be on the way to some answers. Although I can't have the clotting tests for 2-3 months til all the preg hormones are out of me - that sucks the thought of waiting 3-4 months to try again isn't positive right now.

Lamburai, westlifelover, chaos I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs: and I wish everyone else the best of luck in getting their LO's

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I had my bloods done 3 days after my 2nd miscarriage and they showed high natural killer cells and prothrombin gene mutation. No-one seemed to query the timing of it.

Regarding waiting 3-4 months. I was told in May not to start trying again until I had my appontment at recurrent miscarriage clinic, which was in August. TBH - knowing I had to have an enforced break, was actually a bit of a relief...

A positive update from me (which I hope people don't mind - there seem to have a been a few more recent losses, but in the past people have said they wanted to hear how those of us under treatment etc were getting on......)

I had my 3rd re-assurance scan today - supposed to be 10 weeks, although at each scan they think I might be up to a week further along) this is now officially my longest lasting pregnancy (my first was a mmc found at 10+1, but baby had died at around 8+5)
Bladder wasn't full enough for a proper look, (and also had lots of gas!) but heard heartbeat and could see baby's outline.

So far so good, I'm not sure I'll ever relax about it properly, but today felt like a real milestone for me!

congrats lightweight ams so glad it went well for you today.

Thanks for the info on the bloods, I will see what they say at the appt. Problem is my RMC Dr doesn't do a follow up, you have the one appt, they do the tests then they write to you with the results and thats it you just get back on the horse as it were. Bit crap I think that there isn't a follow up appt to discuss what to do next but hey ho!

Dunno if this is correct but don't some women only have a problem with clotting when they are actually pregnant? Therefore tests when not preg wouldn't show any problem?

Dunno if this is correct but don't some women only have a problem with clotting when they are actually pregnant? Therefore tests when not preg wouldn't show any problem?

:hugs: yes I've heard that too - could you request Clexane (blood thinner) on next pg? It's what my consultant is going to give me despite APS test being normal. :hugs:

Hi all, not been on here for a few days, lots of sad updates! I'm so sorry to hear about all the new losses, so unfair :hugs:

Rabbitt I didnt know that about the clotting! Thats scary! Even more to think about now! I was contemplating an appt with Dr Armstrong for immune testing and treatment

Hi everyone, I rarely post here but I'm sad today and feeling down. I'm just getting past my 2nd m/c and am so sorry for everyone's losses. My losses are very early and I can't get past 5 to 6 weeks. I have an appointment with an OB that deals with fertiltiy on Nov 22 and it seems like a life time away. I'm scared to try again only to have another m/c. Do you think I should wait until I see the doc or start trying again on this next cycle? Anyone's thoughts would be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->